PDA

View Full Version : What do I have and what is it worth?(test)

PBR Streetgang
May 17, 2017, 14:07
Please let me know if you can see the pics and what you think about the rifle.

Century built L1A1 with FMAP receiver?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h3rsa22teadnlg3/AAAD13fMvxS21j-GRsZtxOIna?dl=0

308/223shooter
May 17, 2017, 14:19
Yep, that's what it looks like.

D. Lehrman
May 17, 2017, 18:41
Maybe, maybe not. I'd say someone other than Century put the weapon together. It's using one of the SAC Latta import receivers not one of the early Argentines that Century used in their neutered thumbhole construction....likely too much money involved there for Century to be the father/mother. The receivers were available for an extended period and their history mostly known. By the time they were around in number Century had already moved on and beyond using imported receivers altogether. Bob Hesse receivers for a period immediately following the Imbels, and later, his nasty molds had been purchased and they were using the initial runs from Hesse with the molds, then after him whomever they farmed the casting and production out to (lord only knows). Even those cast receivers went through several iterations and all the variations were done really cheaply = the receiver you have would have made a prohibitive price point to sell them as cheaply as the did. I'd say perhaps some parts stripped from a Century gun involved, but other hands assembly on that specific receiver. The less Century was involved, perhaps the better for you as likelihood that parts have been ground to fit and some of their other hacks weren't incorporated.

Sorry for jambing this all together....I'm mobile at the moment on a wicked sucky device.