PDA

View Full Version : Any L1A1 Magazine Floorplates to be found?

johnvanjr
May 27, 2017, 12:19
Greetings. Several years ago, I purchased several new in wrap L1A1 mag. bodies from Tapco when they were still selling FAL parts somewhat. From what i've read, FAL metric followers and springs work in the L1A1 bodies. Push comes to shove, I can even fabricate the inner floorplate locking plates (unsure of proper terminology), which i've found to be non-existent. My question is, does anyone know who currently has L1A1 floorplates available and for sale? I have Googled and see none available. I'm not picky as to country of manufacture, or condition, as long as can be made serviceable. I hate seeing the shells sitting on my shelf being useless....thanks, John.:confused:

mrbshooter
May 27, 2017, 15:22
Numrich might.

Northwoods
May 27, 2017, 16:17
I have a base plate and follower from a mag I blew up years ago. Send me your info by e mail and I will ship. It is from an inch mag but will probably fit yours. Both very good.
bricker@maine.rr.com

4markk
May 27, 2017, 17:19
Ernst Armory did have the locking plates, but no base plates (which is usually the other way around). Interestingly, a little while back I came across some Inch Mags with locking plates fab'd from Bren locking plates.

I'm looking at fab'ing some base plates, but it may be sometime before I can get that project rolling. So, if you do come across a source of base plates, please let me know.

Hebrew Battle Rifle
May 27, 2017, 17:22
I have a base plate and follower from a mag I blew up years ago. Send me your info by e mail and I will ship. It is from an inch mag but will probably fit yours. Both very good.
bricker@maine.rr.com

You posted this yesterday:

You guys are really bad. I have never been dissed even for a stupid question. I will not be using this forum any more and will do all I can to **** it up!

Why are you still here?

mrbshooter
May 27, 2017, 17:34
You can also try emailing Brad Washa at Gunthings.

http://gunthings.com/

I bet he would have them.

Northwoods
May 27, 2017, 18:32
Good by. I hope you can help this fellow with some free mag parts. I am not going to now.

raubvogel
May 27, 2017, 18:55
Good by. I hope you can help this fellow with some free mag parts. I am not going to now.

http://danielleewillis.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/take-toys.jpg

Northwoods
May 27, 2017, 19:19
I am too old to care. I will talk to anyone. Want to play?

Hebrew Battle Rifle
May 27, 2017, 19:20

Goodbye is one word. As I am sure that you are still here, I am confident that you will read this post and be edified by it's contents.

4markk
May 27, 2017, 19:37
Goodbye is one word. As I am sure that you are still here, I am confident that you will read this post and be edified by it's contents.

Am I missing something????

3Gunnah
May 27, 2017, 20:26
Ernst has the lock tabs, NOS they were quite a pleasure to deal with and he even called me back at like 8 at night to confirm the order when there was a problem with my debit card!

denny
May 27, 2017, 22:30
Floor plates out of stock at Ernst .
$4.95 their price.
Denny

johnvanjr
May 30, 2017, 09:33
Been offline working the Memorial Day weekend. Sorry for slow replies. I checked Earnest Armory. They show them for sale, but when you click on item, it is shown as out of stock. 4markk, thanks for the response. If you do start making up a batch, i'd be in for several. If I see any become available, I will post on Falfiles.:)