PDA

View Full Version : Hotchkiss 9mm Magazines....

K. Funk
April 15, 2017, 08:44
I fell into some Hotchkiss 9mm SMG magazines, I am thinking they are for the Universal SMG which was a unique folding SMG. Any idea on worth?

Thanks,

krf

Artful
April 15, 2017, 21:37
Not seeing a lot of these but am seeing gun parts kits

anyway
https://www.gunauction.com/buy/3018996
$75

yovinny
April 15, 2017, 21:58
Havent seen a universal kit in years, but there was one a year ago at the creek.
One mag, priced a crazy 1500. Iirc
Extra mags were never very cheap or easly available...but what demand would be today, i havent a clue.

Riversidesports
April 16, 2017, 17:28
Havent seen a universal kit in years, but there was one a year ago at the creek.
One mag, priced a crazy 1500. Iirc
Extra mags were never very cheap or easly available...but what demand would be today, i havent a clue.

Actually magazines were real cheap for many years as there were minimal guns and they were not adaptable to other guns.
Back through the 90s they were $5.00, less in bulk.

A ton did come in
until recently SARCO and Ohio Ordinance had them around the $20.00 mark

yovinny
April 17, 2017, 08:42
Actually magazines were real cheap for many years as there were minimal guns and they were not adaptable to other guns.
Back through the 90s they were $5.00, less in bulk.

A ton did come in
until recently SARCO and Ohio Ordinance had them around the $20.00 mark

If you say so...I got 2 kits from SARCO in like maybe 90'.
At that time, no extra mags were available and it took me a few years and a couple of trips there to finally find them in stock and get a half dozen....Did you actually buy some at that time or your just going off sgn adds ?

Riversidesports
April 17, 2017, 10:19
If you say so...I got 2 kits from SARCO in like maybe 90'.
At that time, no extra mags were available and it took me a few years and a couple of trips there to finally find them in stock and get a half dozen....Did you actually buy some at that time or your just going off sgn adds ?

Bought quite a number
Back in roughly 95' we picked up 100...seem to recall the tab was like $450 odd dollars delivered.
Bear in mind new in the wrap M3 mags were just three bucks wholesale, new STEN mags were able to be had roughly $125.00 for a 100 in that pre WWW timeframe.

Never bothered with SARCO as you can't ever trust them to deliver viable product. I'd wager OOW still has them, they only vanished when when they put up the new site which poorly reflects actual inventory.

Dan Shea had a huge pile of them as well as spares leftover from the many partial kits when he ran LMO. All that went to one party maybe 2009 ? Someone is sitting on that mess

Virtually all the Universal material came out of north Africa, most had been rode extremely hard. Many of the mags were basically rusty trash, another reason they sold very cheaply.

More recently third party vendor/speculators started buying them up sticking them on GunJoker as kits are retarded money.

anyways the main vendors were LMO and OOW, before them ARMEX.
We bought our kits from ARMEX when they were like $50 apiece
The mags came in with the kits, yeah very early on but no one seemed to bother offering them for quite a period. There really not many complete kits imported and scant few transferables, just a handful that came back from Vietnam. Not even many posties really even though ARMEX offered them

yovinny
April 17, 2017, 10:36
Interesting,,,The 2 kits and mags I got from SARCO were in very nice condition. Only showing very minor wear and most all original finish,though pretty thin..