PDA

View Full Version : Canadian C1a1 lowers versus L1a1 Australian

Impala_Guy
March 04, 2017, 15:51
Anyway to tell an unnumbered Aussie lower from a CAL manufactured lower?

tdb59
March 04, 2017, 16:51
Anyway to tell an unnumbered Aussie lower from a CAL manufactured lower?

Canadian will probably not have the 'A' marked.

Lee Carpentieri
March 04, 2017, 18:55
Hard to say as they both exchanged parts when needed. Both had L2/C2A1 lowers. Canadian Navy had Full-auto C1A1's also. I have three C1A1 lowers with NO AD markings on them that came out of Canada, But who's to say they weren't imported from Australia without the AD markings?

Thorack
March 04, 2017, 19:21
Yep,

Quickest way to tell is if one of the selector marks is "A" marked. If its got "A" its almost 100% Aussie. I have yet to see a Canadian lower with an "A" selector mark. Ive got several NOS Aussie and Canadian lowers.

Thorack

Jarhead504
March 05, 2017, 16:41
Yep,

Quickest way to tell is if one of the selector marks is "A" marked. If its got "A" its almost 100% Aussie. I have yet to see a Canadian lower with an "A" selector mark. Ive got several NOS Aussie and Canadian lowers.

Thorack

Brother Thorack: I have an unmarked, un-issued, stripped (it has the recoil spring tube) Canadian (or) Aussie lower. I will have to check which, but my question for you is, what is it worth should I sell it? I want to use it for my next build since it has never been used, however should the need arise and need to part with it....??

TIA,
Jarhead

Thorack
March 06, 2017, 03:46
Well,

Right now you can still buy NOS Canadian lowers for $100. NOS Aussie lowers have become very hard to find the last one I saw for sale was $250.

Thorack

ExCdnSoldierInTx
March 07, 2017, 12:53
I never saw a Canadian rifle with an "A" mark on the selector unless it was a C2. Also, the upper and lower are both L serialed and match each other.

ExCdnSoldierInTx
March 07, 2017, 12:55
Well,

Right now you can still buy NOS Canadian lowers for $100. NOS Aussie lowers have become very hard to find the last one I saw for sale was $250.

Thorack

Yup. That's the way to go if you can get them. Then you can number it to the rifle series you're building if you wish.