PDA

View Full Version : So I want a Diamondbackmodel DB10 ELB....

splattermatic
March 01, 2017, 09:12
It comes with an 18", stainless, fluted barrel, a2 fh, and key mod free float handguards.
Any good, bad, or ugly, stories, or reviews on them ?
It's a 308 of course....

splattermatic
March 02, 2017, 08:24
Wow, really , noone ??
Ferris, Ferris ????

MAINER
March 02, 2017, 08:53
:popcorn:

If it helps any, I'm kinda disappointed in the response too! What the 'ell I need another .308 Shell Shucker for is beyond my understanding, but the AR version does hold my interest. Haven't parted with any money howsomever.

The "Diamondback" is produced by Taurus? Didn't know they had entered the game.
$930 at Roy's Gunworks, not a bad price for a .308 AR it would seem.

I think this rifle was just rolled out at SHOT, maybe why there's not much info as yet.

kotengu
March 02, 2017, 09:44
I've seen them and wondered too - the price sure is right. But I couldn't find any reports either.

But evetually the low price scared me off (thinking it was "cheap"), and I bought an Armalite. I'd love for you to buy one and prove me wrong -

jhend170
March 02, 2017, 09:49
You probably won't hear much about Diamondback because they are considered an extreme budget brand. Their pistols are about as basic as they come, and while not bad products they aren't something someone brags about. I had one of the little DB380s I picked up for $100 and it was ok, nothing special, but it tended to go bang when I pulled the (awful) trigger. Traded it and $50 for a set of tires for my truck; I came out ahead on that deal.

That is the standard they set though. I'm sure their AR products are ok, but "OK" is the area they market to. If you want it, get it, and get a range report to us. You may find it to be the best bang for the buck, or that there's a reason they are priced like they are. Enquiring minds want to know.

splattermatic
March 02, 2017, 16:57
I'm thinking hard on the stainless, fluted, one.
Can't see it being anything, I can't work on, if needed.
Read a few reviews, and they were favorable.

pre1989
March 02, 2017, 18:23
They make Air boats you know ? I had one there pistols ..There CS was good ..But I only need it as the pins walked out on the gun and it would not work with HP ammo ..

That was the last time I bought from them.. PSA carries AR10 now for cheep like 600-800 bucks for a basic build ..

That said I would look very close at the specs on the gun and what kind of mags it takes and go from there

Tuhlmann
March 03, 2017, 08:30
If you plan on being able to work on it, it may be worth finding out what pattern they are following (if any) so uou don't find yourself in a parts-sourcing fiasco. MSRs in .308 are the Wild West in terms of lack of standardization.

splattermatic
March 03, 2017, 09:02
Dpms pattern.
Magpul mag in the pics.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/splattermatic/pix891627942_zpsvqypuc6y.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/splattermatic/media/pix891627942_zpsvqypuc6y.jpg.html)

bigsky
March 03, 2017, 09:43
looks like they are following the "stoner" pattern......thats a screaming deal....there is a lot of ar10 parts and accessories for the AR platform down in florida..There is a lot of sales competition down there. I have picked up quite a bit of AR10 and 15 parts from down there. The ar10 parts I have seen are the dpms Gen 1 stuff,"the closest thing to an industry standard" there is right now, first time I have noticed the stoner type products..

Interesting they chose the stoner receiver type and the dpms barrel extension..i would have been your guinea pig if i had not just finished my ar10 G1 build that ended up looking just like their 16" and weighs the same weight as that one. except i have $200. more into my weapon i pieced together.
Doesnt look like a 20 rd. alum. mag to me, more like a p mag.

I have more fun building my own, blueprinting all the parts so they work together and having a fine weapon when your done.
if you can fit and finish an ar type weapon i would go for it..

bigsky
March 03, 2017, 09:54
i am not very familiar with the stoner type rec. and bcg...from what i have heard they are a little lighter then the LR308 platform and work great, there are stoner type access. barrels out there, but i think there is quite a bit more of an afterrmarket supply of lr308 barrel ext. out there. i think its a cool concept. Maybe the best of both worlds combined..

Old Sarge
March 03, 2017, 11:04
I asked about them a few months back and didn't get much feedback. They look like a deal and I saw a couple of positive Youtube vids on them. Still pondering on whether or not to get one.

From the AK Files http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288254

From Falfiles http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408013

Old Sarge

Tuhlmann
March 07, 2017, 13:24
Re-read post #8 above. It's about much more than the magazines.