PDA

View Full Version : New Colt Offering

V guy
March 13, 2017, 11:10
http://gundigest.com/classic-guns/first-look-colt-m16a1-reissue

For the nostalgia crowd. Has all 3 positions marked and is like the typical war issue gun.
All it needs is a Franklin binary trigger.

EPC WN
March 13, 2017, 11:37
2500 for a fuggin AR? Yeah right.

W.E.G.
March 13, 2017, 11:53
I doubt they can sell enough of those safe-queens to save the company.

That ship already sailed.

hueyville
March 13, 2017, 11:55
Still have one N.I.B. Tac-Con three position bump trigger never installed. May have to buy one of these, would swap barrel to 1:9 twist A1 clone for 62 grain ss109 and my preferred 62 grain lead core plinking bullets or possibly a 1:7 to see if it would cycle cast lead as well as my SlideFire's do. Also been looking for an excuse to buy a binary trigger as seem to be a better idea than the bump trigger. Wife has bump triggers in her 5.728 AR's and can run a 50 round mag dump like a little long range chain saw. If somebody would develop binary triggers for some of the more popular sub guns and machine pistols would part with last two M11's. Their 2.5 second 30 round from round one to empty is way too fast. Even a quick tap on the trigger and your half empty.

The SP1's could be put in cosmoline and bagged up so no worries about vault marks or loss of value due to wear when having a mid-life crises need to recreate lost moments from youth. $2,499 retail is a tad high but sure street will drop after initial surge of "1st guy on the block" club guys get their's. Wouldn't be really any more than building a decent clone either. Now am in vulture mode circling the LGS waiting for the smell of blood when somebody's wife sees the credit card bill, is short on house payment money and she makes them take it back. Post Sandy Hook as AR's came back on shelf at $1,800, dropped to $1,500 then crossed $1,000 threshold moving down saw so many coming back still in box with stunned look on faces not understanding why LGS's would not give full refund for their $2,000 rfile bought at peak of panic. For a period of time saw that almost daily as shelves filled and prices dove. Still building with parts purchased end of 2015 in LGS parking lots and online clearance sales as companies folded. Just a little patience and will be mag dumping one of those in my tiger stripe fatigues. Just need to put on 50 to 75 pounds or more so match the other guys my age at range.

MistWolf
March 13, 2017, 15:42
Hueyville is a strange place

VALMET
March 13, 2017, 18:07
Another AR from Colt...yawn.

Near Sighted Sniper
March 13, 2017, 20:42
They can keep it for that price!!
I'll keep my retro build, yeah it's not an SP1 but it's good enough for me. I'm considering getting a NoDak spud receiver & making it a little more faithful to the original. Right now it sports a Spikes lower. I forget the particulars on the upper, I bought it on ARFcom a few years ago, it has the pencil thin barrel & triangular handguards. It's very light weight & I really enjoy this one.

Sagerider
March 13, 2017, 21:19
Lower the price to 2k or better and change the barrel twist to 1-8 or 1-7.
Good that maybe there will be some new furniture available?

Rock River can produce a National Match rifle for right about $1,250.00, I think that is what I paid for mine so double that you can get a Colt with a crappy twist rate and most likely a crappy trigger by today's standards. We have many different bullet weights to choose from these days for varment to target shooting. Nobody is going to know care or complain if the twist rate is faster but once they figure out heavier bullets than 55 grain won't stabilize they will.

Good idea Colt but you did not think it through. We are living 50 years in the future damn it and for shooting commie gophers this would be the thingamabob to do the job with a tighter twist and a good trigger.

hueyville
March 14, 2017, 04:40

It was a tounge in cheek reference to all the 300 pound guys that show up at range on weekends dressed in full warfighter kit trying to validate their nightly consumption of ice cream by the gallon and dozen donuts for breakfast as Carbo loading for their upcoming mission to army surplus for more tacticool gear in XXXXXL for weekend trip to range where have kid unload truck cause that many trips to truck may burn an unnecessary calorie.

As to the mentioned rifle. Will be several people that will buy dropping on credit card. Bill will hit and wife will freak. They will wipe off, take back to LGS trying to get refund after one day of running mag dumps till their ammo purchased at Wallyworld on way to range is gone. They will hit the circuit of local shops trying to sell when can't get full refund, take to next gun show where nobody shows any interest except for under half retail offers and I will buy one for cheap in gun show or LGS parking lot. Post Sandy Hook when price of rifles dropped 60% or more purchased one a week in said manner. Don't care if it's going to be a $2,400 retail, $1,999 street price new, will end up with one in the $900 to $1,000 range which is cheaper than building an A1 clone on Nodak lower.

TenTea
March 14, 2017, 07:43
I'm thinking top buck is under 1 large for either of these, especially and particularly in this market, now.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/0521161453b2.jpg

EPC WN
March 14, 2017, 09:08
Yup. Especially when you can grab a 6920 at Wally World these days... The 20 round mag should seal the deal completely

TenTea
March 14, 2017, 09:46
Yup. Especially when you can grab a 6920 at Wally World these days... The 20 round mag should seal the deal completely

I thought Walrus got out of the 6920 bidness? :confused:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/08/25/wal-mart-abandons-ar-15-shooters-good/

EPC WN
March 14, 2017, 09:51
I thought Walrus got out of the 6920 bidness? :confused:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/08/25/wal-mart-abandons-ar-15-shooters-good/
Shows ya how much I get out. Last time I was at Wally world the whole glass case was AR15s.

TenTea
March 14, 2017, 10:04
Shows ya how much I get out. Last time I was at Wally world the whole glass case was AR15s.

I'm told they blew out their remaining inventory at super low prices and the Colt rifles lasted around 1 day, once word got out.

I missed the boat, too, although I have plenty of rifles on dry land... :wink:

hueyville
March 14, 2017, 10:15
Missed the rifles but pushed two full buggies of scope mounts, pistol grips, drop in & free float quad rail forearms, stocks, picatinny adapters, tactical lights/lasers, red dots and much more out front door. Lots of stuff that was not AR specific but tactical in nature they parted with in a big freak out. Anything marked Blackhawk or Millet went and what's crazy is some has been brought back plus it's all still on their website. Local store marked everything 1/2 price and manager did an over-ride based on me taking it all at 75% off. Lots of Wallyworld parts have found way on builds past year.

EPC WN
March 14, 2017, 10:31
I'm told they blew out their remaining inventory at super low prices and the Colt rifles lasted around 1 day, once word got out.

I missed the boat, too, although I have plenty of rifles on dry land... :wink:

Nothing to miss. Wifels are for the Mrs.

Colt is just in time on these things. You can Lego one up for about $550. I guess there's a market, I just ain't it.

March 14, 2017, 13:51
the ar has had minor changes since the 60's so retro seems kinda pointless. any rock that was around in the 60's is still pretty much the same rock now.
damn, i should market "retro rocks" & make coin off chumps.

TenTea
March 14, 2017, 13:57
the ar has had minor changes since the 60's so retro seems kinda pointless. any rock that was around in the 60's is still pretty much the same rock now.
damn, i should market "retro rocks" & make coin off chumps.

Frank Zappa said *nostalgia and paperwork* would be humanity's downfall.

Nothing saying you can't profit in the meanwhile... :)

W.E.G.
March 14, 2017, 15:29
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a purse-fight over this one when it goes live at second-six-pack hour Friday night.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/629772371

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/gunbroker/RCG%20-%20colt%20pencil%20upper/DSCN4730_zps11yeph6a.jpg

meltblown
March 14, 2017, 15:59

I think we all sense that:uhoh:

Pluribus
March 14, 2017, 17:40
.........damn, i should market "retro rocks" & make coin off chumps.

Sister Magda at the local Wichita, America flea market has beat you to it. She and the other good Sisters also offer "rock concerts" just like in semty-sumpin' and, Saintly named pet rocks with special blessings already installed for healing purposes.

I bet you can't beat that, can you? I hear Sister Magda has a lot of BIG, big medicine.

:wink:

:angel:

ETA:

Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post

Y'all just noticed?

:biggrin:

hueyville
March 15, 2017, 06:26
Will be in with a penny bid...

Jarhead504
March 15, 2017, 17:49