PDA

View Full Version : What makes this Century Arms rifle on gunbroker so valuable?

3Gunnah
May 17, 2017, 22:09
Can somebody tell me why this Century Arms rifle is going for so much money on gunbroker?
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/645040350

Thanks

enbloc8
May 17, 2017, 23:11
Well...apparently somebody really must haz a 1966 Enfield on a Brazilian receiver with Israeli parts and an Aussie wood carry handle.

sparkeyboaz
May 18, 2017, 00:07
Can somebody tell me why this Century Arms rifle is going for so much money on gunbroker?
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/645040350

Thanks
If you scroll down towards the bottom of the Gun Broker ad, you will see in blue an indication of Provenance: former Bob Faris collection.
Thats a very funny coincidence since a dear friend of mine here in Colorado has the same name. Close anyway. His last name, is Farris with two r's but we still call him Bob!
Just happens to be the friend who got me hooked on FALs!
Small world!
Now I'm starting to wonder who this other guy named Bob Faris was.
Sparkeyboaz
UPDATE:
I Googled "Bob Faris"
Seems this guy was well known in some circles in regards to the Gun World!
Kinda like Elmer Keith or such.
Maybe this Rifle had some sentiment to him and his friends.
Amazing what some people will pay to have a memory or keepsake that was once owned by someone that was known and well liked.
There is alot of info on Bob Faris and his knowledge on the Korean war stuff, etc...

Capt D
May 18, 2017, 00:41
Well...apparently somebody really must haz a 1966 Enfield on a Brazilian receiver with Israeli parts and an Aussie wood carry handle.

Heyyy sure ain't me...if only the lower said 'D66' behind the pistol grip (it doesn't--it's 'D65'). Geez, I can't believe it's bidz have climbed so high...that's pretty crazy...

jam762
May 18, 2017, 01:54
Franken L1...
Aussie GB, Izzy charging handle & hinge pin, philips lower PG screw, FAL mag cut, and FAL carrier. $2537? :facepalm:

DakTo
May 18, 2017, 08:47
The rifle is worth about $1000 in parts.

Firearms seem to get pricey in Fairfax, VA since I lived there.

Bonac9
May 18, 2017, 08:56
It's going for so much because of marketing, and people don't know what they're buying. The bit about cold war, Falkland Islands, etc. got somebody thinking they're getting a real bargan on a documented piece of history with the providence and all. They'll put it over the fireplace and tell all their friends how that rifle helped free the Falklands.
I also suspect the people selling it don't really have a clue either. The bit about a Century rifle that is unusual because it's an inch pattern that takes metric magazines, and that the bolt hold open needs work.
Interestingly this was only at around $600 yesterday. Certainly climbed fast. Sometimes I wonder about GB. There are times I think the sellers may have a 2nd account, and bid on their own stuff if the price isn't high enough. Bid it up to a point where any sane individual won't out bid them, and then tell GB the winner failed to follow through with the purchase.

armed2012
May 18, 2017, 08:56
What on gods green earth... this is one the craziest things ove ever seen on gunbroker.. WTF :facepalm:

preban336
May 18, 2017, 16:12
What on gods green earth... this is one the craziest things ove ever seen on gunbroker.. WTF :facepalm:

I was thinking the same damn thing!!! Just nuts! I have bought several like it and never paid more than $850ish!!:confused:

VALMET
May 23, 2017, 17:58
Between folks with more money than knowledge and a shill bidder or two the sky is the limit on this parts gun.

hkshooter
May 23, 2017, 18:27
What makes this Century Arms rifle on gunbroker so valuable?

Not a damn thing.

Bubacus
May 23, 2017, 18:58
Delusional Thinking? Perhaps they are misinformed about what they have though.

jam762
May 23, 2017, 19:25
I have some to sell at the kinda scratch.

embatp
May 23, 2017, 19:50
Not a damn thing.

This

gentlemanjoe
May 23, 2017, 20:11
The minimum bid is now $3,550 with 27 minutes to go. I think I now have all of the bidders worn out. That baby is mine all mine Bwahahahahaaaaa.................:whistling:

morpeth dock rat
May 23, 2017, 20:39
I have some to sell at the kinda scratch.

I have great interest in an "as issued" British, walnut furniture. Do you have ?

Invictus77
May 23, 2017, 20:42
5 minutes left....don't wait to bid or you will miss out :)

Invictus77
May 23, 2017, 20:44
Another bid in the 15 minute rule. If this thing actually changes hands at $3,700+ my Brit will be on there soon too :)

Invictus77
May 23, 2017, 20:47
ROH ROH Scoobie Doo....

I just noticed this in the description of this Commonwealth SLR:

"the magazine hold open needs adjustment" :facepalm:

VALMET
May 23, 2017, 20:55
Noticed that current high-bidder has zero feedback...

12v71
May 23, 2017, 20:55
ROH ROH Scoobie Doo....

I just noticed this in the description of this Commonwealth SLR:

"the magazine hold open needs adjustment" :facepalm:

Wow, 20 posts and you were the first to catch that. :bow:

gentlemanjoe
May 23, 2017, 21:07
$3,955.00 + $50 shipping:facepalm:

Invictus77
May 23, 2017, 21:15

Well actually, I caught it after 20 rounds....cuz I'm "feeling" metric today ;)

12v71
May 23, 2017, 21:44
Well actually, I caught it after 20 rounds....cuz I'm "feeling" metric today ;)

Hey, if you buy this I'll loan you my "adjuster tool" :rofl:

3Gunnah
May 23, 2017, 22:53
There is one born every minute they say!

d_s
May 24, 2017, 02:20
Noticed that current high-bidder has zero feedback...

Yup, its a fake account used to bid the gun up, just watch, in a week or two it will be back for sale with an explanation of, reposted due to non paying bidder

hkshooter
May 24, 2017, 07:25

He was the first to bring it up. :whistling:

hueyville
May 24, 2017, 07:41
The rifle is worth about $1000 in parts.

Firearms seem to get pricey in Fairfax, VA since I lived there.

Talking about parts value and rifle prices, have been diligently piling parts in A grade and B grade Brit then A and B grade Aussie. Have two inch receivers with third finally shipping. As look at the prices on parts, especially the parts I don't have in A grade to complete the nice builds and what inch rifles are selling for here in marketplace am crunching numbers and looks like my mostly complete pile of inch parts to build two nice and one beater inch rifle would pay for two nicely done rifles ready to run with money left for a beater. Odd thing is don't need anymore inch rifles according to vault inventory but am a hoarder at heart and can't see collecting empty cereal boxes, broken toasters, beanie babies, velvet Elvis paintings, aluminum t.v. dinner trays and used clothing from Salvation Army store. So rifles seem as good of an item to hoard as anything. Really at point staying so busy that might be better served selling the kits and buying rifles. Someone please talk me out of such blasphemy.

Also considering using left over metric parts with a keymod/picatinny top rail forearm, new DSA barrel and Magpul stock for a tacticool FAL. Hang a N.V. laser and other tacticool accessories on it and set up for full time suppressor rifle. Anyone else around here ruined an FAL in such a manner? Think having to dedicate an entire room just for parts and assembling FAL's and varients has caused another fuse to pop.

jeffrey
June 06, 2017, 21:07
I took a $300 CenturyL1A1 on Imbel thumbhole, and it now looks just like that when she's wearing wood. Also have Maranyl furniture which I prefer. I even have the bayo for photo ops, as well. There's a dark spot on the bayonet blade that may or may not be blood from one of the battles this rifle may or may not have served in.

I will entertain offers near what that one sold for.:whistling: