PDA

View Full Version : My latest unexpected FIND - an M1A

ServiceRifle
May 31, 2017, 15:42
They don't come around like this very often. I found this today at a local AZ FFL who had it on consignment. Out the door and in my car for a total of $1,000. Evidently the guy who was selling it bought it new 20 years or so ago - put it in his safe and never fired it.

Its in virtually NEW condition. It's a preban (73XXX) Springfield Armory with a TRW barrel (TE 0), a HRT bolt, and a HR trigger group. It has a commercial SA op rod and a non USGI walnut stock.

I guess one of the benefits to living in Arizona is that you have a lot of people who are getting older and just wanting to get rid of their firearms. I'll be one of those people in a few years - but in the meanwhile I will just enjoy it.

ArtBanks
May 31, 2017, 16:15
That is the way to find them. Good going.

1911Ron
May 31, 2017, 16:18
Good score!

Invictus77
May 31, 2017, 16:21
Must be a good day to be a buyer. I have seen at least 3 smokin' good deals go down here today.

J. Armstrong
May 31, 2017, 17:10
I hate you, I hate you :D:bow:

01BIRDDOG
June 01, 2017, 07:35
Yes i would say a real deal on a exc. weapon. Show us some pics. of it.

mp
June 01, 2017, 08:08
Surprised an employee even let it hit the floor at that consignment price......

ServiceRifle
June 01, 2017, 15:02
Here's the rifle that I put in a Fajen laminated camo stock that I just bought off the M14Forum

It's a beautiful pre ban Springfield Armory with a great TRW barrel and HRT bolt.

https://s15.postimg.org/xrbtpwjjf/IMG_3991.jpg

Bug Tussell
June 04, 2017, 08:19
They don't come around like this very often. I found this today at a local AZ FFL who had it on consignment. Out the door and in my car for a total of $1,000. Evidently the guy who was selling it bought it new 20 years or so ago - put it in his safe and never fired it.

Its in virtually NEW condition. It's a preban (73XXX) Springfield Armory with a TRW barrel (TE 0), a HRT bolt, and a HR trigger group. It has a commercial SA op rod and a non USGI walnut stock.

I guess one of the benefits to living in Arizona is that you have a lot of people who are getting older and just wanting to get rid of their firearms. I'll be one of those people in a few years - but in the meanwhile I will just enjoy it.

$1,000 was the going price used 20 years ago or thereabouts. Nice find.

hardheaded
June 04, 2017, 20:27
You stole it ,
Nice score by the way
That stock really compliments that rifle

little308
June 20, 2017, 10:37
Isn't Arizona the New Florida as far as retirees go? Will make for some interesting pawn shop finds as they divest themselves of all things firearm related.

I don't recall if Springfield ever offered those laminated stocks as an option or they were strictly 3rd party but that is beautiful. Perfect compliment. You could probably make almost half the cost of the rifle back if you chose to sell the stock by itself and restock into surplus.

LKY_13
June 20, 2017, 11:27
Great find! I hope you have lots of fun shooting her... I too scored my M14s from AZ.
But, figured it was the stigma of the Polytech receiver that kept it from moving (until I came along).
I figure; if Fulton Armory considers them good enough to build with one of their National Match barrels, then...