PDA

View Full Version : Loading trouble

Tazy
May 12, 2017, 17:55
Hello everyone , i'm new here , just got my first L1A1 , it has trouble loading the bullet into the chamber. The bullet get stuck right after it comes out of the magazine , looks like the magazine is not high enough in the rifle but it clicks in good. Someone had this issue before ? Thanks for any comments.

ActionYobbo
May 12, 2017, 18:30
unibrow?

OLDMANPBK
May 12, 2017, 18:54
Pictures and more details would help here. I'm not trying to make you look like an idiot here by asking this question but I have no idea what level of familiarity you have with the L1A1. Are you using inch magazines?

meltblown
May 12, 2017, 22:08
See PACO. He is in your AO.

Gyrae
May 15, 2017, 22:51
Just got access to this forums recently, but my upper receiver does the same thing.

Do you know who made the receiver?

Gyrae
May 16, 2017, 02:32
But anyways, best way to fix it is either file down the receiver so the bullets load much easier, or you can just drop the first round into the rifle and then put the magazine in.

The gas system is typically plenty of force to make sure the bullets get loaded. I've checked myself and I'm 100% positive you won't have a misfire where the bullet doesn't load into the barrel, but the bolt still hits the bullet. It's just not possible, assuming you had the same issue as me where the tip of the bullet gets jammed in between the bolt and the feeding part of the upper receiver.

However, if you're firing and the bullet doesn't go off, STOP and DO NOT pull the trigger again to troubleshoot it and try to release the bullet that's stuck.

Above all, be extremely careful. You probably won't have anything happen if you use simple gun safety rules, but it's not worth the chance to act careless.

ActionYobbo
May 16, 2017, 06:44
But anyways, best way to fix it is either file down the receiver so the bullets load much easier, or you can just drop the first round into the rifle and then put the magazine in.

The gas system is typically plenty of force to make sure the bullets get loaded. I've checked myself and I'm 100% positive you won't have a misfire where the bullet doesn't load into the barrel, but the bolt still hits the bullet. It's just not possible, assuming you had the same issue as me where the tip of the bullet gets jammed in between the bolt and the feeding part of the upper receiver.

However, if you're firing and the bullet doesn't go off, STOP and DO NOT pull the trigger again to troubleshoot it and try to release the bullet that's stuck.

Above all, be extremely careful. You probably won't have anything happen if you use simple gun safety rules, but it's not worth the chance to act careless.

you need to step back from the keyboard and learn about guns a bit before trying to give advise. This is the the biggest pile of tripe I have seen for a while

paco
May 16, 2017, 07:01
Tazy,

Do you shoot in Belgium? @Target 121?

If so, drop a PM and i'll have a look at the range.
I can bring in spare parts and some L1A1"s to swap parts.

Paco

Invictus77
May 16, 2017, 07:43

Quoted for posterity. Wow :facepalm:

jam762
May 16, 2017, 15:20
Is your magazine L1A1 or FAL?
Take paco up on his offer, he'll square you away.

Texgunner
May 16, 2017, 16:00
Quoted for posterity. Wow :facepalm:

Yeah buddy. :biggrin:

D. Lehrman
May 16, 2017, 19:00

What a maroon. Your long experience doesn't excuse; wait, long excuse doesn't experience; naw....well others will know what I mean. You simply aren't ready for "prime time" just yet. Put your files away and go to the quiet corner for a long timeout. A total of two posts and neither really of redeeming social value. I'm putting them both in the toilet.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/dlehrman/0%20-%20Test%20Pics/HomerToilet_zpsiwevgn5j.gif

Northwoods
May 16, 2017, 19:16
I blew up an FAL when the catridge did not chamber fully (1/4") out of chamber. The mag and ammo blew out. Good thing was I had full glass on my face. You have to be sure that your rifle is operating properly before you pull the trigger.

Gyrae
May 21, 2017, 09:31
you need to step back from the keyboard and learn about guns a bit before trying to give advise. This is the the biggest pile of tripe I have seen for a while

I mean, he could always buy a new upper... I was just telling him what to do if he didn't want to do that.

Texgunner
May 21, 2017, 09:54
I was just telling him what to do if he didn't want to do that.

No. Don't. Thanks.
:smile: