PDA

View Full Version : L1A1 turned in in LA

fnogger
May 21, 2017, 11:11
https://photos.smugmug.com/Category/0519NWSLDNL-GUNBUYBACK-EC/i-kthHp62/0/f360ebee/L/0519_NWS_LDN_L-GUNBUYBACK-EC.02-L.jpg

OLDMANPBK
May 21, 2017, 11:42
Every time I see one of these "look how great we are we got all these deadly guns off the street" displays I want to barf.

OLDMANPBK
May 21, 2017, 11:54
Show me some tables stacked with the bodies of dead criminals, then I'll be impressed.

Chester Nimitz
May 21, 2017, 12:09
It was even California compliant by not having a flash suppressor.

VALMET
May 21, 2017, 12:38
With the thumb-hole stock no doubt

OLDMANPBK
May 21, 2017, 13:16
Hopefully it has a Century cast receiver and not an Imbel.

yellowhand
May 21, 2017, 13:20
Wow, empty LAW tubes, I' scared!:uhoh:
Hold me,,,,,, please.:)

enbloc8
May 21, 2017, 13:32
One wonders how many of those are just props as opposed to actual crime guns.

pre1989
May 21, 2017, 13:57
Nice they got two LAW this year ..Or was it the last two turned out just put out again?

Chester Nimitz
May 21, 2017, 15:12
The LAW Tube is probably a Hollywood Prop from "Magnum Force"

machinegunner
May 21, 2017, 15:37

not magnum force. "The Enforcer"

Chester Nimitz
May 21, 2017, 15:40
not magnum force. "The Enforcer"

Your right, my "bad".

There are two Law Tubes, the other was from "Falling Down". LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OhIdDNtSv0

bigstick61
May 21, 2017, 15:41
With the thumb-hole stock no doubt

Thumbhole stock isn't CA AWB compliant. Treated the same as a pistol grip.

nopec
May 21, 2017, 15:43
I wonder how many got into the wild via fast and furious.

mrbshooter
May 21, 2017, 17:04
Not props. A friend, LAPD gang officer, got one shot at him. Bomb squad verified it as a dud. Over ten years ago, but he is still on the Department. Those pics are nothing compared to SWATs armory, or the seized gun locker.

I kick myself every time I think about it cause I didnt take pics. :facepalm:

Abominog
May 21, 2017, 17:12
You really think six people turned in identical AKs ? Or did somebody have six identical AKs they no longer needed?

rbgonoles
May 21, 2017, 17:47
The turn in was probably so pathetic that they went to a local gun store and bought a bunch of rifles.

mrbshooter
May 21, 2017, 18:10
They get hundreds of guns turned in. Sheiff does a buyback too. Mostly crap that has been sitting around for years which rust is busy reclaiming. Very few real dangerous weapons (i.e. assault rifles for photo op with the Mayor).

enbloc8
May 21, 2017, 19:41

I remember when those (expended) would turn up at shows in the 80s. Think the last one I saw was an original M72 tube around 1992.

Thomas
May 21, 2017, 20:07
I wish they would have a turn in here in KY.
I will have a pocket of $100 bills and troll the line.
If it's a fal it will be mine.
Most people would rather have cash rather than a fast food gift card.

Chester Nimitz
May 21, 2017, 21:05
I remember when those (expended) would turn up at shows in the 80s. Think the last one I saw was an original M72 tube around 1992.

It was this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OhIdDNtSv0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFQ2x-CeA2E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBssszRwwsE

Only in California!

raubvogel
May 28, 2017, 15:38
Wow, empty LAW tubes, I' scared!:uhoh:
Hold me,,,,,, please.:)

They were used as condoms. Rough neighborhood you know.

yellowhand
May 28, 2017, 17:03
They were used as condoms. Rough neighborhood you know.

Really, that must suck to be a midget!:facepalm:

jam762
May 28, 2017, 19:03
I was thinking about leasing mine for photo ops. I think that there is money to be made there. :biggrin:

raubvogel
May 29, 2017, 18:53
I was thinking about leasing mine for photo ops. I think that there is money to be made there. :biggrin:

Charge by the hour.

preban336
June 03, 2017, 15:31
Pure liberal feel good politics....total BS. Most of the stuff that gets turned in is "Saturday Night Specials" but I did see a non-import original GI bring back M1 carbine and German Luger get turned in by a little old lady. Several, myself included wished we could save them buy buying them from her at a fair price but the powers that be would have none of it. Made me sick to think that history like that would soon get torched!!:(

raubvogel
June 10, 2017, 07:20
Pure liberal feel good politics....total BS. Most of the stuff that gets turned in is "Saturday Night Specials" but I did see a non-import original GI bring back M1 carbine and German Luger get turned in by a little old lady. Several, myself included wished we could save them buy buying them from her at a fair price but the powers that be would have none of it. Made me sick to think that history like that would soon get torched!!:(

Well, you do not know if it got torched or ended up being sold at gunbroker by an enterprising cop. Friend of mine got shot (survived; his dog did not fare as well), criminal got caught with gun, and then the gun mysteriously disappeared from the locker room. And since cops couldn't be bothered to find out what happened, judge let criminal go home free. No evidence (holes on my friend's belly and his statements do not count in the courtroom).

Would not be surprised if he got his gun back

pistolero1911
June 10, 2017, 07:42
Friend of mine got shot (survived; his dog did not fare as well), criminal got caught with gun, and then the gun mysteriously disappeared from the locker room. And since cops couldn't be bothered to find out what happened, judge let criminal go home free. No evidence (holes on my friend's belly and his statements do not count in the courtroom).

That should prompt a full investigation of the PD's Property Room and Evidence Chain-Of-Custody Protocol. Some heads should roll!

base704
June 19, 2017, 08:16
That should prompt a full investigation of the PD's Property Room and Evidence Chain-Of-Custody Protocol. Some heads should roll!

I was in a bike accident back in 2009 which required an ambulance ride and hospital stay...had a CCW on me and informed medics and then cop that showed to scene shortly after them about the weapon.
Cop asked if there was someone that he could give the gun to when we got to the hospital, because if he had to turn it in, "it'll be a long time 'til you see it again, and a there's a good chance that you might not".
Was a cheap pocket gun, but the message still hit home, and hard.
Although his honesty about the situation was definitely appreciated, it didn't do much to improve my opinion of cops, and/or our legal system. I promptly instructed/informed him on who he could give the gun to, and he did keep his word by doing just that.