PDA

View Full Version : Any FAL builders in SW Michigan?

nouglyguns
June 13, 2002, 18:09
Looking for FALaholics near Battle Creek, Mi. and/or dealer to do transfers. Thanks.

CW
June 13, 2002, 18:46
Im kind of near BC in Sunfield. (1/2 north?) Just got my first parts kit so I dont know much about building it but I know some poeple that can help and some dealers

kc8kk
June 13, 2002, 18:49
I have a kit that I haven't ordered a receiver for yet; I'm in Grand Rapids. I have a local gunsmith, works out of his home part time, said he'd order for $20.

CW
June 13, 2002, 19:20
Sounds like you have a great deal going. I work in Grand Rapids and it would be great to work on this rifle with somebody else. email me if we can get together some time

Dwalton
June 13, 2002, 21:32
I'm in K'Zoo

DJW

AR-45ACP
June 13, 2002, 21:40
I'm over here in SE MI Monroe to be exact. If you guys don't find someone closer I can build it.

flyer05
June 14, 2002, 07:43
Hi, I am in Ypsilanti MI near Ann Arbor. Happy to help anyone in the area. I have the blast and park setup. Just buy the solution and we'll have fun. Keggerator is located right next to the whole deal and is always full.

kc8kk
June 14, 2002, 19:53
Okay everybody, some people have been located. Others in the wings, now what?
Live thread, live!

nouglyguns
June 14, 2002, 22:14
I guess we need to try to get together & see what we have. Anybody interested can e-mail me at nouglyguns@attbi.com or bob@nouglyguns.com and I'll see if I can arrange something. Maybe some of us can meet at the gun show in Mason July 5 - 7 or something.

Burner
June 14, 2002, 23:02
I should be back in state at that time and I think meeting at the show would be fun. If I can find it. It's not my neck of the woods.
Send me directions, pick a day and I'll try my best to be there.
Bill. :D

DrDremel
June 15, 2002, 14:41
Im in Mt. Clemens, Not exactly your side of the state but it sounds like we need a Michigan Build party. I have a Steel reciever wrench, go,no-go and field guages and sizing rods, if someone has a barrel vice and a park tank we could have all the makings of a good time. If anybody does this, let me know in advance so I can order another reciever.

kc8kk
June 15, 2002, 15:51
Could be we're rollin' here. Now if we can get a dealer to bring some receivers to the show at good prices... I'm looking for an Imbel NGL myself...

nouglyguns
June 15, 2002, 16:20
I met a dealer in Alibon & had him order a Saiga for me this A.M. Charges $20. Getting him to order me a Gear logo when I go pick the Saiga up.
Seems that between us we have all the tools & a park tank set up available.
Anyone interested, the show is July 5 - 7 at the fairgrounds in Mason, off 127 between Lansing & Jackson. Get off at Kipp Rd, go east & follow signs. It's just about a mile or so. I'll be going on Saturday. E-mail me if you would like to meet.
Bob

Dwalton
June 15, 2002, 19:49
Sounds like I'm game for the Mason show . I got the O.K. from the BOSS ( or is that BOSSY ? ).
I'm not ready to build my C2 yet ( still gathering parts ), but I'm good for MORAL SUPPORT ! :D And I do have a Frankenfal that I'd like refinished .
Maybe we should take this over to " Meetings and Events " to nail down the logistics ?

DJW

nouglyguns
June 16, 2002, 09:18
See "Mason Gun Show" in Meetings & Events please.
Bob