June 12, 2002, 00:26
present! :D

Smiffo
June 12, 2002, 09:42
Count me in:)

Seth Livzz
June 12, 2002, 10:16
Count me in on whatever it is...

Are you planning a shoot or just getting a general consensus as to how many Hoosiers are on this board?

Don't be surprised if this topic gets moved to meetings and events.

762minigun
June 12, 2002, 18:32
just trying to figure out how many people are hoosiers im not puttin on a shoot but if we all end up at atturbury or crosley so be it

nrar15
June 12, 2002, 19:12
New to FAL'S really into AR'S just traded for my first FAL. If I can just get it to work.
LATER Bob:(

762minigun
June 12, 2002, 19:36
i've got 1 franken FAL so says EMDII:rolleyes: i'm a recovering AR-15 junkie but i think i have found a new addiction with the FAL i've always liked em but it was a toss up with the g3 i got the FAL instead :D

762minigun
June 12, 2002, 19:38
sorry, talk to us Bob !! whats wrong with it ??:eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:

NorthWoodsman
June 12, 2002, 21:35
Hello fellow Hoosiers. Oh how I miss Indiana. I spent the first 25 years of my life there. Attended ISU, VU and PU - then took a job on Long Island in New York - to all other Hoosiers - NEVER do this. No amount of money, in my opinion, is worth moving to Long Island for. My problems with Long Island living are too numerous to get into here. I just wanted to say Hi to the people of my homeland. Wish I could be there.

To all those into black powder - the National Muzzleloading Rifle Association is having its bi-annual shoot this week down in Friendship Indiana - a lot of fun if you like the muzzle loaders.

NorthWoodsman or Greg - formerly of Dillsboro IN.

762minigun
June 12, 2002, 22:11
I heard that the shoot is a blast 1 problem though . i don't dig on black powder i will go someday :cool: :p :)

Kilowatter
June 13, 2002, 01:00
Originally posted by nrar15
New to FAL'S really into AR'S just traded for my first FAL. If I can just get it to work.
LATER Bob:(

Hey Bob, what's up with your FAL? Maybe I can help you get it lined out. I live just down the river from you in Perrysville.

Mouse
June 13, 2002, 08:46
Present ;)

Kilowatter
June 13, 2002, 10:22
Originally posted by 762minigun
I heard that the shoot is a blast 1 problem though . i don't dig on black powder i will go someday :cool: :p :)

You ought to go see it 762. There's a lot more to it than the shoots. I went to it about 15 to 20 years ago. They had a huge flea market and lots of different activities going on. IIRC, the was a revolutionary war fife and drum marching band and re-enactments going on. The primitive camp ground was pretty cool. Everyone in there had to camp in teepees or lean-to's and dress in period clothing and they had blacksmithing, leather working, knife, tomahawk, and axe throwing demonstrations going on.
I have to admit though, that 300+ lb bald, fat guy in the (loose fitting) loincloth and moccassins was a pretty scary sight! :eek:

L1A1 shooter 1
June 13, 2002, 10:34
i shoot @ crosley time to time,,live in southeast IN...my mom's family is from dillsboro...Gordon........:cool:

nrar15
June 13, 2002, 20:34
Kilowatter and everyone else that has offerd to help THANKS .I have a centery sporter on an Imbel reciever having FTE problems.Dealer I traded with is checking to see if he can replace the rifle (centery) sllim to no chance .Will wate and see before I rip the thing apart and fix it any help much appeciated.
THANKS AGAIN Bob
:)
PS how do you get the gas tube off

762minigun
June 13, 2002, 20:40
i really enjoy crosley 200yard range lots of fun chasing holes i don't like atterbury as much as i did in the past there is a DNR guy keeping a watchful eye on you now also no full autos last tie i was there i got the shake down on what rifles i had if i had a carry permit alot of bulls@it so when a storm came in and everyone left i still shot and made him hang around till he had to shut down the range at the normal time + you can only shoot paper :( i really enjoy plinking:D

hkshooter
June 13, 2002, 21:16
Oh, yeah! Been waitin fo this post! Count me in!:D :D :D

Kilowatter
June 13, 2002, 23:53
Originally posted by nrar15
PS how do you get the gas tube off

Unscrew the tube nut on the receiver end, remove the indexing spring/wire from under the adjustment collar, unsrew the adjustment collar from the gas/sight block, remove the small cross pin that is under the adjustment collar, then unscew the gas tube.

falup
June 14, 2002, 22:15
Goin for a dozen.
Shot on the 1k yd range once,at atterbury.It's over 3hrs
from me.Freindship is a trip to the past,used to be a lot of period craft booths in operation as well as shows&authentic eats.
not to mention world champ black powder competition.Do they still do spring&summer?
we have a couple tac rifle matches we run like
IDPA every year up here. Just North of lafayette. hope to make
one soon. they usually are after an idpa match on sat or sun.
Anyway, Hope bob has better luck w/ century than anyone else i've heard of in Ind.

L1A1 shooter 1
June 14, 2002, 22:19
friendship is goin on right now;)

fluffdaddy
June 16, 2002, 13:15
present!!!!!!!!!!! i didnt think anyone was from indiana:)

falup
June 16, 2002, 21:51
tac match up here in white cty last wknd of june.
if i can make it it'll be a FAL & a CZ.
you'll need a couple hundred rounds for each& at least
3mags

762minigun
June 17, 2002, 01:45
white city?????????:confused:

kev
June 17, 2002, 17:35
Interested also. I'm in LaPorte. Spent 5 years back and forth to Purdue, so I know my way around :rolleyes: .

falup
June 17, 2002, 23:11
White county.take SR43 northerward from purdue/lafayette/
tippecanoe cty. look for a bunch of pole barns on the left/west
this road will be the road you turn east on. follow it over the railroad track to the end. turn left/north. goes down into a valley.
watch on the left for the drive/wildcat valley R&P Club sign/gate.
be carefull when turning& stopping when you go into the valley
cause localls drive too fast& hilly terrain leaves little time.
the gate will be open during matches. slowly follow the drive&park at the club house. usually have orientation/rule review
at 9:30 sharp. i'd say be there by 8:30or9. $10 fee.eye&ear protection mandantory. it's about 20mins from westlaf/laf/purdue.
i'll post again tommorrow. haven't heard yet if it's sat or sunday.
we do these 4 or five times a year.

falup
June 18, 2002, 21:53
match scheduled for sat june 29th.
if falers want to meet ahead of time could be arranged

falup
June 18, 2002, 22:43
if your coming from i65
from north get off at sr18,turn left(East) till you go into brookston
&turn south (right) on 43 to lafayette the road wil be about 1 1/4 miles south
from south-get off at 43north/231,turn right(north), &follow above directions.it is the 4th lafayette exit

phil in indy
June 19, 2002, 15:19
OK what are you guys up to now?

nrar15
June 27, 2002, 20:56
Thanks to everyone who emailed or posted to help me fix my century imble rifle.Think I have it fixed now ejects fine on #6 sealed gas tube with leak lock sealer,filed down the hammer and drilled the gas port to.120
THANKS MUCH Bob:eek:

falup
June 28, 2002, 23:32
it's open to the shooting public. just loaded 7mags&put em in the
SA radiomans vest. have 6 loaded mags for the cz.
Randy,ever do the" movin on match" at Jim R's place in
Winamac?

falup
June 29, 2002, 17:27
i was 1st out of match. just got home. they spent some on
full size realistic targets,swingers, spring back targets.
halls, doors, differant position windows. no cars this time
plenty of hostages to shoot around.
got up to 99. good having the awnings on range& A/C in the club
house. there were 2 home built fals&my sar48. 1 .30carbine&
rest were ar's.
1 sig, several CZ's, couple of para ord,a taurus,glocks&various
1911 clones.