PDA

View Full Version : AR values?

lew
May 04, 2017, 18:54
I know the market is in the craphouse since Shitlery didn't win (huzzah), but I'm half-heartedly kicking around the idea of offloading my ARs and putting the funds toward an XCR-L. This won't leave me high-and-dry, as I have plenty of FAL's to keep me company.

#1:
PSA MOE 16" mid-length chrome-lined 1:7 barrel, fixed front sight block, FDE MagPul MOE Furniture, FDE MOE rear sight, BCM Gunfighter charging handle, rattle can camo paint job.

PSA lower and LPK; BCM complete upper with 20" barrel and fixed front sight; MagPul OD furniture: MOE forend and PG, CTR stock; Troy fixed rear sight; BCM Gunfighter charging handle; rattle can camo paint job.

What can I reasonably expect out of these two?

Bertellione
May 04, 2017, 21:51
You'll get more if you part them out I think. The PSA mid length price depends on which barrel it is. I would be interested if it's the FN made barrel. I my self wouldn't be interested in any of the furniture or back up rear sights. I would be interested in the charge handles depending on sizes along with the BCM built upper. The problem with selling the custom built AR is you have to find some one who likes all the Legos you put together in your idea of a perfect AR. I think you will have a much better chance of getting what you want by selling your Legos seperately. I think you can sell the parts off pretty fast on the market place here fairly quickly if not going for new prices and you will get more than you would as a whole package in my opinion. Example for the PSA I would only offer what the value of the parts I would actually be interested in for a whole package which is not what you want from it I believe. Everyone who has the ability wants to put thier Legos together how they want them. All of your parts are good popular parts and will sell fast if seperated. Just my opinion and it usualy doesn't amount to much lol.

yellowhand
May 04, 2017, 22:04
Flat market, been seeing them go new for 410.00, one sold here for that I believe last week.
We still face possible really bad times.
So holding mine, even have picked up some 35.00 receivers, 70.00 complete BCG's and a few new 65.00 barrels.:uhoh:
Actually more than a few.:sad:
Hold when cheap and add to pile when cheap.:bow:

lew
May 05, 2017, 11:29
I'll hold on to the mid-length, but I have some food-for-thought on the 20".

yellowhand
May 05, 2017, 11:33
I'll hold on to the mid-length, but I have some food-for-thought on the 20".

A man in Phoenix really can't have too many firearms or ammo.:wink:

mikeuniform
May 05, 2017, 11:42
This should give you an idea of what's out there for sale.

http://phoenix.backpage.com/SportsEquipForSale/?keyword=ar15

lew
May 09, 2017, 11:44
A man in Phoenix really can't have too many firearms or ammo.:wink:

I need a 1911, so these funds will be put to good use. I can already arm and outfit a platoon, so I think I may have some breathing space.:biggrin:

This should give you an idea of what's out there for sale.

http://phoenix.backpage.com/SportsEquipForSale/?keyword=ar15

I always forget to check out Backpage. Thanks for the reminder.

yellowhand
May 09, 2017, 13:22
I need a 1911, so these funds will be put to good use. I can already arm and outfit a platoon, so I think I may have some breathing space.:biggrin:

I always forget to check out Backpage. Thanks for the reminder.

Ya looking for a 1911 or just a 45acp hand gun?

Got several 1911's, great weapons.

But picked up a Glock 21, ugly as sin, :rofl: like all Glocks, but thing works great out of the box.

Seen police trade in's going for 350.00 or so and surplus mags for 12 or 13, damn hard to beat.

And you being where you are, might need the extra capacity.:eek::biggrin:

AGG
May 10, 2017, 11:41
The market is saturated with AR's--- cheap prices for cheap builds--- check Completed Auctions on GB for an idea on sold values!!! :)

Tony

ftierson
May 10, 2017, 13:33
I just picked up a 16in mid-length SS Freedom upper from PSA, complete with their premium bolt carrier group and CH, shipped, for $250.

The same item without the BCG and CH is running about $160 shipped.

Anderson stripped lowers are again in the $35 to $40 range.

In my opinion, now is definitely NOT the time to sell your AR stuff...

Forrest

W.E.G.
May 10, 2017, 13:49
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/memes/9A99C069-95A7-4165-828F-DECDDBF7E479_zpscrlihaxk.jpg

lew
May 10, 2017, 16:46
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/memes/9A99C069-95A7-4165-828F-DECDDBF7E479_zpscrlihaxk.jpg

Gottdamned Loch Ness Monstah!

Ya looking for a 1911 or just a 45acp hand gun?

1911, specifically. I already have a Glock 19 and a Hi Power for carry. I'd like one 1911 that's as historically accurate as possible (without paying historical prices) for my French para kit, and then one as carry gun (capacity be damned) /range toy.

gates
May 10, 2017, 20:55
Heh... was in Bear Arms today, they have a para 249 and stocked 249 and an RPD sitting on the shelves - can't bring myself to buy a beltfed semi no matter how cool they look - that and the $10,000 price tag for the para 249. The RPD was only $2300 but I'd buy another SCAR before i'd buy the RPD - they would look cool on display though.

yellowhand
May 10, 2017, 22:55
Gottdamned Loch Ness Monstah!

1911, specifically. I already have a Glock 19 and a Hi Power for carry. I'd like one 1911 that's as historically accurate as possible (without paying historical prices) for my French para kit, and then one as carry gun (capacity be damned) /range toy.

They show up here on the border from time to time, original GI's, will keep me eye open for ya.
It how I added to my collection of GI 1911's.

SAFN49
May 15, 2017, 11:54
Some of the cheap AR's are now under $400 wholesale.

pre1989
May 15, 2017, 12:03
You wont got much of anything for them ..The online AR I see any moment on are the very early SP1 colts and maybe some of the rarer early pre ban Colts from the 70-80 ..Even they are going down in price ..

Hang onto them and see what happens ..Esp something like a PSA it wont move for much

My local FFL wont even take AR in to sale as they market is flat and what he has is not selling

lew
May 17, 2017, 12:18
They show up here on the border from time to time, original GI's, will keep me eye open for ya.
It how I added to my collection of GI 1911's.

Appreciated. Thanks, mate!

Invictus77
May 17, 2017, 14:40
Columbia
Colombia. Sorry, it is a pet peeve of mine after living/working there for two years. Anyway, back on topic....

IMHO, the S&W MP15 is one of the best built and most resalable entry level ARs due to brand recognition, etc.

I truly anticipate seeing them retail by mid-summer at the $399 price point.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KiGuMRnbzG8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

munchoman
May 17, 2017, 15:26
http://emt.brownells.com/z08W28x0000Z01xdZaz0V00

DPMS FIREARM PANTHER 5.56 ORACLE A3 16" RIFLE

$374.99 after mail-in-rebate

code May for free shipping

W.E.G.
May 17, 2017, 15:55
I've got one that shoots real good.

Better than I can hold.

I'm gonna shoot it every day for the next four days.

Just because I can.

Priceless.

If I break it, I got spare parts enough to fix it, and its looking like I aint never gonna run out of ammo unless I just do several days worth of non-stop mag dumps. And I've done that before. It gets tiresome after about an hour.

Looks like the weather's gonna test us the first two days.
Them boys in the blue camo gonna be hurtin.
I'll be wearing my usual summertime Joe Shit the Ragman outfit.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2yyo07l.jpg

yellowhand
May 17, 2017, 16:10
[QUOTE=Invictus77;4422814]Colombia. Sorry, it is a pet peeve of mine after living/working there for two years. Anyway, back on topic....

IMHO, the S&W MP15 is one of the best built and most resalable entry level ARs due to brand recognition, etc.

I truly anticipate seeing them retail by mid-summer at the $399 price point.

What do you seeing them in say two years from now when the election for potus starts up in earnest?

And knowing we all have to go through this election process so soon again, ugh!:facepalm:

Invictus77
May 17, 2017, 16:30
What do you seeing them in say two years from now when the election for potus starts up in earnest?

My crystal ball is a bit murky on details, but if someone had a half dozen (or more) $399 S&W ARs tucked away in the closet, I would expect that person will see a pretty nice ROI during the next election cycle :whistling:

W.E.G.
May 17, 2017, 17:08
My crystal ball is a bit murky on details, but if someone had a half dozen (or more) $399 S&W ARs tucked away in the closet, I would expect that person will see a pretty nice ROI during the next election cycle :whistling:

Somewhat.

Nobody thought Ozero was going to win in 2008. Moreover, the Klintoon AWB had only recently expired. Inventories were low.

In the meantime, manufacturers have been cranking that stuff out around the clock. Prices have been way down. People who might have hesitated at the four-figure prices for AR's during the "aughts" are balls-deep in $400 AR's now. If you already own ten AR's, are you REALLY going to buy more (at panic prices) when the next crop of douchebags sashay to the podium?

You'll still have to spend your IRREPLACEABLE TIME, writing ad copy, posting pics, dealing with auctions, packing guns for somebody else, lugging that shit to the post office, and paying significant shipping costs.

And don't forget having to store them until a "good time for selling" comes around.

So you buy a half dozen $400 AR's and sell them each for $800.
$2400 you're into it.

$50 minimum for proper packing materials and shipping costs.
Probably closer to $100 -- at least it has been for me, because it seems everybody who buys a rifle from me lives on the other side of the damn continent.
We'll say $75 on average.

Then there's your time.
A helluva lot more of it than you will care to admit.
I say a minimum of four hours per rifle.
We'll use $15/hr - which is silly-low hourly time value for most folks who have $2400 to drop on gun-reselling speculation, but we'll use that number.

So, $2400 initial investment
Plus $75 x 6 = $600 shipping
Plus $15 x 4 x6 = $360 for your time

Dont forget the Gunbroker fee: about $125 total on $4800 sales.

And we're not even putting a $$$ number on the intangible of just having those things in the way for however long it takes until crescendo-day shows up - if it ever does.

You "double your money" (ha-ha) on those AR's selling them at $800 a pop.
You gross $4800.

Minus your costs $4800 - $600 - $360 - $125 = $3715

So, your net on that whole ordeal is $3714 - $2400 = $1315.

$1315 is your profit on that.
Assuming that NOTHING goes sideways along the way.

BTDT

Tired of the bullshit.

Invictus77
May 17, 2017, 17:42
You gross $4800.

WEG, I agree with your logic if we were talking about how to invest your 401K or how to make the most money from Gonebroker. That was not what I was talking about. Not a bad ROI for a hobby :)

yellowhand
May 17, 2017, 18:23
Somewhat.

Nobody thought Ozero was going to win in 2008. Moreover, the Klintoon AWB had only recently expired. Inventories were low.

In the meantime, manufacturers have been cranking that stuff out around the clock. Prices have been way down. People who might have hesitated at the four-figure prices for AR's during the "aughts" are balls-deep in $400 AR's now. If you already own ten AR's, are you REALLY going to buy more (at panic prices) when the next crop of douchebags sashay to the podium?

You'll still have to spend your IRREPLACEABLE TIME, writing ad copy, posting pics, dealing with auctions, packing guns for somebody else, lugging that shit to the post office, and paying significant shipping costs.

And don't forget having to store them until a "good time for selling" comes around.

So you buy a half dozen $400 AR's and sell them each for $800.
$2400 you're into it.

$50 minimum for proper packing materials and shipping costs.
Probably closer to $100 -- at least it has been for me, because it seems everybody who buys a rifle from me lives on the other side of the damn continent.
We'll say $75 on average.

Then there's your time.
A helluva lot more of it than you will care to admit.
I say a minimum of four hours per rifle.
We'll use $15/hr - which is silly-low hourly time value for most folks who have $2400 to drop on gun-reselling speculation, but we'll use that number.

So, $2400 initial investment
Plus $75 x 6 = $600 shipping
Plus $15 x 4 x6 = $360 for your time

Dont forget the Gunbroker fee: about $125 total on $4800 sales.

And we're not even putting a $$$ number on the intangible of just having those things in the way for however long it takes until crescendo-day shows up - if it ever does.

You "double your money" (ha-ha) on those AR's selling them at $800 a pop.
You gross $4800.

Assuming that NOTHING goes sideways along the way.

BTDT

Tired of the bullshit.

Gary, ya make a lot of assumptions above, how they are sold, costs, etc.

I watched half a dozen AR's change hands locally for cash without any of the above cost last time people went nuts, for three or four times what the dang things were going for a year or two earlier.

Suspect, that's how most folks sell, local, for profit on stuff they had purchased earlier when prices goes nuts.

And ya, might not be kosher for people to do that, but like you, tired of the BS, in that people do this often on a local basis.

W.E.G.
May 17, 2017, 19:18
I predict we won't see AR guns going for "three or four times" their original price again in our lifetime.

2x original (adjusted for inflation - which will likely be significant, and concurrent when the next panic comes around) will be as far as it goes.

yellowhand
May 17, 2017, 19:27
I predict we won't see AR guns going for "three or four times" their original price again in our lifetime.

2x original (adjusted for inflation - which will likely be significant, and concurrent when the next panic comes around) will be as far as it goes.

Been working wood most all day, off and on, just checked the news.:sad:

Seems like everyone is lined up against Trump, a special prosecutor, or special something, appointed to check out the Russian Trump thing, RINO's running for cover or activity siding with Dim wits, tha deep state people doing everything in their power to bring this president down and out, we might see a bump up in prices long before anyone expected.:uhoh:

Saw this and posted on another thread, but this ain't good!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/house-majority-leader-to-colleagues-in-2016-i-think-putin-pays-trump/2017/05/17/515f6f8a-3aff-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html?utm_term=.beb3ae3d268e