PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on HK USP 45

01BIRDDOG
May 30, 2017, 07:27
Have a chance today to pick up a new in box, about 1994 HK USP in .45 cal. What are your thoughts on this pistol as i have never owned one or even shot one. Price will be really good with five mags. I'm thinking my SIG 229 in .357 SIG would be one to compare it to but not sure HK would be a better weapon.

mrbshooter
June 05, 2017, 16:21
Love it. Buy it. Its a beast, but you can tame it.

superjc
June 06, 2017, 22:46
Had one for a decade, still have it, carried it in the armored trucks, probably 1000 rounds through it with zero failures ever (factory mags ONLY) and I've shot all kinds of terrible ammo, reloads that were bulged out, steel case, bimetal, anything and everything. Bet my life on this gun. That said I think for large hands the Sig .45 is more ergonomic.

MGMike
June 07, 2017, 08:25
Had one for a decade, still have it.... Bet my life on this gun...

Me too. It's precisely made and always works. In a class by itself; an advanced but conservative design neither overcrowded nor overstressed.

But it's a big gun, and not for everybody's hands.

M

gaijinsamurai
June 07, 2017, 09:42
The USP Compact is close to being the most perfect pistol I've ever fired. Came close to acquiring one a couple of times, but never have. On my bucket list of guns I want to own.

nmcollektor
June 07, 2017, 10:11
Had one. Sold it. Now regret it.

The pricing is the only factor that has kept me from getting into another one.

douglas
June 08, 2017, 14:53
Picked up one of those Police Trade-In HK USP 45 a couple of years ago for a great price after my wife snagged my SIG P-220 for her purse carry pistol.

It's been a great shooter, put a couple of boxes of trashy lookin ammo that I dug out of storage as a test without any problem. Soft shooting and very accurate. Love the 12 +1 carry mags.
Great pistol for walking around out in the woods or the back 40, however as stated before it is a large pistol and I wouldn't want to carry it concealed on a daily basis. New mags are kinda pricy as well. Built like a tank and it is a solid pistol.

I don't generally name my pistols but this one I refer to as "Thor's Hammer."

Hebrew Battle Rifle
June 10, 2017, 11:23
I am a 1911 fan. There are only two other pistols that interest me. The Sig Saur P220 and the HK USP45. The P220 feels great in my hand, but with a single stack mag, it doesn't offer anything that my 1911s aren't already doing well.
The HK USP also feels great in my hand. It has the same ergonomics as my 1911s with the added feature of ambi mag release. I also love the double stack mag with increased ammo capacity. The only reason that I do not have an HK USP45 is the cost of factory mags. I don't really care if my 1911 mags hit the deck during training. If they fly apart and are rendered irreparable, I'll just replace it for a small price and keep on trucking. I am not letting a $60.00 hard to get magazine hit the deck. That alters my training in a way that is unacceptable to me.

SWOHFAL
June 10, 2017, 11:55
Picked up one of those Police Trade-In HK USP 45 a couple of years ago for a great price after my wife snagged my SIG P-220 for her purse carry pistol.

It's been a great shooter, put a couple of boxes of trashy lookin ammo that I dug out of storage as a test without any problem. Soft shooting and very accurate. Love the 12 +1 carry mags.
Great pistol for walking around out in the woods or the back 40, however as stated before it is a large pistol and I wouldn't want to carry it concealed on a daily basis. New mags are kinda pricy as well. Built like a tank and it is a solid pistol.

I don't generally name my pistols but this one I refer to as "Thor's Hammer."

She must have a large purse....

GoCougs
June 11, 2017, 09:12
I have the USP Compct in .45 and I live it. It's my go to carry gun, it's accurate and reliable without question.