PDA

View Full Version : No sticky on Inch wood cartouches???

L/FN
March 02, 2017, 22:57
Butts, grips, handguards and carry handles?

gunplumber
March 03, 2017, 10:27
I have about 50 photos I took of proof marks and regimental markings on the many thousand Brit, NZ, and Aussie stocks and grips I got out of the EAI liquidation, but it's a lot of work. If I'm going to expend the effort to put together a page, it will be on my website. Without moderator access by someone like me with excellent "library" organizational skills, it would become the same pathetic mess that passes for FalFiles Reference and Data section now.

We need someone (like me) who has 6,809 Files in 157 Folders to have the ability to cut, paste, edit, combine, and organize threads.

But some wailing little bitches got their panties in a bind when "gunplumber" and "moderator" occur in the same sentence.

I've even offered the idea of a new user name called "librarian" on which multiple people like myself could operate under a single hat, separate from our regular user name. That way those who are particularly knowledgeable about one facet, could combine 16 years of posts on their special subject (BGS markings, for example), while another could arrange on their specialty.

The other problem is that the FF relies on external links which generally aren't active 10 years later. I know I've renamed files a dozen times as my organization of the files becomes more refined.

machinegunner
March 03, 2017, 10:42
I have about 50 photos I took of proof marks and regimental markings on the many thousand Brit, NZ, and Aussie stocks and grips I got out of the EAI liquidation, but it's a lot of work. If I'm going to expend the effort to put together a page, it will be on my website. Without moderator access by someone like me with excellent "library" organizational skills, it would become the same pathetic mess that passes for FalFiles Reference and Data section now.

We need someone (like me) who has 6,809 Files in 157 Folders to have the ability to cut, paste, edit, combine, and organize threads.

But some wailing little bitches got their panties in a bind when "gunplumber" and "moderator" occur in the same sentence.

I've even offered the idea of a new user name called "librarian" on which multiple people like myself could operate under a single hat, separate from our regular user name. That way those who are particularly knowledgeable about one facet, could combine 16 years of posts on their special subject (BGS markings, for example), while another could arrange on their specialty.

The other problem is that the FF relies on external links which generally aren't active 10 years later. I know I've renamed files a dozen times as my organization of the files becomes more refined.

I nominate GP as moderator

L/FN
March 03, 2017, 11:09
Thanks for the effort Mark.
I'm surprise at the amount of time you already spend on here trying to help people out. I had to wean myself away so I could try to get things done.

.30-06
March 03, 2017, 14:53
I nominate GP as moderator

I second this

y18376
March 03, 2017, 17:56

It would make a brilliant resource collected & printed then made available commercially. :thumbsup:
Would you really want to to be distracted from your primary role of refurbishing weapons and part supply for a moderator role ?

gunplumber
March 04, 2017, 07:30
I have no interest in moderating people on this or any other discussion boards. But if I am doing a search on "BGS gas block variations" how hard would it be to take 5 threads and combine them into one, and save the photos to a falfiles server (instead of relying on a tenuous photo bucket link)?

If I did 1 or 2 such things a day, that would be a lot. Imagine what I could have done in the last 16 years!

I wish Jen will just sell me the FalFiles. It could be so much more if the reference section was run in a wikipedia type format.

hkshooter
March 04, 2017, 07:53
I'd vote for Mark but it would be equivalent to dropping a ballot through a slot in a blank plate resting over a black hole. With the wind blowing.

This brings up something I never forget and people often over look in their self righteous butthurttedness, Mark's contributions here. They come often and without fee, and most of the time without prompting. He doesn't have to do that and has plenty to keep him busy without the Files. But he's still here and continues to offer up free help for people daily. And his information is accurate and in some cases, rare.
The Files may only be a shadow of what it could be as a resource but were it not for Mark, it would be only a shadow of what it is now. Cudgel, arrogant bastard, asshole, whatever people like to throw out there when they get butthurt over his lack of tolerance of stupid shit and people, he's a great asset to the board and I'm thankful he's here to offer up what he knows.