PDA

View Full Version : Best night vision scope for AR?

Snake Bitten
March 10, 2017, 15:37
Need to purchase a night vision scope to deal with coyotes up to 100 yards. Budget, best bang for buck <$1500. All input appreciated.! SB

hueyville
March 10, 2017, 17:18
ATN Night Arrow Gen 2+ CGT in 4x or 6x will keep you around $1,500 and do good job. Only turned on my IR illuminators for testing, never really needed it. My 6x gets picked up when know its a coyote so easier to choose shot placement. Prefer them to my Thermal unless lots of fog or smoke.

2barearms
March 12, 2017, 12:59
I've got an AB Night Night Vision PVS 14 clone you could mount on your
rifle and use an infrared laser.

hueyville
March 13, 2017, 03:26
I've got an AB Night Night Vision PVS 14 clone you could mount on your
rifle and use an infrared laser.

Googled AB Night Vision, looked at product and then followed all links on their vendors page. Lots of good companies and stuff have not seen. Their housing kits to switcheck internals are dope. Might be interested in your PVS 14 clone and using one of their kits to bridge a pair. Have weapons sights and monoculars but no goggles. AB seems like they give the user most options of bridging then easily splitting back into monoculars have seen. Thanx for information.

2barearms
March 13, 2017, 21:46
Googled AB Night Vision, looked at product and then followed all links on their vendors page. Lots of good companies and stuff have not seen. Their housing kits to switcheck internals are dope. Might be interested in your PVS 14 clone and using one of their kits to bridge a pair. Have weapons sights and monoculars but no goggles. AB seems like they give the user most options of bridging then easily splitting back into monoculars have seen. Thanx for information.

Adam is a very good guy and extremely talented. These housings use the
MX 10160 type tubes that you would usually find in say an AVS 6. These tubes
can be found on eBay at way less than the premium for a PVS 14 tube. The contacts and diameter are the same but have no ability to manually adjust brightness. They are ABC Auto Brightness Control which can take a little time to adjust. The bino bridge set can get a bit pricey. I use mine for night time star viewing a lot.

Snake Bitten
March 16, 2017, 09:51
Thanks for all the info! Also, looking at refurb NAIT mil-spec scopes. I need to find out if they have a store front in Boerne, TX . Good excuse for a road trip to the hill country! SB