PDA

View Full Version : Admin Please

Gungnir1
April 11, 2017, 14:19
I know this is probably not the right place to ask, but is there an admin that can possibly PM me asap?

W.E.G.
April 11, 2017, 15:38
What you need?

limeyinaz
April 11, 2017, 17:10
What you need?

One Bourbon, One Scotch.......and One Beer

meltblown
April 11, 2017, 17:35
One Bourbon, One Scotch.......and One Beer

When I drink, I drink alone.

2barearms
April 11, 2017, 18:49
When I drink, I drink alone.

When I drink alone I prefer to be by myself.....ijs

limeyinaz
April 11, 2017, 19:11
Look man........................

You guys have the wrong song :facepalm:

Pluribus
April 11, 2017, 19:13
What you need?

Flat bellied, big busted, long legged, blue eyed blonde babe.

The rest'a y'all airhn't thinkin' right.

Invictus77
April 11, 2017, 19:14
Ever' body funny, now you funny too.....

mutter
April 11, 2017, 19:14
Flat bellied, big busted, long legged, blue eyed blonde babe.

The rest'a y'all airhn't thinkin' right.

Stay away from my dream wife! scum.

W.E.G.
April 11, 2017, 19:15
<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:75.0%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b8Z4SFc3uho?ecver=2" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

maxaks
April 11, 2017, 19:17
she was all lovey dovey

meltblown
April 11, 2017, 19:24
Look man........................

You guys have the wrong song :facepalm:

Same artist. Wow you can't drive outside the lines

tdb59
April 11, 2017, 19:29
You talk too much.

I can't believe the things that you say !

:beer:

limeyinaz
April 11, 2017, 20:03
Same artist. Wow you can't drive outside the lines

I'm outside ya know

(hopefully WEG can help the OP out, while the rest of us wander in the dark with Ambrose)

12v71
April 11, 2017, 20:34
You talk too much.

I can't believe the things that you say !

:beer:

I have to live with her. :D

Arby
April 11, 2017, 20:37
The Scotch came first with Amos Milburn in 1953.
John Lee Hooker took the Bourbon first a bit later on.
Thorogood combined Hooker's version with Hooker's "John L's House Rent Boogie" (1950) for his rip-off rocker.

So what about the OP's concerns?

Nobody gives a shit?

Just curious.

12v71
April 11, 2017, 20:44
The Scotch came first with Amos Milburn in 1953.
John Lee Hooker took the Bourbon first a bit later on.
Thorogood combined Hooker's version with Hooker's "John L's House Rent Boogie" (1950) for his rip-off rocker.

Nobody gives a shit?

Just curious.

OP wanted a PM.

Invictus77
April 11, 2017, 20:46

Nobody gives a shit?

Just curious.

I do. Got a PM. I replied. I would not do what he did. Hopefully all is good.

My two cents.

yellowhand
April 11, 2017, 20:54
My old lady is PM, but she's gotten a few miles on her.
Post Menopausal for the less brilliant here!:rofl:
That pre P and big M was kinda rough at times.
Needed my :tinfoilhat: to protect the old noggin more than a few times.
Hard times, or not,:uhoh: but I survived it.:wink:
PM is like the energizer bunny though.:rofl:
So all's good.

New guy, wonder what he needs, a drink, an old woman, a new dog, lost his cat???:confused:

chino*74
April 11, 2017, 21:00
Son U gonna drive me to drinkin if U don't stop drivin that hot rod Lincoln...oops I mean

hot.....rod.....Lincoln.

Arby
April 11, 2017, 21:03
Hopefully all is good..

My sentiments, too.

G3isMe
April 11, 2017, 21:04
.....New guy, wonder what he needs, a drink, an old woman, a new dog, lost his cat???:confused:

Krinkle Kut Kaper perhaps?

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413360

Arby
April 11, 2017, 21:13

That sheds some light on the matter. Thanks, G3.

pistolero1911
April 11, 2017, 21:15
Move over little dog, a mean old dog is movin' in...

yellowhand
April 11, 2017, 21:23

Saw that.
Went down today, did not see anything wrong with it on surface.
But I don;t see too good anymore, so what do I know?;)
Tha plot do thicken a bit though.:D

Near Sighted Sniper
April 11, 2017, 21:29
Ever' body funny, now you funny too.....

Best line of the thread!!

limeyinaz
April 11, 2017, 21:32

Weren't too hard to suss out. OP only has 4 posts.

G3isMe
April 11, 2017, 21:34
Weren't too hard to suss out. OP only has 4 posts.

LOL, yeah. And there was this as the lead off...

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4404729#post4404729

mp
April 11, 2017, 21:49
LOL, yeah. And there was this as the lead off...

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4404729#post4404729

And it was about $400 under current market value. Too good to be true usually means scam.

SPEEDGUNNER
April 11, 2017, 21:53
Son U gonna drive me to drinkin if U don't stop drivin that hot rod Lincoln...oops I mean

hot.....rod.....Lincoln.

Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen got nothing on Johnny Bond:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZu5TwRbYiA

I have the 45...

Enjoy

Gungnir1
April 12, 2017, 06:48
sorry for the late response

so i was on the marketplace yesterday morning. i saw a AKs74U kit on there for $900 so i pm'ed user warmshadow and offered $700. he replied right away with "that sounds like a fair offer" he emailed me pictures. the kit looked great! all numbers matching, all the parts looked new! i looked up kits on GB and saw them at around $1400. that raised some red flags. later the seller sent me his name and address for the money order. I emailed him asking if he could call me so we can talk about the kit before I drop the MO in the mail. Ignored my first request for him to call me so i asked him again. he replies with "you can ask me all the questions you want via email, Im at work now but ill call you when Im off since you insist..." I googled his name and Address that he provided. what i found out surprised me. turned out a person with the same first and last name AND middle initial that lives in the same small town in Iowa had been in and out of jail for theft. as resent as 2 years ago. It even had his mugshot and a police report.
He hasn't called or emailed me back yet.
Im not really sure what to do, this is my first experience on the marketplace. I hate to just accuse someone as a scammer. any advice is appreciated

-Michael

maxaks
April 12, 2017, 06:56
where at? he didnt respond when I asked where he was located

:WTF:

rbgonoles
April 12, 2017, 06:59
With what you provided plus a lack of communication and $700 at stake, I wouldn't be sending any money without some significant reassurances.

meltblown
April 12, 2017, 07:00
Is this the guy who posted a NF scope for 1/2 price and had another item that I can't remember that was too low as well?

Gungnir1
April 12, 2017, 07:11
his name is Clyde N Voorhees, he lives in Iowa City, IA and below is a link to a mugshot

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Illinois/Winnebago-County-IL/Clyde-N-Voorhees.56750803.html

this is pretty sketchy...

hkshooter
April 12, 2017, 07:35
his name is Clyde N Voorhees, he lives in Iowa City, IA and below is a link to a mugshot

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Illinois/Winnebago-County-IL/Clyde-N-Voorhees.56750803.html

this is pretty sketchy...

Sketchy, hell. I'd tell him point blank I don't trust him and he's been reported to the police, complete with a "Good Day." Don't send this dirt bag anything and communicate with him no more.

I imagine GP will soon be along to berate you for backing out of a deal on pure speculation and unverified information but ignore it. It's your money and personally I wouldn't feel any less of you. Even new guys need some slack.

Texgunner
April 12, 2017, 07:37
Model citizen. Keep your money.

vmtz
April 12, 2017, 09:14
I'd say send the money and see what happens.

Now if it was my money, I wouldn't send it. But since it is yours, well? I'm willing to gamble.

Vince

maxaks
April 12, 2017, 09:35
everyone in Iowa City is sketchy lots of looser liberals

yellowhand
April 12, 2017, 13:19
Sketchy, hell. I'd tell him point blank I don't trust him and he's been reported to the police, complete with a "Good Day." Don't send this dirt bag anything and communicate with him no more.

I imagine GP will soon be along to berate you for backing out of a deal on pure speculation and unverified information but ignore it. It's your money and personally I wouldn't feel any less of you. Even new guys need some slack.

Two exact people in that town with exact same name, father and son possible??
Sins of the father should never be placed upon the child, however, a whole lot of open discussion needs to take place with safe guards for the buyer before this proceeds.
Like the seller sending the goods to a trusted third party, inspect, then buyer sending funds to third party to complete the transaction.
Who ever is in that mug shot sure made his mama proud of him, not!:facepalm:

easttex
April 12, 2017, 14:31
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder516/500x/35623516.jpg

JAB75
April 12, 2017, 15:24
everyone in Iowa City is sketchy lots of looser liberals

The University of Iowa, Iowa City has some very nice coeds... So they have that going for them!

-JAB75

sjohnson
April 12, 2017, 15:28
The University of Iowa, Iowa City has some very nice coeds... So they have that going for them!

-JAB75
Back in the 70's my brother lived there. He and his buddy made a bet on who could bed the most coeds in a week. My brother lost 11 to 7, but did "win" a case of the clap..:facepalm:

yellowhand
April 12, 2017, 15:54
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder516/500x/35623516.jpg

Shit, hang around, it will get worst!:biggrin:

G3isMe
April 12, 2017, 19:45
...Im not really sure what to do, this is my first experience on the marketplace. I hate to just accuse someone as a scammer. any advice is appreciated

-Michael

Ask him to send the kit and upon receipt.....then you will send him the money. There is no rule that the buyer has to put up the money first. You can also ask him to take a photo of the kit lying on top of today's local paper.....At that would assure you he has the kit. If it was me, no way would I send him the cash first.

Gungnir1
April 12, 2017, 22:02
That's a good idea! I'll email him right now. If he says no then I know there way probably never a kit to begin with... what a shame

I'd like to say thanks to everyone that chimed in and gave advice! I'm new to this community but have been reading lots of very helpful post on my first FAL build. This truly is a great forum!

Thanks!

ftierson
April 12, 2017, 22:24
That's a good idea! I'll email him right now. If he says no then I know there way probably never a kit to begin with... what a shame

I'd like to say thanks to everyone that chimed in and gave advice! I'm new to this community but have been reading lots of very helpful post on my first FAL build. This truly is a great forum!

Thanks!

And, inadvertently, you're learned a lot about some member's early 'love lives...' :)

Forrest

2barearms
April 17, 2017, 09:16

Thanks!

Over the last 17 years I've noticed a trend in buying gun parts online. If it's
an AK, Uzi or HK gun part there is a scam around every corner. It doesn't mean that AR and Fal people are exempt but those 3 seem to have a high
probability.

hardheaded
April 17, 2017, 13:17
This right here is the reason to review the feedback join date and member participation before buying something
It's a damm shame it has to be this way

It's easy to get sucked in
I almost bought a knock down AR 15 from Detroit on ebuy
He kept assuring me a FFL wasn't needed

hueyville
April 17, 2017, 17:26
Have monthly subscription to a private company that provides instant background checks via Android App. $9.99 per month, enter name and home town will get tons of information. Most anything folks think is private and only cops can get is floating around internet and this app finds it fast.