PDA

View Full Version : Loading M1 Rifle Clips Made Easy!

Douglas Wozny
June 20, 2017, 13:51
Received the clip loading machine from Norm last week. Last night loaded 125 clips (that's 1,000 rounds) faster than it would take to shoot that much ammunition up. See video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUvkX390WTA Best thing since indoor toilets.

ArtBanks
June 20, 2017, 14:51
Can't get much faster than that unless you are pulling bandoleers with loaded clips out of a spam can.

Retired Bum
June 20, 2017, 16:46
Fifty four years ago doing my army basic training at Fort Leonard Wood I was loading the eight round en bloc M1 clips the old fashioned way. We would pull twelve clips out of a plastic bucket and then get in line at the ammo truck. We were handed five 20 round boxes of .30 M2 Ball although it could also be tracer or armor piercing. This ammo was dated 43 or 44. I would load up my twelve clips and put the four remaining rounds in my fatigue shirt pocket.

We would load the four rounds one at a time and then start using the loaded clips. At age 17 1/2 and only 135 pounds the recoil punished me until I learned how to handle it. We fired 100 rounds a day for 12 days at the range. Got real good at loading M1 clips. Haven't forgotten how either. I have a 1945 made SA M1 and a bunch of clips with some of that cheap South Korean made M2 Ball stashed away. Cheap at the time anyway.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One

tdb59
June 20, 2017, 16:50
Fifty four years ago doing my army basic training at Fort Leonard Wood I was loading the eight round en bloc M1 clips the old fashioned way. We would pull twelve clips out of a plastic bucket and then get in line at the ammo truck. We were handed five 20 round boxes of .30 M2 Ball although it could also be tracer or armor piercing. This ammo was dated 43 or 44. I would load up my twelve clips and put the four remaining rounds in my fatigue shirt pocket.

We would load the four rounds one at a time and then start using the loaded clips. At age 17 1/2 and only 135 pounds the recoil punished me until I learned how to handle it. We fired 100 rounds a day for 12 days at the range. Got real good at loading M1 clips. Haven't forgotten how either. I have a 1945 made SA M1 and a bunch of clips with some of that cheap South Korean made M2 Ball stashed away. Cheap at the time anyway.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One

I traded in to my first M1 when I was 21, and was 5'11 / 129 pounds.

Never a problem with recoil, as it was softer than the Remington 700 I bought when I was 15.

Fired some of the Denver 43 stash through Uncle Rex's Garand at the last Oregon shoot, too.

Good stuff is good stuff.

retired 1
June 23, 2017, 22:08
Please educate those of us who don't know what, who, or where is Norms.
Thank you

hkshooter
June 25, 2017, 08:43
Excellent machine.

12v71
June 25, 2017, 10:23
Yes, excellent machine. I showed the Coffee Vixen the vid (as she was loading clips by hand) now it looks like we will be getting one. As if she can't burn ammo fast enough as is. :facepalm:

Douglas Wozny
June 26, 2017, 07:12
Please educate those of us who don't know what, who, or where is Norms.
Thank you

He is the guy in the video!

Bawana jim
June 29, 2017, 09:28
What does it cost?

2barearms
June 29, 2017, 16:40
I'll see if He's going to produce some of them and if so what they'll cost.
He's a local.

tac-40
June 30, 2017, 21:23
Ya gotta do some good google fu but the blueprints are out there so you can build your own. Apparently John C. Garand designed the original model and this (and others) are the modernized versions.

Super B
July 01, 2017, 00:49
What fun is loading clips by machine? Loading by hand lets you get intimate with your gun.

Douglas Wozny
July 05, 2017, 07:36
What fun is loading clips by machine? Loading by hand lets you get intimate with your gun.

Just wait until old age and arthritis sets in!

enbloc8
July 11, 2017, 18:21

And so it goes.

The Retired One

Did you guys use any tricks for loading faster than one-round-at-a-time? Were you supposed to have the top round on one particular side of the clip?