PDA

View Full Version : L1A1 PARA ON GUNBROKER

raexcct2
May 05, 2017, 23:28
Looks like there is an Adam762 short gas L1A1 para for sale on Gunbroker at a super inflated price.

This dealer is passing this off as a DSA factory gun. I sent him a message detailing what this rifle really is. I hate ripoff artists like this.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/643440991

Per the ad:

"Here is a beautiful DSA L1A1 Paratrooper rifle chambered in 7.62 NATO. This is just a stunning rifle with beautiful wood furniture and metal that is just as nice. This one was built by DSA on a original L1A1 kit so no cast commercial parts on this rifle. The receiver uses metric pattern magazines."

:facepalm::facepalm:

embatp
May 06, 2017, 00:11
While I agree, I believe dsa does offer build services...not that that's a good thing....

raexcct2
May 06, 2017, 00:48
While I agree, I believe dsa does offer build services...not that that's a good thing....

I agree but I had the issue with the "original L1A1 kit". While the parts came from an L1A1, that is NOT an original L1A1 parts kit by a longshot.

embatp
May 06, 2017, 01:30
True.....

hkshooter
May 06, 2017, 07:17
I read it and didn't feel like he was trying to pass on a fake. As said, DSA built can mean just that.
About the kit, they say it was built from an original L1A1 kit but he doesn't lead me to believe the whole rifle is L1A1. I mean don't we all start with an "original" kit and turn it into whatever we want?

The guy's prices are off the charts, though. See the L1A1 he listed? Crazy.

DakTo
May 06, 2017, 08:43
DSA could have least provided an inch receiver and then it might be worth closer to $3500.

jam762
May 06, 2017, 08:55
How about the Aussie/Brit on Aussie cut DSA for $4K?

sgt.stinky
May 06, 2017, 08:59
DSA could have least provided an inch receiver and then it might be worth closer to $3500.

But it comes with a bayonet ...

raubvogel
May 06, 2017, 09:46
If someone is willing to pay that much for it, who are we to say anything? If the seller leaves the rifle on GB for the rest of the year at that price and never gets sold, who are we not to laugh at that?

raexcct2
May 06, 2017, 10:43
I read it and didn't feel like he was trying to pass on a fake. As said, DSA built can mean just that.
About the kit, they say it was built from an original L1A1 kit but he doesn't lead me to believe the whole rifle is L1A1. I mean don't we all start with an "original" kit and turn it into whatever we want?

The guy's prices are off the charts, though. See the L1A1 he listed? Crazy.

I guess I am just too cynical after seeing so many blatant lies on Gunbroker auction descriptions.

hkshooter
May 06, 2017, 11:32
I guess I am just too cynical after seeing so many blatant lies on Gunbroker auction descriptions.

Don't blame you for feeling that way one bit. A little discernment is a healthy thing.

DakTo
May 06, 2017, 13:56
If someone is willing to pay that much for it, who are we to say anything? If the seller leaves the rifle on GB for the rest of the year at that price and never gets sold, who are we not to laugh at that?

What I would say is a fool and their money are soon parted and that is how scalping starts on everything else.
Some $99 parts kits have increased to $800+ over 25 years. Gold has not appreciated that much during the same time period.