PDA

View Full Version : If beech is your thing

JonnyP
May 23, 2017, 02:41
...this is a pretty good deal IMHO, certainly compared to some of the crap on GB. Nice solid L1A1 kit on beech furniture with a decent Imbel receiver. Refinished also, again, if that's your thing.

These days $1000 seems like a reasonable deal (I'm not associated in any way)

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/649236536

DakTo
May 23, 2017, 08:26
It may sell for more, however get rid of that receiver and sell it off for a few hundred bucks and invest the funds in a DSA British receiver.
The Sliver Crescent furniture looks nice and if desired can be stained a darker color to emulate a British L1A1.

gunplumber
May 23, 2017, 08:31
It may sell for more, however get rid of that receiver and sell it off for a few hundred bucks and invest the funds in a DSA British receiver.

Unless you want to insert a magazine, then keep the quality, in-spec IMBEL.

Incognito
May 23, 2017, 09:51

Truer words have never been spoken. I opted for an in spec, FN license built Imbel receiver for my L1A1 build and never looked back. It does not have the "correct look" but runs like a champ.

DakTo
May 23, 2017, 12:56

Mark nice to hear you approve and recommend Century receivers.
Would you care to provide the percentage of inaccurate Century receivers verses DSA receivers you had solve functioning problems over the course of your career?

tdb59
May 23, 2017, 13:44
Would you care to provide the percentage of inaccurate Century receivers verses DSA receivers you had solve functioning problems over the course of your career?

What are you smoking ?

It must be good stuff, as the receiver referenced was manufactured by Indústria de Material Bélico do Brasil.

gunplumber
May 23, 2017, 14:03
Minor details like that do not sway DakTo's fanboy cheering for all things DSA. After all, he's been buying from DSA for FORTY YEARS! Not sure what he was buying from Dave in 1977, but I'm sure it was without flaw.

MilsurpMonkey
May 23, 2017, 14:06
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K0jidVe8z3Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tdb59
May 23, 2017, 14:08
Minor details like that do not sway DakTo's fanboy cheering for all things DSA. After all, he's been buying from DSA for FORTY YEARS! Not sure what he was buying from Dave in 1977, but I'm sure it was without flaw.

Nice cross-reference.

:):)

Vulcanator
May 23, 2017, 22:05
...this is a pretty good deal IMHO, certainly compared to some of the crap on GB. Nice solid L1A1 kit on beech furniture with a decent Imbel receiver. Refinished also, again, if that's your thing.

These days $1000 seems like a reasonable deal (I'm not associated in any way)

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/649236536
That furniture makes the beech on my Enfield Mk2 No4 looks positively brunette. Not a bad rifle for the price though.

JonnyP
May 23, 2017, 22:07
you know what, I think it's also just over exposure or a flash, it looks a nice caramel color in the close up of the front sight.

I'm actually pretty tempted by this.

DakTo
May 24, 2017, 14:54
What are you smoking ?

It must be good stuff, as the receiver referenced was manufactured by Indústria de Material Bélico do Brasil.

Receivers marked Century made by anyone are less respected and worth hundreds less than a direct import receiver. The commercial Type 1 & 2 receivers are also more desirable. Check out the 6 Century modified to inch receivers sitting on GB for months for $249.95 each. Buy them up and make a killing.

Let's not start hyping Century receivers with numerous feeding issues and other problems.

DakTo
May 24, 2017, 14:59
"...Mark nice to hear you approve and recommend Century receivers.
Would you care to provide the percentage of inaccurate Century receivers verses DSA receivers you had solve functioning problems over the course of your career?.."

Tick...Tick......Crickets.

msnyder
May 24, 2017, 15:23
Receivers marked Century made by anyone are less respected and worth hundreds less than a direct import receiver. The commercial Type 1 & 2 receivers are also more desirable. Check out the 6 Century modified to inch receivers sitting on GB for months for $249.95 each. Buy them up and make a killing.

Let's not start hyping Century receivers with numerous feeding issues and other problems.

I could use about a dozen of those crappy Century marked Imbel L1A1 Sporter receivers if anyone has some to sell.

tdb59
May 24, 2017, 15:31
I could use about a dozen of those crappy Century marked Imbel L1A1 Sporter receivers if anyone has some to sell.

True.

I sold my last one for $ 550.00.

Hundreds of dollars less than a cast DSA sells for.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/496221407374626816/k5WSGsaX.jpeg

gunplumber
May 24, 2017, 16:54

Would you care to provide the percentage of inaccurate Century receivers verses DSA receivers you had solve functioning problems over the course of your career?.."

You do have a long history of being full of shit, but really . . it looks like you've now gone full retard. NEVER go full retard!

I have always heartily endorsed those "inaccurate" (sic) CAI (and Hesse) imported IMBEL receivers.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/650191270

I really can't believe you are this stupid, therefore you are being intentionally dishonest.

Impala_Guy
May 24, 2017, 18:40
Why are some of you guys shiting all over Dak? Though nobody's 100 percent right all the time, he's one of the more knowledgeable and personable / helpful posters here.

DSA - tastes great! Century Arms - less filing! Christ, let's save our vitriol for progressives and ISIS.

MilsurpMonkey
May 24, 2017, 18:43
Except the flavor in question is imbel.

tdb59
May 24, 2017, 19:32
Except the flavor in question is imbel.

Facts !??

Horly Crlap !

That could cause a disaster of biblical proportions, real wrath of God type stuff.

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

The dead rising from the grave!

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

:skull:

Darwinsmistake
May 24, 2017, 20:53
MilsurpMonkey

Hahaha! I have not laughed that hard in along time! That movie clip was brilliant!

gunplumber
May 25, 2017, 08:03
Why are some of you guys shiting all over Dak? . . he's one of the more knowledgeable and personable / helpful posters here.

Which means he is being deliberately deceptive to commingle CAI manufactured and CAI imported IMBELs. That's called "lying". I have no use for dishonest people.

Just like when he claimed to be buying from DSA in 1977. One at first might think his claim of 40 years buying from Dave was a typo, but then he doubled down on it - so that makes him a liar. There was no DSA in 1977.

DakTo
May 25, 2017, 09:07
True.

I sold my last one for $ 550.00.

Hundreds of dollars less than a cast DSA sells for.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/496221407374626816/k5WSGsaX.jpeg

You must be 100% Irish. :rofl:

DakTo
May 25, 2017, 09:08
You do have a long history of being full of shit, but really . . it looks like you've now gone full retard. NEVER go full retard!

I have always heartily endorsed those "inaccurate" (sic) CAI (and Hesse) imported IMBEL receivers.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/650191270

I really can't believe you are this stupid, therefore you are being intentionally dishonest.

Your post certainly reveals your true character.

gunplumber
May 25, 2017, 09:17
Your post certainly reveals your true character.

All my posts reveal my character - kindof an asshole, but straightforward, honest and striving to be fair in all things.

Yours reveal your character as well - a man with no integrity, willing to blatantly lie to pimp someone's products. But too stupid to lie convincingly.

MilsurpMonkey
May 25, 2017, 10:37
Let's take a quick poll and end this all right now.

When buying a receiver with the desire to assemble a riFAL with absolute minimal need of fitting do you buy

A- Cast DSA with out of spec mag well and questionable e-block placement

B- Cast Coonan with out of spec mag well, out if spec rail geometry, and questionable e-block placement

C- Forged Imbel with a Century import mark

I'll tell you right now, I own all 3 and will take the Century marked imbel over the other 2 turds any day.

gunplumber
May 25, 2017, 12:32
I'll tell you right now, I own all 3 and will take the Century marked imbel over the other 2 turds any day.

What about a Hesse import IMBEL? Those are totally out of spec, right? 'Cause it says Hesse on it.

MilsurpMonkey
May 25, 2017, 12:54
What about a Hesse import IMBEL? Those are totally out of spec, right? 'Cause it says Hesse on it.

Bring on the Hesse, hell, best receiver DSA ever sold was the DSA marked Imbel. Guess I'd even take that one, although at a discount, that DSA mark means my mags won't fit :biggrin:

fal fiend
May 25, 2017, 16:17
I have built several fals over the years/ nothing like mark or many others here have done, i've done imbels/ dsa/ argy/ coonan/only reciever i never had to tweak was a argy/ i had 1 imbel that a imbel para carrier would not close in. Coonans u usally have to smooth feed ramps are they chew up the brass.Had to rethreaded the the hole the barrel goes in on several dsa recievers/ these also used a.250 locking shoulder. just my 2 cents

Hebrew Battle Rifle
May 25, 2017, 19:24
Check out the 6 Century modified to inch receivers sitting on GB for months for $249.95 each.

I would like to see that. What search terms do I use to find them?

jeffrey
May 29, 2017, 22:58

Why are you trying to start an argument about Century manufactured uppers when the rifal under discussion is built on an Imbel manufactured upper?

L1A1, G1, Imbel kits ~ the easiest, least dikking around assembly was on Imbel uppers. Cast DSA were the worst, with Coonan close behind. Barrel threads cut with old, crappy, worn out taps, so NFW is the barrel going to thread on without recutting the threads...etc,etc.

And one of those Imbels has CAI import markings. Which of course has jacksh1t to do with the fact that they are Imbels. And has jacksh1t to do with the quality or value.

gunplumber
May 30, 2017, 08:19
Why are you trying to start an argument about Century manufactured uppers when the rifal under discussion is built on an Imbel manufactured upper?

L1A1, G1, Imbel kits ~ the easiest, least dikking around assembly was on Imbel uppers. Cast DSA were the worst, with Coonan close behind. Barrel threads cut with old, crappy, worn out taps, so NFW is the barrel going to thread on without recutting the threads...etc,etc.

And one of those Imbels has CAI import markings. Which of course has jacksh1t to do with the fact that they are Imbels. And has jacksh1t to do with the quality or value.

He knows. He's lying.

DakTo
May 30, 2017, 19:57

It is nice to hear you an authority on Century receivers which may be seconds and why are the receivers not identified ad IMBEL ? Gunplumber had stated in the past that he would not work on Century builds because they are problematic and consume too much of his time.
Tell me Mr. jeffrey how many Century receivers have you built on other parts kits?

DakTo
May 30, 2017, 20:00
He knows. He's lying.

It is nice to hear I am now officially in the Gumplumber Liar & Thief Club and among many current and former manufacturers, dealers and builders.
Try not to take yourself too seriously.

DakTo
May 30, 2017, 20:06
I would like to see that. What search terms do I use to find them?

Simple: Go on Gun Broker and type in L1A1 receiver in the top search box.

MilsurpMonkey
May 30, 2017, 21:01
It is nice to hear you an authority on Century receivers which may be seconds and why are the receivers not identified ad IMBEL ?

You mean ​like this?

http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj486/Milsurpmonkey/IMG_20170530_185350257_zpsuitre5ft.jpg

Identical markings to the rifle in the GB ad that has sparked this whole exhibition of your own willful ignorance.

The rifle in question does not have a century receiver, it has a Century marked Imbel. A fact you seem to be ignoring.

Timmo
May 31, 2017, 02:31
An interesting thread to read. I can happily say that here in New Zealand these " points of view " over different receivers will never be argued. The dickheads who enabled that funny law which required American components to be added to an imported firearm must have had this scenario in mind when they did it.Someone in your government had a sense of humour.:whistling::whistling:

gunplumber
May 31, 2017, 08:39
It is nice to hear you an authority on Century receivers which may be seconds

baseless libel

and why are the receivers not identified as IMBEL ?

Because CAI did not pay IMBEL to mark them thusly. Marking requirements are importer OR manufacturer and importer was on the barrel, as is still in the books as an authorized importer stamp location. Which again, you know damn well, making your question disingenuous, aka "a lie".

Gunplumber had stated in the past that he would not work on Century builds because they are problematic and consume too much of his time.

Another lie - seriously - you actually had a tiny bit of credibility here before your last several posts. Now you've thrown that all away. Because of your choice to blatantly lie in some misguided effort to get your head further up Dave's ass, now anything you say from this point forward will be viewed in that light.

Tell me Mr. jeffrey how many Century receivers have you built on other parts kits?

You are the only one here pretending (lying) that we are talking about Century receivers.

Of the approximately 4000 FALs I've built over the last 25 years, I'veprobably a thousand on Century Imported IMBEL and FMAP receivers. All were excellent. In fact, the only bad IMBEL receiver I had was one of the thousand I built of the PAC gear logos. I sent it back to Ravinder Majal because there were no threads cut for the gas tube nut. He was equally surprised.

For new members who do not understand what DakTo has been blatantly lying about, he is pretending all these receivers are identical and manufactured by CAI, in order to promote the DSA.

http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/wp/fal/l1a1-markings-cai-types-01.jpg

jam762
June 04, 2017, 21:21
http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/wp/fal/l1a1-markings-cai-types-01.jpg[/img]

So those century receivers?:crackhead: