PDA

View Full Version : Buyers Beware Rant!

Gazz
April 14, 2017, 13:03
Earlier this year, somebody posted on the files about a great deal on .45ACP ammo. The stuff was being marketed by an outfit called Gearhog but shipped from the actual vendor. I took advantage of the offer but found that they overcharged me by $8.00. Not a lot of money but still, my money! I emailed them right away to let them know I was overcharged and expected to get a credit applied to my card. I received an automated response that they had received my query and would be resolving it soon. Weeks went by and nothing was ever heard from them. I emailed again and nothing. I called the actual ammo seller and they told me yeah, I was overcharged by Gearhog. Not getting any satisfaction from GH, I called my bank and they gave me the credit but not without a fair amount of bitching.
Recently I received an offer from GH for a Vortex scope. While I'll never buy from them again, a friend did and when he got the scope, it was NOT the one pictured in the offer. The text description was correct but the pictured item was not. He emailed GH and got the same automated response but no actual reply or satisfaction.
So if you get any offers from them, consider that there will be something not right about it and they will do nothing to correct it. They just have your money and to bad for you.
Rant off.

hardheaded
April 14, 2017, 13:39
Thanks for the tip
This thread ought to be a sticky

Embargo on

madmax_fal
April 15, 2017, 18:19
Thx for the heads up!
I think thread would be best in the "reviews" sub forum here.

martin35
April 16, 2017, 04:46
This thread reminds me of a very old woman I once knew down in Papalotte Texas who sold the favors of her many virgin niece's and who charged me $5for the dilapidated screen door a bunch of drunken sailors tossed me thru,,,