PDA

View Full Version : L1A1 always cycle no matter the gas regulator setting

tatan
March 11, 2017, 14:31
Hi guys,

just bought new L1A1, rifle is really in pristine condition, lovely looking piece.
It is my second L1A1 that i own.

Today i took my new SLR to a range and all is perfectly well, except one thing - the SLR always cycle, no matter which number set on the gas regulator ring.

Even fully open, it still cycles and the spent cartridges are thrown approximately same length away (again no matter the no. set on the gas reulator).

I checked the gas vent, it's clean and my gas plug is inserted correctly.

My other SLR cycles the same ammo at position 5 (Austrian Hirtenberger).

Someone have any idea why this might be happening? I want to make sure my breech block carrier is not thrown back with too much force ...

I found a huge amount topics on not cycling SLRs but can't find anything on this one ..

Thank You

meltblown
March 11, 2017, 14:42
Assuming this is a factory rifle...recoil springs could be weak.

msnyder
March 11, 2017, 17:04
Gas port might be enlarged.

meltblown
March 11, 2017, 17:31
Gas port might be enlarged.

On a factory rifle? I wouldn't think they are making home brews over there. Not to mention the gas port is angled

msnyder
March 11, 2017, 20:05
On a factory rifle? I wouldn't think they are making home brews over there. Not to mention the gas port is angled

You can still enlarge an angled gas port. and too large of a gas port would produce those symptoms. Someone might have enlarged it to improve function with worn parts.

tatan
March 12, 2017, 01:44
Thank you guys for all your suggestions.

The recoil spring seams to me approx. same strength like my other SLR, but i don't have any tool to measure it exactly. So there might be difference, but certainly not a big one.

As for the enlarged gas port, i don't know. Certainly logical conclusion though. I will check it out with the rifle importer.

The rifle is set up from different numbered parts, but all is Birmingham original parts and also, all imported rifles to my country are checked by national central government agency, where rifle undergo a torture tests.

So definitely not something thrown together in a 'uncles backyard' ..

Thanks again, i'll let you know (hopefully next week) how i proceed with this problem.

msnyder
March 12, 2017, 04:59
Thank you guys for all your suggestions.

The recoil spring seams to me approx. same strength like my other SLR, but i don't have any tool to measure it exactly. So there might be difference, but certainly not a big one.

As for the enlarged gas port, i don't know. Certainly logical conclusion though. I will check it out with the rifle importer.

The rifle is set up from different numbered parts, but all is Birmingham original parts and also, all imported rifles to my country are checked by national central government agency, where rifle undergo a torture tests.

So definitely not something thrown together in a 'uncles backyard' ..

Thanks again, i'll let you know (hopefully next week) how i proceed with this problem.

You can check the gas port by inserting different sized drill bits into the port.

tatan
April 25, 2017, 06:39
Hello guys,

So i have update to my case here ...
It took some time for my gun seller to inspect the rifle with the above mentioned problem.
Yesterday i got it back with comment:
"Rifle is cycling the ammunition with no problems, even on setting 12 on the gas regulation ring and there is no 'chewed' brass ..." (I have not reported any problems with stuck brass inside breech during firing cycle in the first place!... *sigh*)

They also said, that they tried another 2 different L1A1 rifles, that they've got in store and both other rifles behaved the same. Meaning, they were cycling the ammo even with fully open gas regulation ring (setting 12).

I'm pulling my hair now. I am no Enfield expert by far, but from what i read so far, or from what i saw on youtube videos, the L1A1 should NOT cycle on setting 12 (fully open)???

I'm now confused. Seller says this is normal behaviour, while i think, that this is not.
I still think, that on setting 12, the rifle should not go through the whole firing cycle process and the spent brass should get stuck and not be ejected.

Because how can i then set the correct amount of gas pressing on the gas piston if it cycles on any setting from 1 to 12? This way (IMHO) it can damage e.g. the breech block carrier if i use some more 'hot' ammo like HORNADY etc ..

Can anybody of you guys help here? Anybody else has a L1A1 that cycles on setting 12 (fully open gas regulation ring on gas tube)?
As i said - for reference - my other L1A1 (I own 2 rifles) cycles the same ammo on "5" setting (6 and higher means problems with cycling, brass is 'chewed' or gets stuck right away)....

thanks for any opinion, or help

with regards,
Karel Lang

enbloc8
May 07, 2017, 10:58
For what it's worth, I recall a retired British chief armorer saying that the SLR he was issued overseas would cycle even with the gas wide open, and he didn't write as though that was a bad thing.

What is the background of your other L1A1? Is it also a war-reserve rifle, or is it already well-used? A rifle overhauled for war-reserve was supposed to be repaired to like-new specification and ready to use straight out of the wrapping.

Keep in mind that this rifle wasn't meant for functioning with a wide variety of loads...it was meant to work with issue ammo, all made to the same NATO specs and performing more-or-less to the same standards. Gas adjustability would have more to do with compensating for carbon fouling, wear (blow-by) in the gas mechanism, inadequate lubrication, and similar service-related impediments to operation.

If the brass isn't showing evidence of violent ejection or being launched into the next province (like a G3), your rifle is probably functioning "as intended".

meltblown
May 07, 2017, 12:27
Gas port for a metric is about 3/32". If your measures this then I wouldn't worry.

RooneyCZ
May 07, 2017, 15:23
We discussed this with tatan on another forum - his gas channel from barrel into gas block was enlarged as part of refurbishment from some of 2,36mm to 2,5 or something like that...that was also marked by stamping "I" in side of the gas block, specifically on the ear of the sightpost. Its said to be standart procedure when gun malfunctioned...
And take in mind that he is using surplus ammo, which should have basically m80 ball specs....

meltblown
May 07, 2017, 15:48
You can open up the vent if you want. I would leave it alone. I have a para that doesn't regulate as described above. I also shoot it suppressed and it is hell on the cases with the can.

tatan
May 09, 2017, 06:13
Hello guys,

Firstly, thank You all for all your suggestions and tips you gave me.
Big thanks goes to 'msnyder' from here forums, who helped me via PMs to narrow possible cause for overgassing and finally identify it.
Also big thanks to Sal from MDW supplies (http://www.deactivated-military-weapons.co.uk/mdwsupplies-contact.html and Steve from Enfieldteile ( https://enfieldteile.de/ ) who both helped me greatly via emails.

Now to my problem:

1\
Firstly, i checked markings on the barrel and the gas block and it is Parker Hale both, which as i understand it, is considered as a best barrel you can have on L1A1

barrel:
960 2006 PH CF 2 R86
gas block:
960 2266 PH 86

The "1" on the gas block is stamped on the "ear" covering the front site above the normal marking on the gas block

2\
Secodly i identified what those markings means - there is a guide from Ian Skennerton "Small arms identification series 7.62mm L1&C1 F.A.L. rifles"

3\
I still wandered, though what the "1" number means on the gas block's 'ear' until i found the explanation on other forum here:
https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=26810

Cite:

L1A1 Markings
Also, you MAY encounter Brit or Aussie rifles with either a '1' or a '2' or BOTH, stamped onto the gas block side. This is also an Armourers aid to inform that the gas port has been reamed out to 'stage one' & then 'Stage Two'.
IF a rifle was a bit 'tired' & turning down the gas reg did not give sufficient adjustment to eject spent rounds. The FIRST thing the Armourer checked was obviously the gas cylinder, & that it's retention pin had not fallen out & resulted in the cylinder turning slightly. And subsequently masking the gas port. Also checked for a slit or crack in the cyl. If OK, then the gas port was reamed with the appropraiate reamers. If I remember correctly, 2.6mm then 2.7mm was stage one. 2.8mm & then 2.9mm was stage two. it was reamed in these small measurements so as to remove small amounts of metal carefully & not snap a reamer. if you did snap one, Disasterous consequence ensued! After reaming, it was essential to run the .297" bore gauge down the 'Tube' to ensure no flashing of the metal around the gas port remained. If it was left it would tear lumps of coper off the bullet jacket! Removal of this metal was done with a cleaning rod, one piece, with strands of brass wire in the end loop.

4\
As a result of the above information, and on the recommendation of 'msnyder', i bought a set of a small drill bits on a way home and did the measure as follow:

overgassed SLR:
2.5mm drill bit fits through the gas vent and i see it sticking in the barrel.
2.7mm bit is already too large (i dont have 2.6mm bit, only odd numbers), but i think it is 2.6mm diameter, the 2.5mm is still a bit loose (this corresponds with the above information for number '1' marking)

normally funcitoning SLR:
On my other L1A1 SLR 2.5mm fits in the gas block, but won't come through the barrel port

Summary of my findings:
1\ yes, the enlargement of gas port on L1A1 barrels is real and can be identified with numbers '1' or '2' (or both) stamped on the gas block above normal markings

2\ it was done the remedy poorly functioning SLRs, because of conditions where they were used (deserts = sand) or because of deterioration of parts

3\ the SLRs that i own were all build up from very good parts from war stores - meaning, the original SLRs were disassembled, bad parts thrown out and new SLRs were built for civilian sector sales
This, of course means, that barrels with enlarged gas ports ended in with perfect, clean parts, that did not needed the enlarged g.p. This results in this overgassing behaviour.

4\ overgassing is not normal, nor is a good thing - recoil is bigger (=target re-acquirement with follow-up shots slower) , stress on the breach block carrier and gas system as whole is bigger. This results in SLRs shorter life span.

5\ you cannot remedy once enlarged gas port on barrel, but you can try to mitigate with:
- new gas block (without markings of '1' or '2')
- enlarging the gas port on the gas block that is covered by gas regulator - in doing so you mitigate greater gas intake from barrel by simply greater out-gassing from gas block port
- use gas piston with a smaller head diameter (worn out, or right out tooled smaller)

- .... ??? any other ideas to remedy??

6\ end report :-)

I made this detailed description to help others, who might have similar trouble.

cheers :-)

48th Highlander
May 10, 2017, 14:35
This is not an insult. Just a quick quip about the internet, and my experience in the Small Arms Industry and as a CF weapons tech who dealt with the C1.

I have NEVER, seen a post about someone complaining that their rifle won't stop working! This is the greatest post ever! Never in the history of the internet! It made my day!!!!

Anyway, looks like you and everyone who followed the post learned something so thanks for the post. Seriously. Not taking the piss.

tatan
May 10, 2017, 15:54
This is not an insult. Just a quick quip about the internet, and my experience in the Small Arms Industry and as a CF weapons tech who dealt with the C1.

I have NEVER, seen a post about someone complaining that their rifle won't stop working! This is the greatest post ever! Never in the history of the internet! It made my day!!!!

Anyway, looks like you and everyone who followed the post learned something so thanks for the post. Seriously. Not taking the piss.

Well, sir,
i like the thought my post entertained you and gave you a good laughs. But Is there a reason to talk about 'not taking a piss' and such like? If you're not interested, don't troll up the thread with a post with a ZERO useful information.

Now, try to look up "overgassed FN FAL" or "overgassed L1A1" and you'll see, that the problem i described is reported by more folks on various forums.
And then you'll see that your bombastic "Never in the history of the internet" is more like 'never say never'.

RooneyCZ
May 10, 2017, 16:46
Highlander - lets think about it as that the described situation is not normal and it is not the way the weapon was designed to work and some people have their guns to not just work, but to work as they were designed to. ;)

ExCdnSoldierInTx
May 10, 2017, 17:36

hehehe That's one way of looking at it, uhh huh... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

gunplumber
May 10, 2017, 19:18
1. It is not a problem, it is not a defect. It must cycle on 4. There is no upward limit.

2. There is no 12 on an L1A1 gas regulator. FAL is 1-7, L1A1 is 1-11.

3. a 1 on the L1A1 gas block means the gas port was reamed from .098 to .106" to meet the requirement of cycling on 4.

4. a 2 on the L1A1 gas block means the gas port was reamed to .110" to cycle on 4.

5. a gas port that is oversize can absolutely be TIG welded and redrilled to a more appropriate size, however this is not a standard arsenal repair. See #1 before considering.

6. an oversize FAL gas port is not corrected by changing to a new gas block as the hole in the gas block is already much larger than even an oversized gas port. L1A1, gas block hole is smaller, but remains irrelevant (look at the hole size on the gas plug!).

7. See #1. Relax. All is well.

8. I'm sure Ian will be pleased to know you're stealing a pirated copy of his copyrighted work.

ExCdnSoldierInTx
May 10, 2017, 20:22
Some Canadians went to 12, btw.

RooneyCZ
May 11, 2017, 04:14
Gunplumber.
With all the respect,
IF the gas port was reamed and then this reamed barrel/gasport assembly ended up in the refurbed rifle, where issue for which reaming was done might be resolved and therefore there is no longer need for that port beeing reamed, it is an issue, period.
Next - Reaming the gas port, as of my understanding is "army" solution. Theese solutions tend to be brutal, yet effective. Me personally - I dont want brutal solution. Im not an army to buy bulk and dont care. I do care.
Add 6 - Sir, you have lost me here....just by common sence - if the size is irelevant, the reaming proces would be useless...if we are talking about same gas port hole etc. we are talking about swaping the gas block, not the gas plug, if we all use the same terms.
Add 8 - Dont be that guy. We all know uploading is a crime, not downloading something from the internet. He gives a credit to author - yes it not by the citation norm, but fine. I would be carefull about calling it "stealing".

gunplumber
May 11, 2017, 08:21
Gunplumber.
With all the respect,
IF the gas port was reamed and then this reamed barrel/gasport assembly ended up in the refurbed rifle, where issue for which reaming was done might be resolved and therefore there is no longer need for that port beeing reamed, it is an issue, period.

No. Sorry. Nice try, but totally wrong. There is nothing not in the gas system that will fix an issue with the gas system. A new return spring (yes, there is an inspection and repair standard for that as well), can increase energy required to cycle, but not decrease it. If a depot rebuild is reaming the gas block, they have reached the "assembled rifle" inspection point and the return spring is already measured and return to standard.

Next - Reaming the gas port, as of my understanding is "army" solution. Theese solutions tend to be brutal, yet effective. Me personally - I dont want brutal solution. Im not an army to buy bulk and dont care. I do care.
Add 6 - Sir, you have lost me here....just by common sence - if the size is irelevant, the reaming proces would be useless...if we are talking about same gas port hole etc. we are talking about swaping the gas block, not the gas plug, if we all use the same terms.

Wrong again. Royal Electro Mechanical Enginering: Unit and Depot level Bulletins and Inspection/Repair Standards. I don't pull this stuff out of my ass.

Add 8 - Dont be that guy. We all know uploading is a crime, not downloading something from the internet. He gives a credit to author - yes it not by the citation norm, but fine. I would be carefull about calling it "stealing".

You are a thief. You know it's stolen material and you download it anyway. A citation would be pulling one page or paragraph out for review and comment. As an author myself, I deal with scum like you all the time. I have the same publication, except I paid Ian for it (in person) instead of stealing it from him.

tatan
May 11, 2017, 09:56
1. It is not a problem, it is not a defect. It must cycle on 4. There is no upward limit.
Let me clarify, so you claim, that there is no extra strain on the moving parts because of this enlarged gas port on the barrel?
I wander, probably the engineers which constructed the FN FAL probably invented the gas regulator, because it was as a 'trendy' thing to do, and nothing to do with functionality.
Based on your logic, i expect you throw away you gas regulator, drill a big hole into your barrel and weld gas port on gas block.
Problem solved, no more stoppages, claim patent and get rich.

2. There is no 12 on an L1A1 gas regulator. FAL is 1-7, L1A1 is 1-11.

No there is not really stamped the 12, but i meant the last position, fully open, that could be marked as one, but there is not enough space for it, to stamp the '12' there.

3. a 1 on the L1A1 gas block means the gas port was reamed from .098 to .106" to meet the requirement of cycling on 4.

Thank you for repeating the numbers in the inch scale, some ppl in the US dont know what mm means.

4. a 2 on the L1A1 gas block means the gas port was reamed to .110" to cycle on 4.

Thank you for repeating the numbers in the inch scale, some ppl in the US dont know what mm means.

5. a gas port that is oversize can absolutely be TIG welded and redrilled to a more appropriate size, however this is not a standard arsenal repair. See #1 before considering.

Useful info.

6. an oversize FAL gas port is not corrected by changing to a new gas block as the hole in the gas block is already much larger than even an oversized gas port. L1A1, gas block hole is smaller, but remains irrelevant (look at the hole size on the gas plug!).

If the gas block port is irrelevant, why is it covered by the gas regulator then?
Actually the top side of the hole on the gas plug is not big and it is hard to say how much it matters anyway, as the gas piston starts to move backward the second, there starts the gas come in.

7. See #1. Relax. All is well.

I'm relaxed, thank you. But i want to get different functionality from my SLR. Your post helped some, if scratched out 80% of ballast info out of it.

8. I'm sure Ian will be pleased to know you're stealing a pirated copy of his copyrighted work.
I'm sure he will not, as i was not, when i tried to buy it from amazon and it is sold out.
https://www.amazon.com/7-62mm-L-Rifles-Identification-Descriptions/dp/094974929X/ref=sr_1_143?ie=UTF8&qid=1494511275&sr=8-143&keywords=ian+skennerton
But you are right, i'm gonna edit my previous post and remove the link, let others show their prowess with google.

RooneyCZ
May 11, 2017, 10:39
You are a thief. ...... I deal with scum like you all the time..... instead of stealing it from him.

I AM a THIEF and SCUM? You obviously canīt read as Iīm not the original author which talked about that book. So put your glasses on and shut up before you start calling someone thief or scum.

gunplumber
May 11, 2017, 10:42
Let me clarify, so you claim, that there is no extra strain on the moving parts because of this enlarged gas port on the barrel?
I wander, probably the engineers which constructed the FN FAL probably invented the gas regulator, because it was as a 'trendy' thing to do, and nothing to do with functionality.
Based on your logic, i expect you throw away you gas regulator, drill a big hole into your barrel and weld gas port on gas block.
Problem solved, no more stoppages, claim patent and get rich.

Do you always act like a petulant child when you are corrected?

Yes, there are those who use the metric system, and those who went to the moon. Since the L1A1 is built in the inch scale, all the dimensions are inch, it makes sense to have the inspection and repair standards in inches as well. The FAL is all inch thread as well. Thus my rejection of the concept of a "metric" FAL. Israel barrel thread notwithstanding.

If the gas block port is irrelevant, why is it covered by the gas regulator then?
Actually the top side of the hole on the gas plug is not big and it is hard to say how much it matters anyway, as the gas piston starts to move backward the second, there starts the gas come in.

hole A in the barrel controls the amount and pressure of gas

hole B in the gas block is a clearance hole, and must be larger than hole A for mounting tolerances. This is 90 deg in FAL and 45 in L1A1.

hole C (a channel) in the gas plug, changes direction of gas flow and must be larger than hole B for manufacturing tolerances (wiggle).

hole D, under the gas regulator, is covered by the piston. Once the piston moves slightly rearward, this hole is exposed to vent any excess gas.

hole E in the gas tube, is a secondary vent for over-pressure relief.

If hole A is too large, making hole B smaller does nothing unless one makes it smaller than hole A. Since hole B is significantly larger than hole A on a factory new part, switching to a new gas block will not be enough to occlude hole A on a FAL. Possible on an L1A1, but unlikely. As a new gas block will also have a tighter gas chamber to gas plug interface, and a tighter gas regulator journal, it will likely increase pressure on the piston as there is less leakage from normal wear.

Your post helped some, if scratched out 80% of ballast info out of it.

Go f-ck yourself, loser. The rational answer is "thank you for spending your valuable time, using your decades of experience to guide me." Not "Waaaaaaaa! Gunplumber corrected me and now I'm butt-hurt!"

I'm sure he will not, as i was not, when i tried to buy it from amazon and it is sold out.

So Amazon is sold out, therefore it is okay for you to steal it. The extent that a thief goes through to rationalize his theft, never ceases to amaze me.

RooneyCZ
May 11, 2017, 13:58
Yes, there are those who use the metric system, and those who went to the moon.

Do you realize that US agreed to metric system, oficialy is metric and only uses imperial out of tradition?
Also NASA uses metric system for engineering, even the moon landing - machines were made and calculate with metric, just showed astronauts imperial units on displays :-D
http://www.doneyles.com/LM/Tales.html
Enjoy your God complex.

tatan
May 11, 2017, 16:16
Do you always act like a petulant child when you are corrected?

Do you?

Go f-ck yourself, loser. The rational answer is "thank you for spending your valuable time, using your decades of experience to guide me." Not "Waaaaaaaa! Gunplumber corrected me and now I'm butt-hurt!"

You remind me of those pathetic liberal snowflakes. If somebody disagree with them, they have a fit, they burst in tears, they shout, spewing F-words.....

I'll leave you to your Gunplumber's forum SAFESPACE.
Just take it easy, breathe in, breathe out ... Hillary won teh popular vote .... feelin better pal? :facepalm:;):biggrin:

hkshooter
May 11, 2017, 18:11
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. :facepalm:

This will be fun to watch.

gunplumber
May 11, 2017, 18:42
I AM a THIEF and SCUM? You obviously canīt read as Iīm not the original author which talked about that book. So put your glasses on and shut up before you start calling someone thief or scum.

I was referring to Tatan - you know, the guy who provided a link to the stolen/pirated material he was downloading. I thought that was clear by me quoting him before my reply. (which he has since edited)

You have the bizarre philosophy that it's ok to steal an author's copyrighted material by downloading it, as long as you're not the one uploading it. Remember way back to yesterday when you wrote :

So you did not download the stolen/pirated material? You only endorse & defend others doing so?

Of course he "gave credit". It's hard not to when Ian's name is on it. Right along side the "(c) Ian Skennerton, 2001. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means . . . .etc."

RooneyCZ
May 12, 2017, 05:03
You quoted me, and called me a thief. At least have the balls to say sorry, thats what men do when they make mistake.

You have bizzare philosphy that downloading is a crime - You cant read that "Ian Skennerton, 2001. All Rights Reserved." until youīve already opened it. Thats why the law says the uploading is a crime, not downloading.
But you know of course better than lawyers, donīt you?

gunplumber
May 12, 2017, 08:55
You quoted me, and called me a thief. At least have the balls to say sorry, thats what men do when they make mistake.

You have bizzare philosphy that downloading is a crime - You cant read that "Ian Skennerton, 2001. All Rights Reserved." until youīve already opened it. Thats why the law says the uploading is a crime, not downloading.
But you know of course better than lawyers, donīt you?

You are a thief. Both GF and sister are law school graduates and yeah, dinner topics include arguing the legal points of conversion and the merits of dividing the 9th circuit. (It's just how we roll, yo!).

My Master's Degree covers international law as it applies to strategic and security studies. But so what? This ain't complicated, except to a piece of shit thief who wants to pretend that illegally downloading copyrighted material from a criminal piracy site is not "stealing."

You knew damn well it was a criminal piracy site when you went to it. If not, you are too stupid to own a water pistol.

But hey - it's on the internet so it's free. To hell with the authors who dedicated their lives to research and thousands of hours of labor. Stealing their intellectual property is no different than any other tangible property, and people who do so are low-life scum!

tatan
May 22, 2017, 09:52
You are a thief. Both GF and sister are law school graduates and yeah, dinner topics include arguing the legal points of conversion and the merits of dividing the 9th circuit. (It's just how we roll, yo!).

My Master's Degree covers international law as it applies to strategic and security studies. But so what? This ain't complicated, except to a piece of shit thief who wants to pretend that illegally downloading copyrighted material from a criminal piracy site is not "stealing."

You knew damn well it was a criminal piracy site when you went to it. If not, you are too stupid to own a water pistol.

But hey - it's on the internet so it's free. To hell with the authors who dedicated their lives to research and thousands of hours of labor. Stealing their intellectual property is no different than any other tangible property, and people who do so are low-life scum!
offtopic:
Good that you're a such a staunch law enforcer.
You remind me of one movie - Robocop (Silvester Stallone), remember that? You should, those were days when you were just old, not prehistoric.
You're just like that Robo guy with a stuck up subroutine. :blackeye:

Instead of helping out, you're just dicking.

So let me help others, instead of you - if anyone is interested in Ian Skennerton manuals, i found them finally (and much more) at http://www.militaria.co.uk/

gunplumber
May 22, 2017, 10:09
So you have crawled back out of your hole to what? To pretend that it's still ok to steal from Ian Skinnerton as long as you're only downloading his pirated work and not uploading it?

Maybe you should just shut the f-ck up? Continuing to post does not enhance your position.

Huss
May 22, 2017, 11:34
offtopic:
You remind me of one movie - Robocop (Silvester Stallone), remember that? You should, those were days when you were just old, not prehistoric.

I don't think Stallone was ever in Robocop, but he was Judge Dredd & Demolition Man though.

:idea:

djfin
May 22, 2017, 11:40
offtopic:

Instead of helping out, you're just dicking.

So let me help others, instead of you - if anyone is interested in Ian Skennerton manuals, i found them finally (and much more) at http://www.militaria.co.uk/

One small point Silvester Stallone was not in any of the Robocop movies. And stealing is stealing period quit your upload / download Bullshit it's wrong and you are old enough to know better

tatan
May 22, 2017, 18:49
So you have crawled back out of your hole to what? To pretend that it's still ok to steal from Ian Skinnerton as long as you're only downloading his pirated work and not uploading it?

Maybe you should just shut the f-ck up? Continuing to post does not enhance your position.

Primo, i'm not enhancing anything. My life's not hanging in the virtual space like perhaps yours is, so i'm not feeling like giving a shite.

Secundo, if you ever wanted to actually help, you'd politely brought it to my attention, that link i shared was pointing to illegal copy and if really wanted to be of help, pointed the way, where it is possible to actually buy.
Instead, you're just rude from post one, helping none.

Tertio, that link i shared, i removed, i apologized, it tried to be polite inspite of your continuous rudeness.

Quarto, after some days spent searching, i finally was able to buy my own copy of Mr. Skennerton manuals from Mr. Tenniswood in England, in link, i again, shared.

So to make my thread summary concluded, i shared here what i learnt, for others, take it or leave it, trying to be factual.
Some (most) people were very helpful, which i'm thankful for.
Some playing the game aka 'Wanker, Texas Ranger'.

gunplumber
May 23, 2017, 08:29
if you ever wanted to actually help, you'd politely brought it to my attention, that link i shared was pointing to illegal copy

no, you piece of shit. As mentioned above, you are a "grown up" and know better. I don't need to "politely" suggest you stop stealing. Now go slither back under your rock.

msnyder
May 23, 2017, 15:11
So....Did you get any work done on that L1A1? I had the opposite problem this weekend. '80's Enfield Barrel wasn't cycling with fully closed regulator. Cleaned the recoil springs and tube, found a tighter fitting regulator, and reinstalled the gas tube a little tighter into the gas block. Now it throws the brass about 20 feet on 4. And post a pic of that beauty when you can!

tatan
May 26, 2017, 10:20
no, you piece of shit....

All right, you were funny to some degree, i gotta admit. Now, you're just getting outright boring.
If you just try to continue to be insulting like that, please, be at least more creative about it - if you hope to entertain the audience ...

If you want help in that regards, send me a PM - don't forget to ask nicely ;) :D

tatan
May 26, 2017, 10:34
So....Did you get any work done on that L1A1? I had the opposite problem this weekend. '80's Enfield Barrel wasn't cycling with fully closed regulator. Cleaned the recoil springs and tube, found a tighter fitting regulator, and reinstalled the gas tube a little tighter into the gas block. Now it throws the brass about 20 feet on 4. And post a pic of that beauty when you can!

Hello,
thanks for asking. No, i haven't done anything specific. I just visited my gun seller, where i had a look on roughly 20 other L1A1 SLRs and i found out that my SLR was in best shape out of them - except one other rifle - which was unfortunately reamed out too.

So i decided to definitely keep my SLR, no gun exchange at gun seller. So i will be in no hurry. I have several replacement components on the way and i will try to do something about it - if for nothing else, then for just a pure sakes of exploring :)

Hmm i'm gonna try to post some pic (of what i did, how i replaced gas tube), but not sure not experienced with those url linking much, here goes nothing:
http://imgur.com/pSnPCR9
http://imgur.com/hNXoxbC
http://imgur.com/CSSv2Sy
http://imgur.com/NSTlZvS
http://imgur.com/FBlg3XF
http://imgur.com/BH8zCEd
http://imgur.com/KgRhSbQ
http://imgur.com/UDIY8zk
http://imgur.com/AHvtGT8
http://imgur.com/sRy31FN
http://imgur.com/HfaT8XH
http://imgur.com/vxT4GHX

msnyder
May 26, 2017, 10:47
Looks real clean. Love the PH barrels. They also have some PH marked gas plugs around.

Hello,
thanks for asking. No, i haven't done anything specific. I just visited my gun seller, where i had a look on roughly 20 other L1A1 SLRs and i found out that my SLR was in best shape out of them - except one other rifle - which was unfortunately reamed out too.

So i decided to definitely keep my SLR, no gun exchange at gun seller. So i will be in no hurry. I have several replacement components on the way and i will try to do something about it - if for nothing else, then for just a pure sakes of exploring :)

Hmm i'm gonna try to post some pic (of what i did, how i replaced gas tube), but not sure not experienced with those url linking much, here goes nothing:
http://imgur.com/pSnPCR9
http://imgur.com/hNXoxbC
http://imgur.com/CSSv2Sy
http://imgur.com/NSTlZvS
http://imgur.com/FBlg3XF
http://imgur.com/BH8zCEd
http://imgur.com/KgRhSbQ
http://imgur.com/UDIY8zk
http://imgur.com/AHvtGT8
http://imgur.com/sRy31FN
http://imgur.com/HfaT8XH
http://imgur.com/vxT4GHX