PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on values of ARs

richbug
June 07, 2017, 09:16
Thoughts on run of the mill used ARs. Helping a friends widow sell his guns. I know the black gun market sucks right now. Seeing Colts stagnate in the marketplace at $500 for days. Local gun shop doesn't even really want to buy them at any price. Best option is for locals sales to friends and family.

So what would you see as real value:

Rock River and Bushmaster 16" flat top M4 profile?

Armalite heavy barrel, naked muzzle A4?

TenTea
June 07, 2017, 09:21
So what would you see as real value:

Rock River and Bushmaster 16" flat top M4 profile? = $400

Armalite heavy barrel, naked muzzle A4? = $500

My best WAG +/- a few bucks, without knowing any other variables or extras.

PS: the Colt aluminum (zinc) follower 20's I got from you are all checking out A-OK ~ thanks.

Impala_Guy
June 07, 2017, 09:23
If I had any room in the safe I'd buy as many as I could right now at those prices. The next Democrat in the WH will be even worse than Obama or Clinton. They'll be selling for $1800 some day.

W.E.G.
June 07, 2017, 09:23
For clean, brand-new, AR's those prices are about right.

fnogger
June 07, 2017, 10:25
Not an AR guy (I've only owned one and that was back in teh early 90s) but the issue I see is that everyone wants different furniture, etc. Why should I pay $500 for your rifle to spend another $150 to make it "mine" when I could just build up a parts kit for the same $500 or less?

You may do better for the widow by splitting uppers and lowers and selling off in pieces

Invictus77
June 07, 2017, 12:23
I fully expect to see base Smith and Wesson carbine at $399 by July. Specialty stuff will bring more of course and some find appeal and added value in an undocumented FTF deal. The market for basic used ARs is just slim now. As stated above, that will change again if you can afford to sit on them and be patient.

armed2012
June 07, 2017, 15:43
PM me price for the entire collection maybe I can help : )