PDA

View Full Version : AR10 Question

rowjimmy
April 28, 2017, 12:46
Would a PSA Gen 2 upper work with an Alexandria Pro Fab lower?

How would it compare accuracy wise to the pro-fab upper?

HankC
April 28, 2017, 13:33
I suppose you ask because of the $450 shipped complete upper deal earlier this week and the $399 shipped NRA deal in email today! just keep resisting, it will be $299 by Memorial Day Weekend!

W.E.G.
April 28, 2017, 13:35
PSA .308 uppers work ONLY on PSA .308 lowers.

No mix-and-match.

W.E.G.
April 28, 2017, 13:42
If you want to start building any half-breed .308 guns with PSA parts:
https://www.google.com/search?q=psa+compatible+dpms

rowjimmy
April 28, 2017, 17:16
I suppose you ask because of the $450 shipped complete upper deal earlier this week and the $399 shipped NRA deal in email today! just keep resisting, it will be $299 by Memorial Day Weekend!

Yes

PSA .308 uppers work ONLY on PSA .308 lowers.

No mix-and-match.

Thanks WEG, that's what I thought I'd been told before.

hueyville
April 28, 2017, 18:25
Dropped a White Oak Armament full AR 10 upper on a Palmetto lower but it was a test piece from the back room. Fit like a dream. Side charging handle added, can still charge from top if wish and shoots like a bolt action. The lower just keeps the trigger and magazine from falling out. Oh, it holds the stock on, they must have used a Palmetto upper as start to the build. Shame they abandoned the AR 10 which in itself is a clue. Of course I like being close when someone decides to drop a product or close up shop, turn into a vulture and start picking the meat before only bones left. Why fool with a rifle that has no stamdard. Like trying to work on an FAL... inch, metric, izzy, Aussie, Brit, every country in the world has taken a stab at building the darn things. Proof that with a big enough hammer can make anything work. Haas rep is coming to visit in a couple weeks, considering another CNC machining center since suck at manual machining. Get someone to render the code once then just swap the parts when finished for another blank.

Albatross52
April 28, 2017, 20:13
Would a PSA Gen 2 upper work with an Alexandria Pro Fab lower?

How would it compare accuracy wise to the pro-fab upper?

Just a lil FYI. Before buying anything PSA in 7.62/.308 do some review research. I'm not going to get into a long drawn out story, it will just piss me off thinking about it again, but I bought a new PSA PA-10, sent it back twice, still would not cycle. Bought a cheap DPMS barrel and Aero BCG and sold it as soon as I got it to cycle properly. 3 things that really chap my ass are dead battery, flat tire and getting a new gun I have too work on...lol.... RESEARCH They are cheap for a reason...

CTW
April 29, 2017, 09:08
I built a .308 on Aero's M5 upper and lower and used their bolt carrier group as well. I also used their rifle receiver extension. I installed a JP enterprises adjustable gas block and my gun run's like a champ. I got a great deal on the upper, lower and bcg as a package from Primary arms a while back. I used a Rainier arms 18" match barrel and the gun is very accurate. I was ringing the steel plate with it at 400 yards with FN surplus on a regular basis. I would also advise against the PSA PA-10. I have not had any personal experience with it, but others I know have said quality is hit and miss.