PDA

View Full Version : Ultimak or RS??

Tat2
March 22, 2017, 17:35
Hey all,

I am looking to put a T1 Aimpoint on an AK and I was looking for opinions from guys who have run either or (vs) the Ultimak gas tube system or the newer side mounted RS systems??

I really like how compact the Ultimak is on the gun, but I am concerned the Ultimak may be too far forward and the T1 look too small??

I like the idea of being able to more easily move the RS system to different rifles if needed, but it seems big and clunky??

Thanks for any input,

T

chino*74
March 22, 2017, 17:51
I use Ultimak. U can run the RD right up to in front of the rear site, proximal END of gas tube / rail if U like. If U want Ur RD closer U will have to run a top dust cover type or side mount.

Tat2
March 23, 2017, 00:58
I use Ultimak. U can run the RD right up to in front of the rear site, proximal END of gas tube / rail if U like. If U want Ur RD closer U will have to run a top dust cover type or side mount.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I guess the third option is a mount that replaces the rear sight like the Midwest Industries, but they seem fragile.

I have a new Ultimak so I might give it a try. Maybe buy some go fast ninja operator type gloves..... :rolleyes:

T

LVMPDawg
March 23, 2017, 02:36
You will be happy with the Ultimak/T1 setup.
The point of making the red dot smaller was for less obstruction and more situational awareness downrange. I got away from large red dots for that reason and won't go back.
My T1 sits at the end of the handguard, about the middle of the rail, using the original low mount, for a lower 1/3rd cowitness if needed.

This older thread shows both:
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4339754#post4339754

chino*74
March 23, 2017, 07:55
Ya I have heard those rear site replacement rail attachments R not so reliable. Ultimak has worked very good for me. Make sure U get the right one for Ur gas tube length etc., Ulitmak makes at least 3 different models in length I believe.

chino*74
March 23, 2017, 07:59
I have a spare standard length Ultimak here I am not using if U R interested. Ur's for cheaper than buying on line., never used it. p.m. me if interested. Oops NM just saw in Ur original post U had one in hand.

Tat2
March 24, 2017, 02:44
You will be happy with the Ultimak/T1 setup.
The point of making the red dot smaller was for less obstruction and more situational awareness downrange. I got away from large red dots for that reason and won't go back.
My T1 sits at the end of the handguard, about the middle of the rail, using the original low mount, for a lower 1/3rd cowitness if needed.

This older thread shows both:
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4339754#post4339754

Thanks for the link. I am gunna try it and if I like it put it on a ADM QD

T

Tat2
March 31, 2017, 01:13
I just ordered an MI side mount and I am gunna try the T1 on it and the Ultimak and report back....

T

gunplumber
April 05, 2017, 07:56
Ultimak.

http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/wp/ak/ak-family-01.jpg

I was going type in gibberish to mock Chino, but found I couldn't even pretend to write that badly.

chino*74
April 05, 2017, 08:52
Well GP I Do pretend to write that badly. ;)

gunplumber
April 05, 2017, 09:40
Well GP I Do pretend to write that badly. ;)

Well, like Ebonics, there is apparently now a translation guide, for us Neanderthals who still (generally) used complete words.

2moro Tomorrow
2nte Tonight
AEAP As Early as Possible
ALAP As Late as Possible
ASAP As Soon as Possible
ASL Age / Sex / Location?
B3 Blah, Blah, Blah
B4YKI Before You Know it
BFF Best Friends, Forever
BM&Y Between Me and You
BRB Be right Back
BRT Be right There
BTAM Be that as it May
C-P Sleepy
CTN Cannot talk now
CUS See You Soon
CWOT Complete Waste of Time
CYT See You Tomorrow
E123 Easy as 1, 2, 3
EM? Excuse Me?
EOD End of Day
F2F Face to Face
FC Fingers Crossed
FOAF Friend of a Friend
GR8 Great
HAK Hugs and Kisses
IDC I Don't Care
IDK I Don't Know
ILU / ILY I Love You
IMU I Miss You
IRL In Real Life
J/K Just Kidding
JC Just Checking
JTLYK Just to Let You Know
KFY Kiss for You
KMN Kill Me Now
KPC Keeping Parents Clueless
L8R Later
MoF Male or Female
MTFBWY May the Force be with You
MYOB Mind Your Own Business
N-A-Y-L In a While
NAZ Name, Address, ZIP
NC No Comment
NIMBY Not in my Backyard
NM Never Mind / Nothing Much
NP No Problem
NSFW Not Safe for Work
NTIM Not that it Matters
NVM Never Mind
OATUS On a totally Unrelated Subject
OIC Oh, I See
OMW On My Way
OTL Out to Lunch
OTP On the Phone
P911 Parent Alert
PAL Parents are Listening
PAW Parents are Watching
PIR Parent in Room
POS Parent over Shoulder
PROP(S) Proper Respect / Proper Recognition
QT Cutie
RN Right Now
RU Are You
SEP Someone else's Problem
SITD Still in the Dark
SLAP Sounds like a Plan
SMIM Send Me an Instant Message
SO Significant Other
TMI Too Much Information
UR Your / You are
W8 Wait
WB Welcome Back
WYCM Will You Call Me?
WYWH Wish You Were Here
XOXOXOX Hugs, Kisses, ...

I am starting to see where some of this comes from, as I have been struggling with the voice recognition software on my android. I don't know how "a freaking smock" becomes "African Smack", but it does make dictation interesting.

chino*74
April 05, 2017, 10:32
Ya that's good, some of those I am not familiar with. What drives me crazy is people of certain ethnicities that have a tendency to speak such words as 'asked' as 'axed' or my personal pet peeve when anyone says 'I smelt something' I usually respond with my standard 'smelting is a process for burning off the slag from molten metal' has nothing to do with one's olfactory sense', they usually just look at me like I am some sort of ass hat....oh well.

gunplumber
April 05, 2017, 15:17
Ya that's good, some of those I am not familiar with. What drives me crazy is people of certain ethnicities that have a tendency to speak such words as 'asked' as 'axed' or my personal pet peeve when anyone says 'I smelt something' I usually respond with my standard 'smelting is a process for burning off the slag from molten metal' has nothing to do with one's olfactory sense', they usually just look at me like I am some sort of ass hat....oh well.

I told a guy "the ketchup dispenser pump is malfunctioning" and he looked at me like I was from the moon. Said "Yo - ketchup be broke an shit!" And he immediately understood.

GF graduated law school and still says "acrost the street". I have given up trying to educate her on the absence of the letter "t" in "across".

slavicshooter
April 05, 2017, 16:04
http://writingexplained.org/smelled-or-smelt-difference
:eek:~ss