PDA

View Full Version : horror stories

madrad62
March 08, 2017, 16:40
A while back I asked if anyone new of a reputible ak builder.someone suggested a place in the north west.Iwrote it down and misplaced it,and didn't call the guy[I wasn't ready yet].Now I'm ready and am searching and all I hear is bad sh*t about the current slew of builders out there.
I've heard nothing but horror stories from canted barrel parts,bad parkerising,lousy customer service,head space issues.
I,ve got an romanian rpk kit I got right after the no barrel thing started,its in as new condition.I have since then got a barrel and receiver.Now all i need is a builder thats not going to f$%k it up.
Any suggestions?

Snake Bitten
March 08, 2017, 17:29
A while back I asked if anyone new of a reputible ak builder.someone suggested a place in the north west.Iwrote it down and misplaced it,and didn't call the guy[I wasn't ready yet].Now I'm ready and am searching and all I hear is bad sh*t about the current slew of builders out there.
I've heard nothing but horror stories from canted barrel parts,bad parkerising,lousy customer service,head space issues.
I,ve got an romanian rpk kit I got right after the no barrel thing started,its in as new condition.I have since then got a barrel and receiver.Now all i need is a builder thats not going to f$%k it up.
Any suggestions?
I would send it to Glen Riddle at Magnum Gunsmith in Youngstown, OH area. He built an AK for me and it's a quality build. He's a member here, aka, 187 and an excellent gunsmith!!! SB

msnyder
March 08, 2017, 23:29
I would send it to Glen Riddle at Magnum Gunsmith in Youngstown, OH area. He built an AK for me and it's a quality build. He's a member here, aka, 187 and an excellent gunsmith!!! SB

+1 for Glen.

mp
March 09, 2017, 09:45
Any suggestions?

Turbothis/Matt Yeamans/MyGunsNorthwest

Story
March 09, 2017, 11:25
I thought this thread was going to be about engaging Zombie hordes and fast magazine changes.

catmguy445
March 16, 2017, 17:28
Any suggestions?

Yeah, there is a guy in the Boise area named Corey Weathermon who runs a shop named Northwest Gun Supply. I had him build an East German AK kit for me on a NoDak Spud receiver, and he did a great job. Matched the original factory bluing perfectly, even used German markings for the fire selector positions on the receiver. He told me that it would take about 3 weeks to build it, and it was ready in 3 weeks. It shoots great, looks great, and I've had NO problems with the gun at all. Corey is a real perfectionist, and it shows in his work. The web address is http://www.northwestgunsupply.com. Take a look at his website, there are some examples of guns he's built and some that he has for sale. I recommend him very highly.