PDA

View Full Version : UMP clones

Bluespader
May 09, 2017, 21:38
Any opinions on ump clones?
all my searching shows that clones arent even being produced anymore. If this is not the case please point me in the right direction.

Seriously considering just buying an mp5 clone or going with an mpx but id really like a ump in 9.

pre1989
May 09, 2017, 22:38
The only UMP clones I know off are the the USC carbins that were converted and or conveted and SBR into UMP ..Other then maybe a few doing them from parts kits ...

If that is what you are asking then yes import of the USC and the the SL8 ceased a while back

No one elese is making them at this point other then HK ..

MP5 clones are plentfuily now though ...

Also look at the Evo guns way cheepper then the MPX or mp5 and a great shooter esp if you dont plan or need to run a full auto sear in a gun

AGG
May 10, 2017, 11:38
You can find a UMP builder on HKPRO!!! ;)

Tony

Bluespader
May 10, 2017, 20:32
The only UMP clones I know off are the the USC carbins that were converted and or conveted and SBR into UMP ..Other then maybe a few doing them from parts kits ...

If that is what you are asking then yes import of the USC and the the SL8 ceased a while back

No one elese is making them at this point other then HK ..

MP5 clones are plentfuily now though ...

Also look at the Evo guns way cheepper then the MPX or mp5 and a great shooter esp if you dont plan or need to run a full auto sear in a gun

Thats what I figured. I did see a company that at one point was producing clones but i think the quality was an issue. The only problem that ive found so far (I am not however a roller delayed expert in any sense) is no last round bolt hold open on mp5's. I understand there is a European school of thought here about reloading before empty (and possibly running tracers at the bottom of the mag) which im fine with however this means increased training for me and running mulitple systems will get a little confusing under stress. Also I dont know of many drop in mp5 triggers if there even are any.

As far as the evo is concerned im thinking about trying to trade an ar I have for one. I just think their ugly as sin, it really digs at me idk why I just don't particularly care for the way they look. I will however probably end up with one or 2 at some point.

Ps as far as finding a ump builder is concerned. im sure I can just trying to see if i could get one cheaper first.

pre1989
May 10, 2017, 22:16
Thats what I figured. I did see a company that at one point was producing clones but i think the quality was an issue. The only problem that ive found so far (I am not however a roller delayed expert in any sense) is no last round bolt hold open on mp5's. I understand there is a European school of thought here about reloading before empty (and possibly running tracers at the bottom of the mag) which im fine with however this means increased training for me and running mulitple systems will get a little confusing under stress. Also I dont know of many drop in mp5 triggers if there even are any.

As far as the evo is concerned im thinking about trying to trade an ar I have for one. I just think their ugly as sin, it really digs at me idk why I just don't particularly care for the way they look. I will however probably end up with one or 2 at some point.

Ps as far as finding a ump builder is concerned. im sure I can just trying to see if i could get one cheaper first.

Any of the converted HK guns ie the SL into G36 and the USC into UMP wont be cheep ..The parts or the conversion HK did a pretty good job of distanting them from the mil version ..

I have fired a EVO in full auto and it is a good gun with a good stock ..The only issue I have heard are the safty and the feed lips on the mags ..But they make different safty and now make steel lined mags

Hk triggers are pretty easy to swap back and forth why full auto HK trigger packs go for so much ... Not many "match grade " triggers though ..But they are making a binary trigger pack ./..

The lack of a last round BHO never really bother me on the HK ..Though yeah you got to train around it ....