PDA

View Full Version : Century R1A1 receiver by Imbel help.

rekvehicle
June 11, 2002, 00:24
I bought a new Century R1A1 receiver made by Imbel for my metric FAL kit and and am having trouble screwing the barrel in by hand further than half way.The receiver is brand new and there are 2 spots in the barrel space that the threads are interrupted the full depth of the hole . Is this normal ?:confused:

jaybob
June 11, 2002, 01:29
Yes the thread interruptions in the reciever are normal. Make sure to closely examine and deburr the barrel threads. The two I have done screwed right in. What brand of kit is it? it's not an Izzy is it?

scout762
June 11, 2002, 07:51
As said before, the thread interruptions are normal. Probably the phosphate finish on the new receiver and a tight barrel. My Imbel barrel would not screw on to my Century R1A1 receiver either at first and I had to go to a wrench. After it was screwed on with the help of the wrench a couple of times it spins on by hand now. Mine timed at about 10:30 and needed a little shaving.

rekvehicle
June 11, 2002, 13:44
It was made in Itajuba, Brazil .Manufacture date year of 2001.I think I will have to shave the shoulder, Oh well.Bought some anti-sieze compound and am going to try it tonight.Thanks every body , ya`ll are a tremendous help to this newbie.:p

rekvehicle
June 11, 2002, 13:49
OOPs ! missed the kit brand question.I believe it is a Metric from info gathered from the board.Here is the link;http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40783