March 15, 2017, 21:30
With free shipping....

http://www.surplusammo.com/24-hour-deal/?mc_cid=a3cacabeea&mc_eid=df8887ad52

yellowhand
March 15, 2017, 22:48
With free shipping....

Hell of a good price!
FFL dealer friend got a dealer flyer in last week, Anderson's stripped lowers for 35.00 each, ordered a pistol and with and without trigger guard rifle ones.
Like I needed 3 more AR lowers.:facepalm:
Living on the border, surprised ain't got that knock on the door yet.:D
But I have all I've purchased, so it would be a quick conversation.

Fn/form
March 15, 2017, 22:51
With free shipping....

My personal Anserson experience: Ended up more rhan tripling that investment to replace out of spec takedown pin/detent pin, gouged buffer and weak buffer spring. Rear takedown could not be budged without a hammer and punch. Also added trigger and decent furniture.

Should have purchased an LMT SOPMOD with 2 stage from the beginning.

yellowhand
March 15, 2017, 23:03
My personal Anserson experience: Ended up more rhan tripling that investment to replace out of spec takedown pin/detent pin, gouged buffer and weak buffer spring. Rear takedown could not be budged without a hammer and punch. Also added trigger and decent furniture.

Wow, never seen or heard that about these lowers, always had nothing but good luck with them.
Not everything is perfect, just ask my wife!:rofl:

Near Sighted Sniper
March 15, 2017, 23:51
Rear takedown could not be budged without a hammer and punch.

Same problem here with two of the 3 I bought, gonna stick with Spikes or similar quality for now on

rowjimmy
March 16, 2017, 09:50

Same problem here with two of the 3 I bought, gonna stick with Spikes or similar quality for now on

Are you guys claiming it's the lower or Anderson build kit? I would think their lowers are pretty consistent and I've built on them without issue using PSA parts. Did I just get lucky? Don't tell my wife ....

yellowhand
March 16, 2017, 14:00
Are you guys claiming it's the lower or Anderson build kit? I would think their lowers are pretty consistent and I've built on them without issue using PSA parts. Did I just get lucky? Don't tell my wife ....

Same here, they fit fine with psa uppers which I use now when helping friends get into AR's.

I've had to wail on/grind down mating surfaces on uppers that were out of spec, would not fit lowers, etc, but those issues were with the upper not the lowers.

Had a friend buy one of those expensive spikes, nothing on that thing went together easy.

I'm old enough to remember when most of these companies were selling so called MATCHED sets of uppers and lowers, ie, they were checked and would actually fit together, at least somewhat.:facepalm:

Folks complaining about Anderson's lowers today, would have had a heart attack if they were to go to war with tha GREAT Colt's back in the late sixties early 70's, those things were horrible, shit actually fell off of them, or they broke into pieces under stress, or just would not run at all.

Invictus77
March 16, 2017, 14:24
Personally I have never had an issue or even heard of an issue with Anderson lowers. I'm not saying you guys did not have problems with them, but it would be the exception rather than the rule me thinks.

hokey45
March 16, 2017, 15:31
The gun I just built has an Anderson upper and lower. No problems with fit.

Near Sighted Sniper
March 16, 2017, 18:18
I bought 3 of the "blemished" Anderson lowers a couple of years ago & have been sitting on them, then I bought 3 complete kits from Palmetto State on black Friday 2 were 16" kits & 1 was a 20" kit [they were GREAT deals], I built the 20" & 1 16" on the Anderson lowers I had squirreled away, both rear takedown pins needed a punch to be pushed out, I then built the last 16" kit on a Spikes Calico Jack lower that I was saving & the rear takedown pin needed only my finger to be pushed out. Out of all of the other lowers that I have built the takedown pins were never an issue. I am blaming the lower not the PSA parts, I'm a big fan of PSA. Until this issue I was the guy that said a lower is a lower is a lower. I would never over pay for a Noveske or Larue [back when you could buy them]. Now I'm just sticking with Spikes.

Honestly I don't think $89 is too much for a Spikes lower. It would be nice if all lowers were $39 or even just under $50 but that's not likely gonna happen.

rowjimmy
March 16, 2017, 18:52
I bought 3 of the "blemished" Anderson lowers a couple of years ago & have been sitting on them, then I bought 3 complete kits from Palmetto State on black Friday 2 were 16" kits & 1 was a 20" kit [they were GREAT deals], I built the 20" & 1 16" on the Anderson lowers I had squirreled away, both rear takedown pins needed a punch to be pushed out, I then built the last 16" kit on a Spikes Calico Jack lower that I was saving & the rear takedown pin needed only my finger to be pushed out. Out of all of the other lowers that I have built the takedown pins were never an issue. I am blaming the lower not the PSA parts, I'm a big fan of PSA. Until this issue I was the guy that said a lower is a lower is a lower. I would never over pay for a Noveske or Larue [back when you could buy them]. Now I'm just sticking with Spikes.

Honestly I don't think $89 is too much for a Spikes lower. It would be nice if all lowers were $39 or even just under $50 but that's not likely gonna happen.

That's interesting. The only time I ever had something like that happen was buying a complete Radical Firearms AR from Aim. You had to drive the front take down pin out with a punch. They too it back no questions asked.

since they were a "blem" do you think it was possible there was excess material deposited in the hole during anodization? (That's a word, right? :rofl:) I'm hard pressed to think it would be cast out of spec.

Their regular lowers (non-blem) are around $38 from Aim and PSA offers blem lowers for $50 or so. This is the first I've heard of a problem with them. I think the key word is "blem."

Near Sighted Sniper
March 16, 2017, 20:51
Honestly I don't know, but the blemished lowers aren't pretty on the outside. but I can live with that for $39.
Like I said I bought these probably in 2015 from either Classic or Centerfire, I forget which. Back when I bought them that price was unheard of so I jumped on the deal thinking even if they are out of spec I've spent $120 on dumber things.
No big deal though, I'm probably gonna spray paint them & beat the shit out of these AR's. I have about $440 into them each.

hueyville
March 16, 2017, 21:27
Hell of a good price!
FFL dealer friend got a dealer flyer in last week, Anderson's stripped lowers for 35.00 each, ordered a pistol and with and without trigger guard rifle ones.
Like I needed 3 more AR lowers.:facepalm:
Living on the border, surprised ain't got that knock on the door yet.:D
But I have all I've purchased, so it would be a quick conversation.

Purchased 60 matched uppers and lowers late 2015/early 2016 when manufacturer went bankrupt. Had been buying lots of blems direct and having shipped to my FFL. Manager called me and said had 48 hours to clear the warehouse and owner wanted to pull all cash could out before filed. If 60 AR's to one individual in single purchase didn't get a knock, must take something dumb. Ended up selling half to my LGS for what I paid for entire lot as still cheaper than his wholesale. He was way happy, I had 30 free receiver sets and only had to do 30 form 4473's that day. Registered six as pistols just in case.

Had ordered two to six sets at a time based on their weekly number of blems. Called every Thursday and took all had for that week, Cerakoted a lot of pink, yellow and green sets. Their blems had no manufacturing flaws, if didn't match Magpul and other furniture makers color samples almost perfect they put in blem pile. Too light, too heavy of a coat or failure to clean HVLP good between color changes and got a receiver. Sometime was three pink and green uppers with two FDE lowers or mix of six lowers with three mixed color uppers. Loaded two office safes with them. Can account for all of them, had to buy another vault to hold the builds. Soon as see under $50 lowers landed cost will start buying again.

yellowhand
March 16, 2017, 21:37
""If 60 AR's to one individual in single purchase didn't get a knock, must take something dumb."""

You're on hillbilly/redneck standard back there,:biggrin: here its taco specials, and a whole different world, like two BP check points to get to the post office and you can't spit without hitting a fed in the bushes.
Border country, is a whole nutter country.:facepalm:

rowjimmy
March 16, 2017, 21:50
Purchased 60 matched uppers and lowers late 2015/early 2016 when manufacturer went bankrupt. Had been buying lots of blems direct and having shipped to my FFL. Manager called me and said had 48 hours to clear the warehouse and owner wanted to pull all cash could out before filed. If 60 AR's to one individual in single purchase didn't get a knock, must take something dumb. Ended up selling half to my LGS for what I paid for entire lot as still cheaper than his wholesale. He was way happy, I had 30 free receiver sets and only had to do 30 form 4473's that day. Registered six as pistols just in case.

Had ordered two to six sets at a time based on their weekly number of blems. Called every Thursday and took all had for that week, Cerakoted a lot of pink, yellow and green sets. Their blems had no manufacturing flaws, if didn't match Magpul and other furniture makers color samples almost perfect they put in blem pile. Too light, too heavy of a coat or failure to clean HVLP good between color changes and got a receiver. Sometime was three pink and green uppers with two FDE lowers or mix of six lowers with three mixed color uppers. Loaded two office safes with them. Can account for all of them, had to buy another vault to hold the builds. Soon as see under $50 lowers landed cost will start buying again.

So, you don't need an 01 or 07 FFL to do all this? Interesting.

hueyville
March 16, 2017, 22:13
So, you don't need an 01 or 07 FFL to do all this? Interesting.

I said all were shipped to my FFL dealer... Reading comprehension 101. My LGS likes me, am a "part time employee" have copies of FFL, Federal I.D. number, sales tax number, business license and authority to open any account I want for store if make the minimum initial dealer purchase myself. All items shipped to store, logged in and then transferred to me. Gets him more vendors without investing in minimum stocking order. The post even said he purchased half the sets so I only filled out 30 4473's. How would I do a Form 4473 myself?

Opened two new accounts this year already, one of which he is going to stock some himself, other doesn't have interest so I have all the displays sent and considering selling out of my front reception room weekdays and my big truck at matches on weekends. It's a holster line so no big deal. Have a friend with a firearms accessories store. Sells everything you could want that doesn't require an FFL. Holsters, lots of 3-gun specific items and IDPA, uppers, barrels, furniture kits and more. Only have to be an FFL to sell firearms, not all the bling which is where most of the profit is. Guns just get people in the door to buy the bling.

Edit:
Have three businesses under my corporation. Building is zoned Highway Business & Office/Manufacturing. Have Federal I.D. number, collect/report/send in sales tax, have business licenses for retail and manufacturing. Came close to getting an FFL but people here convinced me was not worthwhile. Especially with new DDTC/ITAR rules. Don't want no part of that but like my Custom Chrome and Drag Specialties dealership status for motorcycle parts it's totally legit and legal. Have a bike on the lift right now looking for a buyer. Just not painted or engine as will let whoever buys decide on colors and engine options. When your self employed in volotile economy better be able to adapt and change directions as markets change or 2008 would have ruined me, Jimmy Carter administration would have taken out my dad had he not been doing three different things.

rowjimmy
March 17, 2017, 15:37
I said all were shipped to my FFL dealer... Reading comprehension 101. My LGS likes me, am a "part time employee" have copies of FFL, Federal I.D. number, sales tax number, business license and authority to open any account I want for store if make the minimum initial dealer purchase myself. All items shipped to store, logged in and then transferred to me. Gets him more vendors without investing in minimum stocking order. The post even said he purchased half the sets so I only filled out 30 4473's. How would I do a Form 4473 myself?

Opened two new accounts this year already, one of which he is going to stock some himself, other doesn't have interest so I have all the displays sent and considering selling out of my front reception room weekdays and my big truck at matches on weekends. It's a holster line so no big deal. Have a friend with a firearms accessories store. Sells everything you could want that doesn't require an FFL. Holsters, lots of 3-gun specific items and IDPA, uppers, barrels, furniture kits and more. Only have to be an FFL to sell firearms, not all the bling which is where most of the profit is. Guns just get people in the door to buy the bling.

Edit:
Have three businesses under my corporation. Building is zoned Highway Business & Office/Manufacturing. Have Federal I.D. number, collect/report/send in sales tax, have business licenses for retail and manufacturing. Came close to getting an FFL but people here convinced me was not worthwhile. Especially with new DDTC/ITAR rules. Don't want no part of that but like my Custom Chrome and Drag Specialties dealership status for motorcycle parts it's totally legit and legal. Have a bike on the lift right now looking for a buyer. Just not painted or engine as will let whoever buys decide on colors and engine options. When your self employed in volotile economy better be able to adapt and change directions as markets change or 2008 would have ruined me, Jimmy Carter administration would have taken out my dad had he not been doing three different things.

Did you make a profit from their resale or were they for personal use?

hueyville
March 18, 2017, 07:54
Did you make a profit from their resale or were they for personal use?

Not a single set I took from order was sold. Did have to buy a new vault to hold the builds and the unbuilt sets are in a medium sized safe where keep receivers stored. Have another safe with Bolt Carrier Groups, optics and other small valuable items. Troll clearance sales, discussion group marketplace's and take off parts bins at gun stores, gun shows and gun smiths. Have dozen or more rifles where other than the receiver set and BCG, every part came out of a take-off bin. Actually got a barrel (Smith 16" melonite), gas block, flash hider and factory trigger for free a couple weeks ago. LGS paid employees were running behind and went to gunsmith counter and did the parts swap on a customers rifle. He had messed it up bad trying to do himself and walked out door leaving his originals. Owner told me to take if I wanted thanking me for burning a half hour of my time while they were swamped.

Already on a 100% functioning rifle that not counting rear sight or optics have $20 in upper receiver, $5 in factory shielded handguards with front cap and slip ring assembly, $5 carbine g as tube and $5 in take off charging handle and $79 BCG. $114 upper receiver then built lower using a $20 billet blem matched receiver, free trigger group, $10 JP 3.5 Enhanced Reliability spring kit, $15 stock/buffer tube/spring/buffer, $3 pistol grip and ~$12 worth of spare parts from kit. So call it $50 for assemnled lower which left me with a $164 nice rifle, added a $29 rear sight and $75 Burris red dot from marketplace purchase and another complete rifle tested, sighted in, cleaned and oiled put in vault for $273 that will run with or out run most of the $500 Smith's, Bushmaster's, etc.

Last week received box from marketplace here paid $15 for two pistol grips, factory shielded carbine handguards and "F" front sight/gas block. Got a NIB Burris 3-9x V-Brite scope for $150, Nikon 2.5-10x 30mm tube 50mm objective for $120, Burris 1-4x for $110 and NIB Burris 4.5-14x at sale price plus birthday discount and rebate recently just to have optics for builds that will be rolling off bench as final pieces are found for builds. Am about three or four builds from another safe to store them. Finally recovering from big sell off first dance with cancer, thought wife's life would be simpler if I sold off guns before died. Lived to regret it and now if I die she knows who to call to handle entire estate and cut her a single check following local sales and Gunbroker auctions.

Nothing says I can't sell at some future date if choose but market is too low currently. Still have stacks of NIB SKS's and AK's purchased in late 1980's that have sold as market peaks. No, all of these are personal, by BATF standards have owned for over two years. Only AR's sold post Sandy Hook were two Colt SP1's purchased in late 80's and early 90's because people in communist states pay a premium. Both went through two FFL's to make sure papers were all clean, mine shipped to theirs. I dont even do in state FTF without a visit to LGS for buyer to fill out a 4473 and get background check. Go down to marketplace, watch kits sold then a few months later complete rifles from some of the buyers. Nothing says you can't sell a rifle you assembled without an FFL, just can't "engage in the business of" without it. I am not in the business.

armarsh
March 18, 2017, 08:59
...only had to do 30 form 4473's that day. Registered six as pistols just in case.

Next time just put the multiple s/n's on one 4473. That is completely legit and saves everyone work.

I've not had any trouble with Anderson lowers but I have put together only a few.

Fn/form
March 18, 2017, 10:24

The lower alone apppears to be fine, just replaced most of the lower parts except receiver extension, mag release assy, trigger guard. A simple function check/QC inspection would have shown the problems. Just super cheap, poorly machined/finished LPK. The buffer looked like it was used to hammer in the roll pins.

It was originally purchased as a spare. As always, gents, put them through their paces.

Bandy
March 18, 2017, 13:11

I work with a fellow whom was employed by Anderson not to long ago. He has stated numerous times that they (Anderson) sent out a massive number of out of spec parts and receivers due to someone not correctly calibrating thier brand new milling machines. Very likely thiers were part of this goof.

ByronF
March 18, 2017, 13:16
Built with a couple stripped Anderson lowers. They were fine. Chances are I used PSA lower parts kit but dont recall for sure.

yovinny
March 18, 2017, 14:06
I've bought a whole bunch of cheap Anderson 'blems' over the years.
Uppers, lowers, barrels, BC's and other things I cant remember now.
Worst thing I've ever found has been cosmetic finish defects.
Have yet to have a fit problem or any defective machining type issue with any of it...
And I'm not the luckiest guy around,,more like if they made one in 10 million bad, that would be the one I got....Just sayin :whistling:

yellowhand
March 18, 2017, 17:48
This discussion reminds me of the Glock/KCI mags thing that raises its head from time to time.

Seemed everyone in the world "KNEW" they were bad/junk/would not work, and 99% had never even held one, much less used them.:facepalm: because they'd heard, they were junk.:facepalm:

The early M16's a whole generation of us old people went to war with, were in fact junk compared to these Anderson and other modern AR parts.

If anyone wants 100% perfection, please marry my wife!:facepalm:
She's been home all week on spring break and has about broke my back.:D
Thank G-D she goes back to school Monday, but now she's planning to retire at end of this school year.
Now I got to go find me a full time job come end of this school year, damn, all good things come to an end!:D:wink:

hueyville
March 18, 2017, 19:03
Next time just put the multiple s/n's on one 4473. That is completely legit and saves everyone work.

I've not had any trouble with Anderson lowers but I have put together only a few.

Actually only had to fill out once, LGS 4473's are done at computer terminal and all serials added to the one.

hueyville
March 18, 2017, 19:12
(Trim)
If anyone wants 100% perfection, please marry my wife!:facepalm:
She's been home all week on spring break and has about broke my back.:D
Thank G-D she goes back to school Monday, but now she's planning to retire at end of this school year.
Now I got to go find me a full time job come end of this school year, damn, all good things come to an end!:D:wink:

God invented work so spouses don't kill each other. Docs and health forced wife to retire six years ago. All of my doctors have been telling me to retire longer. If I do, one of us has to die. Figure a month in will wake up with a fork stabbed in my eye. I love working. Even if relegated to wheelchair will go in to work and do what I can. May have to start gun smithing, electronics repair, outsourced CAD/CAM design and G-Code or any number of things but my goal is to be carried feet first out of my shop in a body bag. Friend of mine died at age 84 unloading a pallet of 80 pound concrete bags in August heat. Another died in his financial office at age 87. Have lots of toys at home but even more at work. Come hang out with me when wife retires, we can plot on taking over the world.

yellowhand
March 18, 2017, 19:20
:bow::bow::bow:

rowjimmy
March 18, 2017, 21:14
.... The post even said he purchased half the sets so I only filled out 30 4473's. How would I do a Form 4473 myself?

Actually only had to fill out once, LGS 4473's are done at computer terminal and all serials added to the one.

:? Reading comprehension 101 ...

hueyville
March 18, 2017, 21:27
Technically 30 serial numbers went through computer on one form. Now it's semantics, not comprehension.

Wil-C
May 11, 2017, 16:25

PSA ? Palmetto State Armory ?

If I have that assumption correct, how well have their products worked out for yourself? What have you used? Any upper assemblies?

I was looking at this:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-psa-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-8-stainless-steel-freedom-upper-no-bcg-or-charging-handle-7788890.html

Stainless std profile, it's a blem but cosmetic doesn't bother me in the least.
Mid length is a question as at some point I might like to add a rail but is mid-length an oddball & hard to find rails for? Mid length gas system seems to be a bit better than the carbine length......so I've heard.....

Any thoughts?

yellowhand
May 11, 2017, 18:27
PSA ? Palmetto State Armory ?

If I have that assumption correct, how well have their products worked out for yourself? What have you used? Any upper assemblies?

I was looking at this:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-psa-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-8-stainless-steel-freedom-upper-no-bcg-or-charging-handle-7788890.html

Stainless std profile, it's a blem but cosmetic doesn't bother me in the least.
Mid length is a question as at some point I might like to add a rail but is mid-length an oddball & hard to find rails for? Mid length gas system seems to be a bit better than the carbine length......so I've heard.....

Any thoughts?

Got one of these, works fine and for today only, on their daily deal flyer, its only 159.00!!!!

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-8-stainless-steel-freedom-upper-no-bcg-or-charging-handle.html?trk_msg=16FPA5ULBSUKJ75I12UCO7CT04&trk_contact=BM7VV0IGN4PPQ48UKHV0VMIK1G&trk_sid=NIHUAT8T2M699MEE51QT267I68&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=http%3a%2f%2fpalmettostatearmory.com%2fps a-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-8-stainless-steel-freedom-upper-no-bcg-or-charging-handle.html&utm_campaign=Daily+Deal+Email&utm_content=5%3a00+Email

hueyville
May 12, 2017, 08:08
Nine billet AR lowers at LGS, gotta get up there ASAP as some DSA stuff came in as well. AR lowers are getting silly cheap now. Can get cheap as $33 each if buy six-packs.

hueyville
May 12, 2017, 18:24
Went by LGS to do a trigger job on a Smith M&P 15. Used the factory trigger with JP 3.5 Enhanced Reliability spring kit and my Power Custom Series II hammer and sear jig. Trigger measured just over 7.5 pounds with a digital trigger pull gauge with about ten cycles where had three fall right on 7 lbs 12 oz in a row. Had to run a thread chasing tap all the way through pistol grip because threads stopped just shy of top and need them all the way to install a grub screw to take the creep out of the trigger. Was the most out of square sear engagement have ever seen on a factory Smith trigger. Hammer was dished and sear end of trigger was so out of square only 1/3 was making full contact with hammer. Jigged the hammer and stoned most of the dish out then reset for sear and stoned till just came into square then showed it some 400 grit paper on a flat. Ended up with almost no creep, relatively crisp 3 lbs 9 oz with a little over travel. Don't want to take too much slack out so doesn't decide to not reset if dirty or too light when unsure of owners trigger control abilities. Reduced creep, travel and dropped over four pounds off pull. Best part my latest lower order came in.

http://i68.tinypic.com/256wv82.jpg

When doing my 4473 and they were entering each serial number into system a couple of customers caught on that one person was buying nine billet lowers and kind of flipped out. When manager laughed and said had run as many as thirty on a single 4473 they asked me if was building for resale and said nope, just keep buying more safes. Average gun customer doesn't understand a building addiction. What I found interesting were these builder kits. Had never noticed but said we sell a lot.

http://i63.tinypic.com/290vdbn.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/ff8q5y.jpg

DPMS basic entry level kit with all milspec parts for 16" barrel rifle minus a lower receiver. $479 for a box of parts with no lower and can buy a rifle off the shelf with same parts factory built, ready to run with warranty for $499. Said most that buy are paranoid about dot gov knowing have an AR and build the kits on 80% lowers. Buy a kit, 80% lower and jig then check out without a 4473. Say most are back with fit issues on lower asking for advice which they can't give then for small parts lost in carpet and springs that fly off into another dimension. I would rather just keep buying big piles of quality receivers on the cheap, hunting deals on everything else and having double the quality at half the price or buy a finished factory unit.

ftierson
May 13, 2017, 23:24
I always find these kind of threads interesting... :)

I can't speak to the experiences of others, but I can speak to my own...

I've assembled several dozen rifles using Anderson lowers and I've only experienced one small problem, and that was when the hole for the safety retaining detent was a tiny bit too shallow in one receiver. I just used a 1/8 in drill (if I'm remembering correctly) to extend it a tad, and all was well. It might have been just a burr in the bottom of the hole. That's one in several dozen...

Yesterday, I assembled PSA Magpul MOE complete lower parts kits purchased recently (the ones selling for $99.99 at the moment) on three Anderson stripped lowers, SNs 150853xx, 161445xx and 170476xx, all originally bought in lots of 3-5, with absolutely no problems. Two of these lowers were used on PSA 16in SS Mid-Length 1/7 uppers and the other on a Wolf A1 (Taiwan T91) piston upper, all fitting perfectly.

I have used many lowers assembling ARs over the years, including RRA, LRB, GPI, EA, BFI, Spikes, Aero, and others, and consider the Anderson lowers to be as good as any and better than some.

Feel free to spend a lot of money on some receivers if you must (and if it makes your penis bigger), but my experience suggests that spending a lot more money will probably not buy you much more in terms of what's important (not that a bigger penis might not be important for you, of course, but I'm sure that goes without saying).

Just sayin'...

Forrest

hueyville
May 14, 2017, 00:00

I've assembled several dozen rifles using Anderson lowers and I've only experienced one small problem, and that was when the hole for the safety retaining detent was a tiny bit too shallow in one receiver. I just used a 1/8 in drill (if I'm remembering correctly) to extend it a tad, and all was well. It might have been just a burr in the bottom of the hole. That's one in several dozen...

Yesterday, I assembled PSA Magpul MOE complete lower parts kits purchased recently (the ones selling for $99.99 at the moment) on three Anderson stripped lowers, SNs 150853xx, 161445xx and 170476xx, all originally bought in lots of 3-5, with absolutely no problems. Two of these lowers were used on PSA 16in SS Mid-Length 1/7 uppers and the other on a Wolf A1 (Taiwan T91) piston upper, all fitting perfectly.

I have used many lowers assembling ARs over the years, including RRA, LRB, GPI, EA, BFI, Spikes, Aero, and others, and consider the Anderson lowers to be as good as any and better than some.

Feel free to spend a lot of money on some receivers if you must (and if it makes your penis bigger), but my experience suggests that spending a lot more money will probably not buy you much more in terms of what's important (not that a bigger penis might not be important for you, of course, but I'm sure that goes without saying).

Just sayin'...

Forrest

The billets were $33 each, reason went in heavy. Have built over two dozen of the's billet magnesium lowers and are always perfect, 30% lighter than aluminum and stronger. Last batch bought 30 blems and paid $20 each, couldn't find any real issues to call them blems.Before Mag Tactical bankrupted could call every week on specific day and sent me all the previous weeks color blems dirt cheap. If that's a lot of money wonder what a cheap lower costs these days? The $20 days are over and $33 was a rerelease promotion but still a bargain.

Whats funny is only lowers ever had an issue with were an Anderson's where the hole for the buffer retainer, front take down pin and bolt catch plunger/spring were drilled too shallow. All were in same batch so assume had a new operator on a machine.

ftierson
May 14, 2017, 10:12

Just sayin'...

By the way, just to be clear, my comments here are solely about the stripped Anderson lowers and not about any of their other parts (including their complete lowers). I have never used any of their LPKs and other stuff, so I can't speak to that...

Forrest

hueyville
May 14, 2017, 16:15
By the way, just to be clear, my comments here are solely about the stripped Anderson lowers and not about any of their other parts (including their complete lowers). I have never used any of their LPKs and other stuff, so I can't speak to that...

Forrest

Same here, have built quite a few with no issues but had package of six Anderson lowers where three of six had a detent pocket that was shallow. One with buffer detent pocket defect was shallow enough that if dropped detent in without a spring still stood up just tall enough buffer tube would not thread past it. Ground detent down about a 1/8" and cut a couple coils off the spring. Other two were one minute fixes with appropriate size end mill chucked in drill press. Too much trouble to change collet in mill and unnecessary. Till Mag Tactical went back in production (same machine operator just working for new company) ended up using Aero or Palmetto sale lowers. Never purchase anything but stripped lowers. If built cost more money and have to pull FCS to massage sear/hammer engagement which is an extra step.

Six Pack of Aero FDE uppers purchased as build most non 5.56 rifles on FDE lowers. Oops, pic of the six blacks, got box of each color.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2iu6bg5.jpg

FDE really doesn't blend into surroundings in North GA but had to buy a lot of them to get my old $20 each deal that had to find a use for them. Great for Mk 12 clones otherwise use for 6.8's then cover with GunSlings kits or use for projects like the 22 Nosler's. If build a long, heavy barrel 6.8 leave them FDE sometimes. Will notice a lot of my FDE lowers are not great color matches to the Magpul color standard which is what made them blems. Try to use best can find out of stack when build a rifle staying FDE then use the others when plan to wrap a rifle.

FYI Centerfire Systems is now selling first quality black and "in the white" three for $99 as a special. I jumped on them with a free shipping coupon on order over "x" dollars along with some other parts and as part time employee at LGS don't pay transfer fee. Could not resist getting enough black to last a year before price climbs back up.

michael_g927
May 15, 2017, 07:26
We have a dealer here in Tulsa that sells Anderson. Many of my friends have used their recievers at $38. I have seen maybe 30 rifles come from these and never heard of any issies. Not even from their LPK or BCGs.
I personally like their stainless trigger and hammer sets.
I have noticed that nomatter who the lowest price mass produced mfg is, there will those that just talk $hit about them.
Someone mentioned the KCI glock mags. Other than stiff springs, mags work great!

yellowhand
May 15, 2017, 13:14
My guess is we have about two more years of low prices on AR stuff, then people will get scared again when the polls say Trumpster can't win reelection, and then 33.00 lowers will shoot back up again.
For some of us here, not that long ago BCG were unattainable at any price, lowers as well.
Complete 450.00 AR's today will become expensive once again, just allow a Dim Wit to get a 10 point lead on Donald.
Same for magazines. Just wait until a gun grabber gets a lead in the polling.:facepalm:
Firearms pricing has little bumps, up and downs, but the main trajectory is always up long term.
Still a damn good investment.:D

Huey could end up a very rich man and not that far from now.:bow:
Wait until they ban private sales on a national basis, then firearms becomes the "new" alcohol and everyone wants one.

hueyville
May 16, 2017, 07:16
My guess is we have about two more years of low prices on AR stuff, then people will get scared again when the polls say Trumpster can't win reelection, and then 33.00 lowers will shoot back up again.
For some of us here, not that long ago BCG were unattainable at any price, lowers as well.
Complete 450.00 AR's today will become expensive once again, just allow a Dim Wit to get a 10 point lead on Donald.
Same for magazines. Just wait until a gun grabber gets a lead in the polling.:facepalm:
Firearms pricing has little bumps, up and downs, but the main trajectory is always up long term.
Still a damn good investment.:D

Huey could end up a very rich man and not that far from now.:bow:
Wait until they ban private sales on a national basis, then firearms becomes the "new" alcohol and everyone wants one.

The establishment will not allow The Donald another term, doubt he will even want to run again. If he can't fix it in four years is smart enough to know a lame duck president doesn't get crap done. Next administration is going to stuff it up our @$$ on guns. Obama left them alone, Trump is helping a tad, time for cycle to go the other way.

Am now a part time employee at LGS doing AR trigger work, repairing uppers and troubleshooting homebrew rifle issues. Also means a lot more free OEM parts for my pile. If ban private sales will roll mine onto store book as prices peak. The few private sales I do if person is not willing to go to LGS and pay the small fee for background check and 4473 don't sell a gun. Want anything I build to be on stores bluebook and then logged to new owner when found at a crime scene, not me being last person with paperwork attached. Only cost me two sales since pre Sandy Hook and my guess is those two couldn't pass the background.

Whenever LGS was out of rifles during the shortage and someone came in totally panicked would meet in parking lot, strike a deal and walk back in for them to do paperwork. LGS at least got $25 and word got out even if nothing on shelf, usually a neck bearder lurking. Have played this game 40 years and pile gets bigger but money invested doesn't increase proportionately. Buy low, sell high. Have vaults full of rifles built on $20 to $40 billet receivers, $100 match barrels and 3.25 to 3.5 pound free to $5 each triggers plus a $9 spring kit and a trip across the hammer and sear jig.

Anyone not leveraging current market will eventually kick themselves or say "if I had only known". How many times have entry level rifles topped a grand and high cap magazines $1 per round capacity or more? Have sold every time. Why put all my money in a 401k that's goes up and down at whim of markets (do that too but don't buy high or sell low) when can build a sub MOA rifle that will run with $1,200 to $1,500 rifles for $500? Building a local reputation where people are always asking for rifles. Unless pay LWRC or Daniel Defense price they stay in my vault. Don't build for resale, build for me so have to motivate me to part with one.

Also why LGS negotiated a new position and say to expect minimum of 50 rifles a month on their bench for me to tweak. Last thing I need is a time burning job gunsmithing at LGS. Building a brand is part of marketing so more I stand behind their counter, the more my rifles will be appreciated. Already been told by one of the big players most here have heard of or wished could buy their guns, if get FFL will send me all their custom finish work. May let LGS handle the books and take them up on it as don't want headache of an FFL or paperwork of another business.

I try to give advice on AR's, the tip just gave on $99 three packs of billet lowers should have kept my mouth shut. That said, anyone who has not ordered at least three, six or more averages out shipping if no coupon and has a cheap FFL to run through is missing a heck of an opportunity. Once Fostech rebuilds the Mag Tactical reputation will be over $100 each. Now that word is out they should run out asap which could suck for me when this last nine are gone. Think will order some more. Also am not a fool buying good armor cheap right now. Only a matter of time where civilians armor sales are banned like most of Europe. When happens will have over 100 vests cleaned and properly stored to neck beard. Or if die son can flip them. Just since started lurking here watched good milsurp mags double in price and kits go up fair amount. Sitting heavy on both.

Edit:
Took my own advice and just doubled down on the $33 Mag Tactical lowers. $22 shipping and fees spread out over nine units still only 35.44 each to LGS and employees get free transferes. Duh, may tap them again next week once balance my toy budget.

yellowhand
May 16, 2017, 15:32
Huey, agree with soft armor vests, just picked up a couple new ones from J and G sales for 150.00 or so plus a little extra for side panels.:biggrin:

All this crap in the press is to insure that the Tumpster does not run or runs and does not win reelection in three years.

And that will be bad for all gunmen.

When its cheap, stack the shit deep.:biggrin:

Because cheap will not last, it never does with firearms.

Wil-C
May 16, 2017, 21:19
Got one of these, works fine and for today only, on their daily deal flyer, its only 159.00!!!!

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-8-stainless-steel-freedom-upper-no-bcg-or-charging-handle.html?trk_msg=16FPA5ULBSUKJ75I12UCO7CT04&trk_contact=BM7VV0IGN4PPQ48UKHV0VMIK1G&trk_sid=NIHUAT8T2M699MEE51QT267I68&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=http%3a%2f%2fpalmettostatearmory.com%2fps a-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-8-stainless-steel-freedom-upper-no-bcg-or-charging-handle.html&utm_campaign=Daily+Deal+Email&utm_content=5%3a00+Email

18 reviews, all very positive. You're also former army or something, a fair bit of experience on these? I'll defer to that experience as well as the reviews.
I ordered one & it's on its way.
One question: what buffer and/or stock should I use for maximum reliability?
Carbine? Rifle? Dedicated mid-gas system buffer?

ALL FAL
May 24, 2017, 20:35

Edit:

I believe you play by the rules and are Damn Smart about all you do AND a very good business Man. Those who get jealous of your energizer bunny Go Power, well, to bad for them. Hey, need any West Coast Dealers? Hehe :biggrin:

hueyville
May 25, 2017, 05:43
Go file for an S-Corp or LLC, get a Federal I.D. Number, State Sales & Use Tax number, liability and workman's comp insurance then call almost any gun accessories company and meet their minimum order on non FFL items. Most will hook you right up as a dealer. No different than all the garage and basement FFL's except a real brick and mortar location. With an official position at LGS can order FFL parts and have sent to store. Employees don't pay transfer fees and get discounts. Another big box of lowers arrived yesterday. Receiver safe is restocked for a couple more years of building. By developing relationships with vendors, most sell individuals that work in the industry their personal parts below wholesale. Keep working the deals and LGS is now thinking of stepping up and introducing a custom line of in-house rifles. That will be fun building rifles with others money. It's the satisfaction of a job well done that gets me up in the morning.