PDA

View Full Version : VZ58 Receiver Question

DubTap21
April 02, 2017, 00:28
I recently acquired a cherry VZ58 side folder parts kit. I'm really excited to get this build started, but I need some guidance on which receiver to go with. I'm starting to research on compliance parts, receivers and tools needed to complete the build. Do you guys have any recommendations on which receiver I should go with. I hope I didn't miss the boat on receivers......I haven't been able to find a single manufacturers of yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://i.imgur.com/iLjo0Ld.jpg

TXMoose
April 02, 2017, 07:58
Do us all a favor and reduce the size of the photo.

A simple google search reveals

https://www.cncwarrior.com/VZ58-Receiver-p/24394.htm

I was looking at the kit in the flea market earlier but with cost of the receive it just wasn't economical to build an oddball

swedishmauser
April 03, 2017, 00:17
CNC WArrior reportedly makes an excellent receiver but is out of stock currently. Ohio Rapid Fire ran out of receivers a few months ago and is apparently out of business (web site gone). HellBox Armory makes a receiver that you weld the stub of the original receiver to. Some say the one where the weld runs behind the front locking lug is unsafe as the firing forces place too high a stress on the weld. Cold Steel Solutions makes a receiver blank but I do not understand how it works and have not read any comments about their quality. Bone steel Arms makes compliance parts. Hopefully, others will be along to add their knowledge.

justashooter
April 03, 2017, 12:29
[QUOTE=swedishmauser;4400HellBox Armory makes a receiver that you weld the stub of the original receiver to. Some say the one where the weld runs behind the front locking lug is unsafe as the firing forces place too high a stress on the weld. Cold.[/QUOTE]

this design uses a tilting lug block lockup that locks into milled recesses in the receiver. as long as the welding is kept 6-10 mm behind the locking recess a good ER70-S weld will hold up to semi-automatic firing. clean well beveled gtaw or gmaw preferred by this certified weldor and welding inspector/engineer.