PDA

View Full Version : Valuation on inch stuff...

richbug
April 25, 2017, 07:34
Helping a friends widow move some of his things. Problem is he was a little bit odd, and thought Inch stuff was the way to go. I know some about Metric... not so much on Inch, just enough to get in trouble. Some may end up on the marketplace here, but would rather not give the stuff away, or have it languish for months.

A) 20 round Inch mags?

B) 30 round straight inch mag?

C) 30 round L4 curved mag?

D) L1A1 Kit on a Entreprise ABNI marked inch receiver, plastic furniture, nice bore, some honest wear, Dan would probably call it a grade 2?

E) Mutt, R1 kit on Imbel type 3 with inch magwell and folding charging handle cuts, Lots of paint on stocks, metal finish very worn, great bore for an R1

F) L1A1 kit looks complete, very good bore, Dan would probably call it a grade 2

PvtJoker
April 25, 2017, 10:30
Helping a friends widow move some of his things. Problem is he was a little bit odd, and thought Inch stuff was the way to go. I know some about Metric... not so much on Inch, just enough to get in trouble. Some may end up on the marketplace here, but would rather not give the stuff away, or have it languish for months.

A) 20 round Inch mags?

D) L1A1 Kit on a Entreprise ABNI marked inch receiver, plastic furniture, nice bore, some honest wear, Dan would probably call it a grade 2?

E) Mutt, R1 kit on Imbel type 3 with inch magwell and folding charging handle cuts, Lots of paint on stocks, metal finish very worn, great bore for an R1

F) L1A1 kit looks complete, very good bore, Dan would probably call it a grade 2

Depending on what you decide on them, I might be interested in the inch mags. But since I may have an interest in buying them, it wouldn't be fair for me to suggest a valuation on them to you for her. Would you have any interest in trading them on some Checkmate M1A mags?

richbug
April 25, 2017, 11:46
Depending on what you decide on them, I might be interested in the inch mags. But since I may have an interest in buying them, it wouldn't be fair for me to suggest a valuation on them to you for her. Would you have any interest in trading them on some Checkmate M1A mags?

No interest in a trade. I have too much stuff, she has too much stuff. Shoot me a reasonable offer in a PM. Motivated seller, but will know if I'm being insulted. I think there are 40+ ranging from nearly new to well worn.

richbug
April 25, 2017, 16:29
I have had a couple parties privately message me with market value. I expect to have this first round of stuff on the marketplace as soon as I have some free time.

raexcct2
April 25, 2017, 18:47
I have had a couple parties privately message me with market value. I expect to have this first round of stuff on the marketplace as soon as I have some free time.

Do a Google search to get a good estimate of fair market value. Do not let anyone lowball you. You have good stuff there especially the inch mags and the L1A1 on the Entreprise ABNI marked receiver.

If I had the money, I would buy the R1 mutt on inch receiver.

jtscuba02
April 25, 2017, 18:53

A) 20 round Inch mags?

Is the L1A1 kit Brit or Aussie?

richbug
April 25, 2017, 19:38
All Brit I think. I have the front end at the computer with an Enfield 64.

The FAL stuff doesn't begin to touch the collection. Just what I thought I could give her an educated assessment of and market best for her.

rpk74dr
April 26, 2017, 00:13
all of the true inch pattern magazines I would be interested if the other member passes, as I am a fan of the L1A1.

the rifle as well if it had been built correctly and no damage done during the build.