PDA

View Full Version : CAI L1A1 sporter info needed

3Gunnah
May 02, 2017, 12:31
I just picked up this Century Arms L1A1 from a local shop. It has an Imbel receiver, I have no idea who makes the lower (UB60-A80348) is the number on the lower. It has a Steyr barrel with what I think are original threads on the end which appears to be as new, other than the slight amount of finish wear from a stupid $20 clamp-on bipod somebody clamped to the barrel. It has wood handguards, a wood grip and wood buttstock that appear to be in good shape with no cracks or major dents or dings. It has an unknown railed top cover that I will be replacing as soon as I can find out what type of cover I need. Other than the fact I am having to hunt down inch mags everything else seems to be fine it fired 20 rounds flawlessly with good accuracy and the brass that comes out looks excellent no backing out primers, no excessive stretching and the necks look great as well. Can you guys give me a rough idea of value? I know it's hard to do without actually seeing the gun ( I can not post pics ) but just a ballpark would be fine.
Thanks

308/223shooter
May 02, 2017, 13:05
Without pics, it'a git tough to determine. Does the barrel have any proofs on it under the hand guards? What type threads are on the muzzle, let hand or right? Is the mag well cut for. Fugg it, email pics to me and I'll post them tonight.
PM sent.

hagar
May 02, 2017, 13:19
UB = BSA.

Make sure your rifle uses inch mags, most Centuries used metric (even in L1A1 configuration).

Value around $900. Parted out you may get $600 for the receiver.

3Gunnah
May 02, 2017, 13:31
UB = BSA.

Make sure your rifle uses inch mags, most Centuries used metric (even in L1A1 configuration).

Value around $900. Parted out you may get $600 for the receiver.

It definitely uses inch pattern magazines it came with one and it fits great. The metric mags I got from a buddy are way to loose to work reliably!

3Gunnah
May 02, 2017, 13:36
Without pics, it'a git tough to determine. Does the barrel have any proofs on it under the hand guards? What type threads are on the muzzle, let hand or right? Is the mag well cut for. Fugg it, email pics to me and I'll post them tonight.
PM sent.

Markings on barrel BH (backwards 3) STEYR in a little target 7.62x51 stlf3 and what looks like a proof mark of some sort. Barrel threads are left hand. And the magwell is inch pattern cut.

jam762
May 02, 2017, 18:44
It sounds like you have a STG BBL on a Century with Brit lower. You have the beginning of two nice weapons.