PDA

View Full Version : Century L1A1 receiver

Conagher
April 19, 2017, 14:28
Are the Century L1A1 Inch cut receivers with serial numbers that start with ICL supposed to be early Dan Coonan receivers?

If so, are they okay receivers? I know they are not Imbel or DSA Inch cut receivers, but I just want to know more about them and how much finesse it usually takes to make an ICL marked receiver function properly.

AGG
April 19, 2017, 15:05
Should be inch pattern--- I have seen ICL00365- ICL01326--- I cannot speak to your other questions!!! :)

Tony

embatp
April 19, 2017, 15:22
I had one.....got rid of it.....cut for inch charging handle....can't remember if it was cut for the inch dust cover....I seem to remember it fit metric mags better than inch mags.....inch mags were SUPER tight.....so there was the magwell issue and others......the time and cost involved to make it right justified another receiver....

Conagher
April 19, 2017, 15:24
The receivers are numbered 00593 - 00572

4markk
April 19, 2017, 15:48
It was my early assumption that they were made by FAC (Coonan aka DCI, did make the receivers for FAC). But, after more analysis it appears that these were probably not made by FAC or Coonan. So the conclusion is they came from one of the many nameless machine shops that Century used.

They are an advance project that can't be made "correct" but usable.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361192

DakTo
April 19, 2017, 18:06
In the event you are speaking of the 6 which are currently sitting on GB the side lightening cuts are too wide and on one side the cut enters the locking shoulder dog leg recess.
The charging rail appears to be cut a little short and perhaps the knob will still close. Also they should have rounded the front of the receiver under the rail cut verses leaving it squared off.
Either the photos or the finish on the receivers are terrible.

Conagher
April 19, 2017, 18:40
I saw those and was just curious as to how much work it was going to be to make one work. I'll just have save up my pennies and get a DSA Brit Inch Receiver.