PDA

View Full Version : My G3K

Albatross52
March 28, 2017, 09:47
My G3Kn http://i.imgur.com/RWlqAzFl.jpg

BM59
March 28, 2017, 10:01
Nice and thanks for posting. I was about to put wood furniture on a PTR GI 16" of mine, after seeing how good it looks on yours I am definitely going to do it!

Albatross52
March 28, 2017, 10:46
Thats a custom set, I shortened the handguard to G3K/33K length, from both ends and drilled more holes ,for a factory look.Nice and thanks for posting. I was about to put wood furniture on a PTR GI 16" of mine, after seeing how good it looks on yours I am definitely going to do it!

randy762ak
March 28, 2017, 14:19
Beautiful job---Ill Bet It Blows Huge fireballs out the business end !:eek:

AGG
March 28, 2017, 14:43
Excellent K!!! :)

Tony

Albatross52
March 28, 2017, 20:06
Yeah it does, definitely disturbs the peace. It's a beast. Beautiful job---Ill Bet It Blows Huge fireballs out the business end !:eek:

hkshooter
March 28, 2017, 20:34
Nice looking rifle, love the wood.
I'm a fan of the appearance of the G3K, handy and just looks right. But I'm no fan of shooting them, the noise splits my head and I'm prone to headaches anyway.
I had an SAR8 that had the Gunplumber treatment with the abbreviated barrel, a pseudo K. Even that length of barrel was enough to make me wince with every shot and I couldn't hit dick with it. Give me an FAL and I owned the 200 yard gong but couldn't hit it with the HK to save my arse.

Tat2
March 29, 2017, 00:46
Niiiccccee!!

T

Albatross52
March 29, 2017, 16:52
I have 2 G3K's, both built from German G3 parts kits and RTG flats.I dressed one in wood (working on my wood charging and carry handles now), and one dressed in polymer. I'll post a pic of it too. Both are super accurate.The barrels are an even 13" The gunsmith that helped me with the builds,or should I say ,bitched , gripped, complained,preached at me, Is a barrel harmonics fanatic.Nice looking rifle, love the wood.
I'm a fan of the appearance of the G3K, handy and just looks right. But I'm no fan of shooting them, the noise splits my head and I'm prone to headaches anyway.
I had an SAR8 that had the Gunplumber treatment with the abbreviated barrel, a pseudo K. Even that length of barrel was enough to make me wince with every shot and I couldn't hit dick with it. Give me an FAL and I owned the 200 yard gong but couldn't hit it with the HK to save my arse.

hkshooter
March 29, 2017, 18:49
The gunsmith that helped me with the builds,or should I say ,bitched , gripped, complained,preached at me, Is a barrel harmonics fanatic.

This made me :rofl:.

I like your wood conversions and look forward to the 93 forearm we talked about. Need an MP5 version, too. I can send wood for that.

Albatross52
March 30, 2017, 00:42
Not a problem. here is the polymer gun. 775 lumen light attached w/cantilever rail drilled to match rivet holes, so I didn't have to butcher up my $200 HG. http://i.imgur.com/dirL9lMl.jpg

Albatross52
April 02, 2017, 22:23
Just finished my extended wood charging handle. After reshaping it a few times and milling grooves in it, I didn't like the placement of my pin, but was happy with the ash wood. I will be making more soon, only starting with an extended handle so I can position my pins where I want them, In the milled out groove.http://i.imgur.com/57ZsTMql.jpg