PDA

View Full Version : Will a Israeli mag release fit a hesse reciever

Witchhunter
June 14, 2002, 13:18
Before I get any crap about a Hesse :p I know I know.The question I have is will a Israeli mag release and spring fit or will I have to dremel?

bykerhd
June 14, 2002, 13:27
The Israeli magazine release should fit any metric receiver. A Hesse ? It SHOULD. Maybe.
You may have to play with different springs to get one to work well.

EMDII
June 14, 2002, 13:30
Yes.

I have one installed on my Hesse FALO-C. You might drop a small appropriately-sized ball bearing in the boss ahead of the spring, like bykerhd sez. Works great! Especially for a southpaw. No more dropped mags while rapid-firing!

You can also use a Colt .45 ACP plunger spring, trimmed a bit to fit.

gunsmith_tony
June 14, 2002, 15:18
It should fit anybodys Metric receiver.

Witchhunter
June 14, 2002, 19:07
Thank you for the answers Next question What would cause a Bolt Hold Open device to fuction,intermittently (is new DSA).Did I do some thing incorrectly when I put it in.I noticed that there is a adjustment screw in the DSA and not in the Isreali one.

bykerhd
June 14, 2002, 22:31
Check the bolt hold open for any binding in the slot. Also make sure the spring in it is moving freely. I had a couple from Century that were full of bluing salts and crud. Stuck and nasty. A few shots of penetrating oil and a very light warming with a Mapp gas(propane will work) torch repeated a couple times and they were fine. More oil applied, naturally after they cooled. Don't heat them much as you will ruin the spring temper.