View Full Version : Parkerizing step-by-step..plz.
June 10, 2002, 13:03
Would one of the masters of WECSOG parking please spell out the step-by-step process starting with a cosmo-soaked gun and ending up with a newly finished gun?
Why dont one of you guys make a FAQ?? We can add to it as needed and I am sure Double-ought would put it in his Articles section. Jen could put a sticky up to and link to it. Anyone???:)
Blood of Tyrants
June 10, 2002, 15:27
Click here ----Kitchen Stove Parkerizing (http://www.jouster.com/articles30m1/parkerizing.html)
This is a good source. But basically the process is:
1. Degrease thoroughly. A solvent like automotive brake cleaner or lacquer thinner works well.
2. Sand or sandblast the parts thouroughly.
3. Coat with LimeAway (acid based household cleaner) and rince with hot water after a few seconds.
4. Drop the part in hot (just before boiling) parking solution that you got from Brownell's and prepared according to their instructions.
5. Take the part out after about 15 minutes, rinse with hot water and then spray it down with a quality lubricant.
You are done.
June 10, 2002, 15:51
How bout having a thing of water boiling next to the parking tank? transfer the parts from the boiling water to the park tank directly ??
I was thinking of going the "buy the chemicals and diy" route. I already have one of Double Oughts tanks!! Sweet tank!
I am gonna do a Sten MK3 kit. Can't wait!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.