PDA

View Full Version : L1A1 Pistol Grip

jdburke
June 13, 2002, 18:21
I need to tap the skills of those more knowledgeable than myself. Does anyone manufacturer a U.S. made pistol grip for an L1A1? (I haven't found one yet) And, has anyone tried to modify a Fal grip to accept the trigger guard and plunger assembly? Is it possible and/or practical? Thanks in advance. Any information will be helpful.

John

Arby
June 13, 2002, 19:10
Ironwood Designs makes a U.S. pistol grip for the L1A1, and I believe Dan at VOW had some awhile back, too.

If you are talking about adapting an inch trigger spring & plunger plate to a metric FAL grip, I don't think this is feasible or worth the effort. You would have to take the spring & plunger bracket off the bottom of the metric lower receiver, and then mount the plunger in the FAL grip. I am not looking at the collection of parts now (too lazy to go and dig them out), but your proposed modification might also entail knocking out the stud on the metric lower in order to clear the spring & plunger plate.

If you are looking to improve the FAL trigger pull, there are easier ways of going about it. HTH.

Bloodless
June 13, 2002, 19:48
Falcon makes them. Do a search on the internet to find their web address.

bykerhd
June 13, 2002, 19:49
Another option would be to swap over to a metric lower receiver.
Then you can use any metric grip you want. You can use your taller sight on a metric lower but many other parts won't work. Best bet would be a complete lower from somebody like TAPCO or Gunthings. More trigger options too.
Just a thought.