PDA

View Full Version : Should I adopt a mutt?

rarecat
April 10, 2017, 12:36
Stopped in a pawn shop I've never visited before and they had a sad mixed up FAL for sale. It was a CAI Hesse 4 digit serial number receiver, an chopped STG barrel w/no flash hider but it did have the bipod and the rest appeared to be British (including the wood furniture). It had a sand cut bolt carrier, both the carrier and bolt had electro pencil serial numbers. none of the serial numbers matched.

Price tag was $500 but the guy said a fair offer would take it. He almost begged me to buy it.

Don't really need or want it but like the sad ugly puppy in the pound, it was calling to me.

I'm thinking if I get it for $300 or $350 it's worth that in parts alone...

What does the hive think? :fal:

easttex
April 10, 2017, 12:37
Sure. If it doesn't run, you can part it out and probably make your money back.

Capt D
April 11, 2017, 13:11
What do the proofs on the bottom of the lower and left side of the bolt look like?

Near Sighted Sniper
April 11, 2017, 13:15
If your top is $350 then offer him $300 & negotiate from there. I don't think it's worth more than that

rarecat
April 11, 2017, 13:26
What do the proofs on the bottom of the lower and left side of the bolt look like?

What I can remember was that is was an AD62 lower and the butt stock had 59 and an Up Arrow. The hand guards were wood with the round holes, Three per side on top and some below. I though about asking to take pictures but that much interest could have compromised my negotiating position.

I think I'll let some one else save it. PM me if you are in North Florida and would like to know where to get it

garandguy10
April 12, 2017, 07:07
Early Hesse FAL receivers were Imbel.....

W.E.G.
April 12, 2017, 07:13
It's range season.

Not acquire-somebody-else's-problem season.

abbynormal
April 19, 2017, 20:33
Early Hesse FAL receivers were Imbel.....

Got any info to back that up? The early CAI Canadian's were Imbel, I've NEVER heard that Hesse bought IMBELs, that they ONLY mfg receivers themselves.

On the other hand, My CAI Hesse receivered FAL, I'll match up beside anybody's. In nearly 20 years of use, the only problems I've ever had were mag related and then when the gun was hot after shooting 100 rounds!

C2A1
April 19, 2017, 20:46
I have a Hesse and it is an Imbel. Bought it from them new.

garandguy10
April 19, 2017, 21:26
Got any info to back that up? The early CAI Canadian's were Imbel, I've NEVER heard that Hesse bought IMBELs, that they ONLY mfg receivers themselves.

On the other hand, My CAI Hesse receivered FAL, I'll match up beside anybody's. In nearly 20 years of use, the only problems I've ever had were mag related and then when the gun was hot after shooting 100 rounds!

Yes, I had two early Hesse metric FALS, they both had Hesse marked Imbel receivers.

embatp
April 19, 2017, 22:46
I believe Hesse was the importer or builder....like century...pacific arms ...Entreprise etc....