PDA

View Full Version : JNC M3HB .50 Beltfed with extras

inrem
March 02, 2017, 13:44
Gents and ladies,

Looking to thin out my collection a bit and have a JNC M3HB on offer (a M2HB Ma Duce, but with a M3 receiver - looks almost the same but allowed for a higher rate of theoretical fire in full-auto-mode on an aircraft). My M3HB is semi, so the rate of fire is theoretical unless you added a legal hand crank (they do exist, I just don't own one).

Posting a link to my Marketplace listing here for visibility - hope that is not a problem.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411760

SAFN49
March 02, 2017, 19:15
Excellent price. If I hadn't already gone over my gun budget for the entire year I would be all over this.

medicmike
March 02, 2017, 20:34
Oh how I wish I had the money for this.....been lusting for a belt fed .50 for years. Great buy on this.

Sagerider
March 03, 2017, 12:14
I have a question about the operation of these .50 cal units.
Does the full auto version operate from an open bolt?
If it does what changes are made so it does not?

The reason I am asking is my RPD is a semi version and it did not function as it came to me because the original full auto is an open bolt design. To meet the requirements for closed bolt semi auto changes needed to be made. The thing did not function when I first got it, perfect. What I found out is a careful balance of recoil spring and striker spring must be achieved in order for the thing to function as intended in semi auto. Sort of pissed me off at first but I got it running ok now. Mine is from Wise Lite.

Sorry for my ignorance.

SAFN49
March 03, 2017, 23:43
Mine is from Wise Lite.

There's your problem right there.

Sagerider
March 04, 2017, 17:09
Extremely informative and helpful reply to my question, thank you.

SAFN49
March 04, 2017, 19:30
Extremely informative and helpful reply to my question, thank you.

Google is your friend. Wise Lite made a bunch of first gen crap receivers for semi M53's (aka MG42's) They wouldn't even function and were warped. They had piss poor quality control and only had a few models functioned as advertised. They could build a good tube gun, the semi Sterlings.

If you buy anything other than Sterling or a Gen 2 M53 Wise Lite don't expect it to work.

Sagerider
March 04, 2017, 20:07
My question was in regards to the M2 not Wise Lite or my RPD. I mentioned my bad luck with the RPD only because I did not feel like coughing up $8,000.00 for another piece of cobbled together crap.
I sincerely do thank you though as I was about to raid my savings but after your non answer to my question it gave me pause to reconsider a possible serious mistake.
Thank you :)

SAFN49
March 04, 2017, 21:00
My question was in regards to the M2 not Wise Lite or my RPD. I mentioned my bad luck with the RPD only because I did not feel like coughing up $8,000.00 for another piece of cobbled together crap.
I sincerely do thank you though as I was about to raid my savings but after your non answer to my question it gave me pause to reconsider a possible serious mistake.
Thank you :)

JNC is GTG. Have him do a trigger job on it. He'll do it for the cost of the shipping. He builds good stuff and is above board.

He does it right the first time. You won't be wasting your money.

Crystal?

Let me break this down for you Barney style. You bought shit Wise Lite and are comparing it to JNC. It's like comparing apples to bananas.

Sagerider
March 04, 2017, 21:49
Please reread my question. For some reason you just can't
get over the RPD. My question is "does the M2 fire from an open
Or closed bolt? If it does use an open bolt type system what
changes are made so it meets the ATF requirement that
it does not?
I don't know how much planer I can ask the question.

SAFN49
March 05, 2017, 00:29
Please reread my question. For some reason you just can't get over the RPD. My question is "does the M2 fire from an open
it does not?

When was the last time an open bolt semi automatic firearm was able to be produced per ATF rules? :facepalm:

Here's JNC's web site. Call him if you have questions. http://www.jncmanufacturing.com/

medicmike
March 05, 2017, 02:20
Please reread my question. For some reason you just can't
get over the RPD. My question is "does the M2 fire from an open
it does not?

The full auto M2 fires from a closed bolt.

Sagerider
March 05, 2017, 04:54
Dear God, thank you.

inrem
March 09, 2017, 10:40
The M3HB et. al. is still available. I would really very much prefer to do this as a local sale with a Philadelphia PA pickup - matter of weight and logistics.

Very nice setup, just I could use the extra room.

hueyville
March 17, 2017, 01:06
Remember when semi auto M2's were $1,700 in shotgun news. Like a thousand other things kick myself everytime I see one. Same feeling when see the price on Plymouth Cuda's and Challengers when count the number scrapped in high school for beer money. Losing my crystal ball really fubared my life. Nice weapon sir. Hand crank not necessary, just adds to cost of ammo. If can't knock a bad guy down as is, full auto wasn't going to save you.