PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Arizona Response systems ?

Not_A_G3_Fan
June 23, 2017, 16:15
I was thinking about buying a kit from mark and he looks like he has some good credentials I just want to hear want maybe some of you say about him.

yellowhand
June 23, 2017, 16:17
He's building my fifth FAL right now, anything else????

Archilochus
June 23, 2017, 16:25
Order up a kit. :) I've bought several items from ARS. No problems at all.

meltblown
June 23, 2017, 16:27
He's an asshole and takes that as a compliment. He will stand behind what he sells you. So buy with confidence. If there is a part that wasn't quite right, I'm sure he'd replace it. My 1st kit cost $175 + IIRC I spent another $50 or so having to replace bits and pieces.

1911Ron
June 23, 2017, 16:58
He fixed a non functioning FAL that i traded for and refinished it a plus in my book.

Nuttz
June 23, 2017, 18:16
He will do you right (one way or another :whistling:). Make sure you call him and ask lots of questions, he loves that! ...and be sure to ask about PayPal! :biggrin:

Thorack
June 23, 2017, 18:25
Well,

This is a compliment. With ARS you will get exactly what you pay for and nothing less.

Thorack

hkshooter
June 23, 2017, 18:43
He's a dick.
But he's brutally honest, trustworthy, carries honor like few men can, his word is his bond, and he places high value in the quality of his work. You cannot custom order a better person to have do work for you. I'd trust him in a fight and I've never met the man.

12v71
June 23, 2017, 18:43
Well,

This is a compliment. With ARS you will get exactly what you pay for and nothing less.

Thorack

Honesty and no bullshit.

Dean762
June 23, 2017, 18:49
I have purchased kits from Mark and all was well. One kit was missing a part. Emailed him and had a new replacement damn near the next day and an apology. Do your purchase in confidence.

OLDMANPBK
June 23, 2017, 18:50
GTG. Good parts, fast shipping, great instructional material, arrogant bastard. :)

Pluribus
June 23, 2017, 18:52
An absolutely Arrogant Bastard as far as arrogant bastards go. Oh and yeah, don't forget to ask about the paypal option, if it is and, all that there such'eruther.

aquaman
June 23, 2017, 19:07
Buy a kit and get his video/book. It is very well done.

PvtJoker
June 23, 2017, 19:12
Just bought a complete Imbel 21" front end from Gunplumber. He delivered it quickly, as described (actually better than described) and at a good price. I don't know what more you could ask for than that. He doesn't pull any punches around here and he may rub some people the wrong way, but when it comes to business the man runs a tight ship and I will do business with him again when I am in the market for what he has that I need. I can't think of a better endorsement than to do so with my wallet.

J. Armstrong
June 23, 2017, 19:19
He's a dick.
But he's brutally honest, trustworthy, carries honor like few men can, his word is his bond, and he places high value in the quality of his work. You cannot custom order a better person to have do work for you. I'd trust him in a fight and I've never met the man.

Absolutely, couldn't have said it better myself :beer:

Now, I wouldn't necessarily call him a dick, but let's just say diplomacy isn't his strong suit. If you want good cheer and smoke blown up yer butt, ARS isn't the place to find it. What you DO get is everything Hk described above.

I'm going to be a spoiler here; do NOT ask about Paypal or you will get a lesson in non-diplomacy :biggrin:

Nuttz
June 23, 2017, 19:22
Some folk spoil all the fun! :angel:

PvtJoker
June 23, 2017, 19:22
I'm going to be a spoiler here; do NOT ask about Paypal or you will get a lesson in non-diplomacy :biggrin:

Yeah, that would likely lead to the hilarity ensuing. Reckon you might not want to do that... ;)

meltblown
June 23, 2017, 19:38

Where's Brunop to add a nice touch right now:D:confused:

tdb59
June 23, 2017, 19:52
Mark and I have had some pointed disagreements.... . He being an Arrogant Bastard, and me being a Grey Haired Pict, that occurs once and again.

Our business dealings have been so smooth, that they border on exemplary, though.

You will receive exactly what is promised.

brunop
June 23, 2017, 20:03

I've owned (via trade) one of his rifles, and it was excellent.

I've purchased the "build" and "refinish" of my first kit back in '05, as well as the workbook and CD (iirc there was a disk).

I'm not a repeat customer.

meltblown
June 23, 2017, 20:11
I've owned (via trade) one of his rifles, and it was excellent.

Yipper. I hope the OP knows that there will be a no bones about it PP surcharge 3% thief and such. :D

adamweinerog
June 23, 2017, 21:45
If you call him, set aside a good half hour to ask lots of questions, he looooves it! Make it 45min. :]

Straight Shooter
June 24, 2017, 00:26
Be sure to tell him how much he looks like the old GI Joe with kung fu grip action figure! While he is a bit of a tosser, he, most definitely, takes care of business! Be sure to grab his FN FAL manual and DVD set. :bow:

Right Side Up
June 24, 2017, 00:45
Any business deal you have with Mark will go perfect. You will probably get more than you paid for.

raexcct2
June 24, 2017, 05:09
Mark has been my go to gunsmith since the early 1990's. He has built me 5 or 6 FALs and L1A1s plus several Galils for me. Wish I still had all his builds but had to sell most of them over the years to cover home expenses. His builds are excellent. I still have two L1A1s he built for me that look so good that I still haven't fired them. They are like a work of art. You will not be disappointed.

As far as demeanor, he's a straight shooter; no bullshit from him. That's probably why we get along as most folks say I'm an asshole because I don't speak in today's politically correct speech. Also, if you ask for advice he will give you an honest answer. It may not be what you want to hear but he won't steer you wrong.

Blackmore
June 24, 2017, 05:16
He does not suffer fools gladly but you will get what you want at a fair price. Any build will be done correctly, finished as requested and function perfectly on receipt.

gunplumber
June 24, 2017, 09:04
Make sure you call him and ask lots of questions, he loves that! ...and be sure to ask about PayPal!

Dude . . .
No.
Stop.
Bad.
Cruel!

Nuttz
June 24, 2017, 09:23
:angel:

mribley
June 24, 2017, 09:53
I've read his posts for YEARS. I get the impression that. It's like talking to your father or someone who you respect. You may not like the answer, but you won't get smoke up your butt.

I've never seen anyone bad mouth his work!

I enjoy reading his posts.

Thanks Mark for being an Arrogant Bastard. It's good to read a no BS posts.

mribley

RomanLeaderII
June 24, 2017, 10:07
GunPlumber aka Mark Graham is a perfectionist. You can tell that in many of the post he makes. When it comes to Gunsmithing there is no question he is one of the best choices one can make to Build, make repairs and refinish a firearm.

Importantly, good gunsmithing is about the custom fitting of parts and when it comes to wringing out every bit of accuracy and reliability of any military firearm....He's one of the best.

MAINER
June 24, 2017, 10:48
He comes highly recommended by a bunch of those nit-picky FALFiles members. Not many others can say the same.

:)

4x401
June 24, 2017, 11:06
His shits tight, yo. :fal:

adamweinerog
June 24, 2017, 11:15
In all seriousness, Mark has been immensely helpful to these forums. He may be abrasive to some, but that dude has spent TONS of time helping people on these forums and no doubt has lost a lot of money by problem solving here for nearly two decades instead of just getting people to send him stuff, which he could easily do, but he's got a code. I only see him getting bent when someone comes along with the wrong info and acts like they know everything, he'll call you out quick if you BS!

lew
June 24, 2017, 11:38
His shits tight, yo. :fal:

Word.

"No bullshit" sums it up. He's a straight shooter and expects you to be the same. I like that, and his store is the first place I look for parts.

saigamantx
June 24, 2017, 13:33
Dude . . .
No.
Stop.
Bad.
Cruel!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NHBandit
June 24, 2017, 13:58
His stuff is top notch.. Tell him I sent ya....

SAFN49
June 24, 2017, 19:24

Just stirring the sh!t. lol

He can be a dick, but does excellent work, and is top notch.
Just doesn't take crap off anybody.

SAFN49
June 24, 2017, 19:26
Dude . . .
No.
Stop.
Bad.
Cruel!

:rofl:

I just spit out my adult beverage, but the computer is still working.

limeyinaz
June 24, 2017, 23:17
It also makes you look a big black dingus !

Done business with Mark many times over the years, but never commented on it, so how'd I get dragged into this conversation :rolleyes:

Tuhlmann
June 25, 2017, 12:06

He's probably off somewhere lyin', cheatin' and thievin' no doubt.

tdb59
June 25, 2017, 13:02
http://www.newyorkdefensivedriving.com/images/reading/ch9s1_skid.jpg

1911Ron
June 25, 2017, 13:08
http://www.newyorkdefensivedriving.com/images/reading/ch9s1_skid.jpg

:rofl:

:popcorn::popcorn:

Nuttz
June 25, 2017, 13:14
Hoping we can steer it back on course like that!

...sadly, hope is forsaken as of late :facepalm:

W.E.G.
June 25, 2017, 13:28
Let's see.

FNG posts for first time.

Two old guys bring their unrelated personal pissing contest into the FNG's thread.

GODDAMMITT!!!

I swear to god I'm gonna ban somebody.

Knock that shit off and act like you have some fukn sense!