PDA

View Full Version : Favorite G43 Carry?

easttex
April 09, 2017, 17:08
Hello all,

After putting it off for years, and having recently moved to a large city, I decided I needed an everyday carry gun and bought a G43. I am now faced with the somewhat daunting task of figuring out how to carry it comfortably in a concealed manner. This is sort of out of my realm of expertise so I wanted to quiz you old hands for opinions.

What I'm thinking I'd want is probably a leather IWB holster that I can wear at the 3:00 - 4:30ish position, clip on the pants, and pull a belt over the clips to hide it. I'm right handed and around there is what feels natural.

I follow Steve Reichert on Facebook and he's had a lot of good things to say about AlienGear holsters. I'm thinking of buying something like this one here. (http://aliengearholsters.com/glock-43-iwb-holster.html) Does anyone have any thoughts to contrary or is there something else you'd recommend instead? And...are there any accessories (specific hooks, etc.) I need to contemplate when placing my order?

I'm also going to pin down a good range in Fort Worth, buy a lot of ammo, and try to wear out this pistol shooting it regularly as well. But I'd appreciate any carry feedback from anyone who regularly carries a G43 or similar automatic.

Thanks,

Jason

kotengu
April 09, 2017, 17:13
I carry a G43 when I'm not allowed to carry, so it must remain completely hidden in business casual dress. For me the best compromise I've found so far is a simple belly band. I tried the SmartCarry first, but it made my wife laugh and all the ladies at work seemed distracted all the time.

IWB just shows too much, no matter how I have tried to hide it.

When I'm allowed to carry I carry a G30 in either OWB or IWB, depending on the dress details and weather, so I have tried MANY IWB variations over the years.

gates
April 09, 2017, 22:02
I have a L.A.G. Tactical IWB kydex rig that works pretty well.

Falfan2017
April 10, 2017, 01:47
Alien gear works really well and is cost effective. I use one for a sig p228 so very heavy gun compared to a g43 and it's comfortable. One word of advice is to get a good rigid belt. They make dressy looking gun belts and you'd be surprised how big an affect a good gun belt has on your comfort.

Other option is a remora. No clips to hide just a sticky pouch that goes inside the waistband. I use that with a mp shield in the summer works great when it's harder to conceal something full size.

BiGB808
April 10, 2017, 10:44
I don't like the wetsuit material on alien gear

I use a crossbreed QuickClip and it is excellent. Becomes almost unoticabel to me when wearing. Typically 3/ 4 clock iwb.

Falcon
April 10, 2017, 15:53
I have the G43 and recommend the Fist 1 AK, it has thin kydex so it's not thick and bulky. Belt clip is so strong it could be used without a belt, if you had to.

http://www.fist-holsters.com/novoerfide/kydex/sampel-12h-159i-160l-167-3-192-224-225-detail.html