PDA

View Full Version : H&K 91 with a FMP bolt carrier?

Old Sarge
March 16, 2017, 08:25
Hi All
A standard 91 should have a H&K marked carrier, should it not? I found one that (from the pictures) looks like it has an FMP marked one. FMP if Portugal if I am correct? I can see an IB code on the bolt head, so I am thinking the carrier got swapped at some point.

So if a miss match what would you think its value would be? Finish looks good 95% by the sellers evaluation.

Thanks
Old Sarge

Klaus Von Richter
March 16, 2017, 09:27
A HK91 should definitely not have a FMP carrier. I would consider it to be worth a good bit less.

djfin
March 16, 2017, 10:48
Just buy an Hk carrier from HKPARTS or RTG. Make sure to check the bolt gap and you are good to go. As for as it being worth a whole lot less with the FMP carrier I would disagree. As the correct part is cheap and easy to replace it would not have a big impact on the price beyond the cost of the replacement part. And you could get some of that back by selling the FMP carrier.

HK556WI
March 16, 2017, 17:44
The carrier is more than likely a full auto carrier. Is there a slot milled in the back side on the left? If there is it is a semi auto carrier. If there is no slot full auto carrier and it is ok to be in your rifle. FMP is as good as factory HK. FMP is made in Portugal under license granted by HK.

BIG50
March 17, 2017, 08:51
If your fmp carrier is full auto then i might have an HK semi carrier to trade you out

stoicrabbit
March 17, 2017, 09:42
...As for as it being worth a whole lot less with the FMP carrier I would disagree. As the correct part is cheap and easy to replace it would not have a big impact on the price beyond the cost of the replacement part...

Is there not date code that needs to match for a collectible grade rifle?
To me a carrier of incorrect manufacturer, type (semi vs FA), or inconsistent date code would decrease value.

Klaus Von Richter
March 17, 2017, 10:44
To me a carrier of incorrect manufacturer, type (semi vs FA), or inconsistent date code would decrease value.

That is my logic. Everyone that buys HK91s are usually for collecting so a mismatch bolt carrier of another manufacturer would definitely decrease the value. If you are just buying as a shooter it doesn't matter, but if that's the case you might as well buy a PTR and save some money.

hkshooter
March 17, 2017, 11:26

No.
In any given legacy HK rifle you will find that not all the date codes match. The date codes are for the part, not the assembly. Sometimes they all match but not always.

stoicrabbit
March 17, 2017, 11:46
No.
In any given legacy HK rifle you will find that not all the date codes match. The date codes are for the part, not the assembly. Sometimes they all match but not always.

Agreed, consistent date then. There is not a part with a later date code than IB in my HK91. I would be suspect of the rifle's originality should I find a carrier dated significantly later than the receiver.