PDA

View Full Version : All things AR don't match up?

Sagerider
March 15, 2017, 22:46
So I got a nice new 18 inch barrel and ordered up a Rock River A2 upper. It showed up and today attached the barrel to said upper. After all together I went to put the Rock River standard hand guards on and they will not fit into the front hand guard cap, rats. I am thinking the round hand guard cap is for a cabine and it does fit up with carbine hand guards. So I ordered a new hand guard cap.
I had thought they were all the same, evidentially not. I could be wrong but these hand guards ain't going on this upper the way it is.

M90A1
March 16, 2017, 08:58
Show us a pic of the parts you're trying to get to work together.

MAINER
March 16, 2017, 10:19
Generally, Mid-length and Rifle hand guards use a triangle hand guard cap while the Carbine uses a round cap.

That is, GENERALLY, or most often, as in usually, ya understand. ;)

Guess it depends on who made the Hand guards.

Sagerider
March 16, 2017, 15:02
The hand guards are Rock River full length rife. My other Rock River fitted rifles have triangular caps but they are all full floated. I can only conclude that Rock River full length rifle hand guards are designed to be used with triangular hand guards.

I just took my retro triangular hand guards off my semi retro build and installed the Rock River hand guards and they fit perfectly. So, I guess they need a triangle cap not a round cap.

TenTea
March 16, 2017, 18:19
Yes.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3b/Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png

No.

http://www.redshift-live.com/binaries/asset/image/10027/image/The_bright_%22Dark_Side%22_of_the_Moon.jpg

Sagerider
March 17, 2017, 15:03
The visual example was very clever :)

Bertellione
March 21, 2017, 05:02
The A2 handgaurds are designed for both the circular and triangle. I just posted a question about dropping them and both guards flew off of both rifles with the triangle but I think they also made circular. Does the circle end cap hold them in better? Sorry for hijacking your thread.

TenTea
March 21, 2017, 08:06
The A2 handgaurds are designed for both the circular and triangle. I just posted a question about dropping them and both guards flew off of both rifles with the triangle but I think they also made circular. Does the circle end cap hold them in better? Sorry for hijacking your thread.

As MAINER said:

Generally, Mid-length and Rifle hand guards use a triangle hand guard cap while the Carbine uses a round cap.

That is, GENERALLY, or most often, as in usually, ya understand.

Guess it depends on who made the Hand guards.

I have found quite a bit of fitment variation with rifle length A2 handguards from different manufacturers.