PDA

View Full Version : SUIT value

litsnsirn
May 08, 2017, 21:54
Hi,
I have a SUIT that I have been holding onto hoping to get an inch pattern gun one day but I see the likelihood of that getting less and less as I age and as my family situation changes. I have no idea how much to ask for it and other than sticking it on on auction site, I was hoping to get soem help with a valuation. Tritium is long dead. Inch cover has the tabs, I bought it from someone here on the board many years ago and I don't know if it was refinished but other than storage, it basically looks unused to me. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
litsnsirn

http://imgur.com/M56fY4V.jpg

Imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/MWvXJ

Arby
May 08, 2017, 23:06
Yours looks like one of the refurbished SUITs sold here on the U.S. market some years ago (TAPCO was selling them for $250 about fifteen years or so ago). If everything is good with your SUIT I would guess that you could get $300 - $350 for it, given that it still has the inch tabs. It might even bring $400 if you are lucky. You'll probably get a few bites on it as a result of your post here. Good luck with your sale!

tatan
May 09, 2017, 09:02
Hi,
in the Europe, price is like 400-450 gbp and usually they look more worn than yours.

Trypcil
May 09, 2017, 09:20
I would say higher - 400 without the dust cover!

armed2012
May 09, 2017, 16:02
its worth 500 all day

Arby
May 09, 2017, 19:06
I would say higher - 400 without the dust cover!

its worth 500 all day

I wish I could agree with your assessments, as it would mean that my SUITS are worth more than I think that they are. But the proof, as they say, is in the pudding.

If you do a search on this site for SUITs advertised for sale that sold (and because they sold doesn't necessarily mean that they sold at the advertised price), you will find these prices:

$350
$375
$350
$315
$450
$400
$315
$300

A number of these had the original dustcover mounts with tabs intact. IIRC, all of them had OEM dustcover mounts save one, which had an aftermarket mount.

litsnsirn
May 09, 2017, 21:32
Does anyone know what it means that the tag doesn't have a reg no stamped on it?

Arby
May 09, 2017, 22:00
Does anyone know what it means that the tag doesn't have a reg no stamped on it?

Some of those tags are replacements. My guess (and it is just that) is that tags with no numbers were affixed to some of the refurbished SUITS. Some of the SUITs have numbers on the tags that match the number etched on the underside of the SUIT body. Some have numbers on the tags that don't match those etched numbers.

Kevin Adams is the only member here that I can think of that might have a more definitive answer. Hopefully he'll weigh in on this thread.

preston1026
May 09, 2017, 22:17
as stated above, i think 500 wth cover - don't cut the tabs

denny
May 09, 2017, 22:21
I remember buying a new one FOR $350.00 a few years back.
Denny

litsnsirn
May 09, 2017, 22:56
Some of those tags are replacements. My guess (and it is just that) is that tags with no numbers were affixed to some of the refurbished SUITS. Some of the SUITs have numbers on the tags that match the number etched on the underside of the SUIT body. Some have numbers on the tags that don't match those etched numbers.

Kevin Adams is the only member here that I can think of that might have a more definitive answer. Hopefully he'll weigh in on this thread.

I pulled it off the cover and I dont see any numbers under the scope.

Denny, was it from someone here? Because that number pops into my head.

JonnyP
May 10, 2017, 01:45
$356.87

That's the average based on the above 8. I'd say $375 is a reasonable price shipped.

D. Lehrman
May 10, 2017, 11:28
All these were refurbished before sale in the U.S. and during refurbish process new labeling applied, but more of a replica plate. They were refurbed by AVIMO Group, Ltd. but the company sold into a conglomerate/holding company way back about year 2000. Unserialed because they were never reissued...but many had electropencil serials from being issued in service more than one time. IIRC they were done for the Brits and by the time the job was complete the SA80 had become the issue weapon. They originally sold here for $315 to $350 in the late eighties/early nineties with the Tritium holder empty and unrecharged to suit import requirements.

I had several, and no problem selling them fast at the $450 price point a year or so back. The ones I had included the same battery illuminator the original seller was charging $25 additional for when they were first selling in the box. I had added the illuminators back when CRAPCO was closing them out at like $10 a pop.

Sorry, but I find them flawed in use and weak/easily damaged, mounts definitely unreliable unless very limited use and optic unmounted at every opportunity. Your mileage may vary, but I could quickly see why they were not well loved when in actual service usage. Sort of a "look great, less filling" kind of an affair.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/dlehrman/L2A2%20SUIT%20Set/DSCF5469A_zpsbb1352be.jpg