PDA

View Full Version : Buy the mags, get the BCG free...

rowjimmy
March 16, 2017, 17:07
Free shipping too. If I liked pmags, I'd jump on this.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-nitride-qpq-bolt-carrier-group-ten-magpul-pmag-30-ar-m4-gen-m2-moe-magazines.html?trk_msg=S0JO09HU6MQ4FEA4B20G4H1324&trk_contact=P3HM4MCPV453ASILPE90NVM4N4&trk_sid=QSD6P1046LQFU6CISGFFKP2K5K&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=http%3a%2f%2fpalmettostatearmory.com%2fps a-ar-15-nitride-qpq-bolt-carrier-group-ten-magpul-pmag-30-ar-m4-gen-m2-moe-magazines.html&utm_campaign=Daily+Deal+Email&utm_content=5%3a00+Email

TenTea
March 16, 2017, 18:15
Those Pmags are from the last generation and so uncool... :shades:

rowjimmy
March 16, 2017, 18:53
Those Pmags are from the last generation and so uncool... :shades:

I never claimed I was cool. Hell, I'm so uncool I buy aluminum mags. I look at them as a field replaceable unit and just carry extras.

hueyville
March 16, 2017, 20:29
Considering I don't like plastic magazines and if I did can get Pmags for $8.99 could buy locally, support an LGS and have change to buy the bolt. Since Palmetto began charging sales tax to Georgia customers plus shipping some deals are not as sweet. There are some good barrel buys though.

rowjimmy
March 16, 2017, 21:37
Considering I don't like plastic magazines and if I did can get Pmags for $8.99 could buy locally, support an LGS and have change to buy the bolt. Since Palmetto began charging sales tax to Georgia customers plus shipping some deals are not as sweet. There are some good barrel buys though.

Well, since free shipping and no sales tax in PA from PSA, and gen 2 pmags typically $10, that's like a BCG for $30 for me.

glad to know you're still getting some deals.

hueyville
March 16, 2017, 21:59
One LGS purchased a truck load of Pmags when started getting restocked after Sandy Hook period of empty shelves. Think he was anticipating another run. Now he has cases stacked to ceiling in all colors plus 40 rounders. Bought dozen Pmags a few years ago, put nine away in wrappers as investment and three into service as test units. Was playing with a SlideFire build and going to see how many rounds could dump before got too hot to handle. Build was on fluted H-Bar CHF melonite barrel. Used an oversize well vented free float handguard aND pUT verotica grip on for test. Had 660 rounds loaded in mags stacked on table. Figured would quit by then or need to.

Toward end of test one of the Pmags went in hot rifle and when last round went had gotten so hot feed lips didn't stop carrier and rather than lock bolt back after last round follower was pushed through top of magazine and bolt tried to chamber it. Trying to get that mess out of smoking hot rifle was a pain and took enough time my test kind of invalidated itself right there as rifle had over a full minute to cool off. While doubt will ever need to do a 600 round bump gun mag dump festival in real life, can see a really hot rifle getting a plastic mag shoved in and if left for a bit doing something similar. High heat and plastic generally are not friends.

Still finished up last 120 rounds to say had mag dumped 32 magazines back to back. None of my aluminum or stainless showed any problems with the heat. 75% of AR magazines have purchased last three years are stainless. Will buy aluminum if cheap enough but really like the stainless with chrome silicone springs, antitilt followers, microslick finish on inside as pretty much maintenance free and find on sale for $9.99 by the dozen or twenty count often. All of my 6.8 mags are stainless.