PDA

View Full Version : Metric rear sight on Inch lower?

3Gunnah
May 13, 2017, 21:10
Can I put a Metric rear sight on my Inch lower? This would be a less expensive temporary fix to the issues of having an inch rear sight and metric front half. This would give me time to find the rest of the parts I need, and still be able to enjoy the rifle for now.

sparkeyboaz
May 13, 2017, 21:22
The Metric rear sight should fit the dovetail the same as the Inch rear sight does. It's a good start to building it as one of the best Metric rifles anyway!
Sorry, just had to throw in a little more encouragement!
Sparkeyboaz

308/223shooter
May 13, 2017, 23:20
You do realize, that one spare part will turn into anouther rifle. :biggrin:

Hebrew Battle Rifle
May 13, 2017, 23:51
This would give me time to find the rest of the parts I need, and still be able to enjoy the rifle for now.

The rest of what parts? What are you building?

308/223shooter
May 13, 2017, 23:54

The next sibling to his first FAL?

3Gunnah
May 14, 2017, 06:57
You do realize, that one spare part will turn into anouther rifle. :biggrin:

Yes! I have been doing the M14 thing for quite some time as well as 1897 Winchester shotguns, and the 1903a3! I actually did own one FAL in the past, but sold it a couple years ago when I bought my Harley. That gun was a beautiful stg58 on a DSA LMT type 2 receiver. But I did nothing other than purchase it and shoot it, it did not need any work. Now that I've got a project I'm looking at all kinds of research and learning a ton about it. This is typically when you end up with all those "extra parts" that could grow into potential rifles.

3Gunnah
May 14, 2017, 07:00

I am working on correcting an L1A1 from Century Arms built on an Imbel receiver!