PDA

View Full Version : AR Bolt Won't Close.

bubs
May 29, 2017, 19:49
The bolt on my AR will not close completely if the trigger is depressed. It functions fine if I do not hold the trigger down. I think I narrowed the problem down to the hammer. I swapped a few different hammers from other ARs and it worked fine. I used the same disconnector, spring and trigger with each new hammer
Cycled bolt manually with new hammer and it closed whether trigger was depressed or I let off. I'm not sure who manufactured the hammer. It came in a lower parts kit I bought from Sarco. I'm going buy a few new hammers to replace this one, but just out of curiosity I would like to know what is causing this problem with the old hammer. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bubs

MAINER
June 02, 2017, 09:21
Just guessing that Sarco slipped a non-milspec hammer in the mix from China or maybe one from a batch of rejects of a US supplier.
They scrounge parts from anywhere, some of dubious quality.

Trigger components, along with barrels are what I spend money on, buying the best made available, ALG QMS and others now supplying "enhanced" sets. Not talking Gieselle and Jewell multi-hundred dollar units here.

bubs
June 02, 2017, 16:29
Thanks for the reply. Thought that was probably the case. Any idea what would be out of spec on the hammer to cause this type of problem?

Bubs