PDA

View Full Version : Hkparts.net, Members Opinions?

Straight Shooter
February 28, 2017, 01:30
I'm thinking of ordering a couple of items from Hkparts.net, and would like peoples opinions / experience dealing with this company.

NFADLR
February 28, 2017, 01:34
This website and proprietor as I remember was in trouble with batfe don't know if this trouble was resolved this is just from memory.

Would hate to see someone buy parts they might never get due to legal issues.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/29/hkparts-net-owner-convicted-faces-33-years-prison/

Would rather buy from ROBERTRTE.com http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/home.asp

HibikiR
February 28, 2017, 03:44
I got some small parts for a pistol from them with no issues.

As far as the ownership goes, I think I read that the guy with the legal issues separated himself from the business operation so while he's up s**t creek the business can continue to serve the community.

paulb2112
February 28, 2017, 04:34
They are gtg. No problem at all.

gunplumber
February 28, 2017, 08:17
Some people I admire and respect, dislike the proprietor with great intensity.

The proprietor, Mr. Weber, has been indited for violations revolving around selling to customers outside the US without an export license, and for alleged firearms transactions without appropriate licenses.

When he buys parts from me, he pays up front.

When I or my customers buy parts from him, he ships them to me promptly and as-advertised.

This last part is the only thing that really matters.

I too, would rather buy from Robert, but that's because he used to live down the street from me and we have been personal friends as well as business associates for 20+ years. But sometimes HKParts,net has things that Robert doesn't.

hkshooter
February 28, 2017, 08:28
The OP never asked about the owner or his reputation. He did ask about the company and opinions on its reputation. To that extent, personally, I've always had great experiences with HKParts.net. Even long before it was an Internet based company. Buy with confidence, you will get exactly what you pay for as described and in a timely fashion.

Combloc
February 28, 2017, 08:35
I've been buying from them for years with no problems at all.

machinegunner
February 28, 2017, 08:51
I've bought from rtg and hkparts both are gtg

Straight Shooter
February 28, 2017, 08:59
This website and proprietor as I remember was in trouble with batfe don't know if this trouble was resolved this is just from memory.

Would hate to see someone buy parts they might never get due to legal issues.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/29/hkparts-net-owner-convicted-faces-33-years-prison/

Would rather buy from ROBERTRTE.com http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/home.asp

Thank you NFADLR. It was exactly that which seeded my concern. I did looked over the RTG website and found the exact same item at half the price and lower shipping. Momma Shooter didn't raise a fool.:wink:

Straight Shooter
February 28, 2017, 09:14
The OP never asked about the owner or his reputation. He did ask about the company and opinions on its reputation. To that extent, personally, I've always had great experiences with HKParts.net. Even long before it was an Internet based company. Buy with confidence, you will get exactly what you pay for as described and in a timely fashion.

HKSHOOTER, while I agree with you, I am old enough, and experienced enough to respect / fear the Dragon that is the BATFE. Dragons can be good, bad or just indifferent, but with one swish of their mighty tail, they can change a body's life forever. Raised on Aesop's fables, one story comes to sharp focus, the tale of the Farmer and the Stork. The morale of that tale is "You will be judged by others, by the company that you keep." :tinfoilhat:

Klaus Von Richter
February 28, 2017, 09:28
They are GTG. Adams family took over the business because of his legal troubles. I have never had a problem ordering from them. I just placed an order with them about a week ago, everything showed up just fine. Their prices are kinda high sometimes but they do have items you can't get anywhere else. RTG is also a great place for parts.

Barbcue
March 01, 2017, 18:36
Before the Hammer fell on California and getting any sort of "AW" type pistols i purchased a pair of the very last generation Special Weapons MP-5K pistols from them.

Pistols look good and run fine . Deal was smooth and shipping was fast.

Barbcue

madmax_fal
March 01, 2017, 21:01
Buy with confidence. Everything I have ordered from them was at least as good as described, often better. Shipped promptly as well.

NFADLR
March 01, 2017, 21:12
So Gomez is ceo now ?

Check the URL on the pic below!!

LOL

http://gunfreezone.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/addams-family.jpg

http://cdn.emgn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Addams-Family-Trivia-EMGN4.gif

They are GTG. Adams family took over the business because of his legal troubles. I have never had a problem ordering from them. I just placed an order with them about a week ago, everything showed up just fine. Their prices are kinda high sometimes but they do have items you can't get anywhere else. RTG is also a great place for parts.

wanneroo
March 02, 2017, 10:24
Have ordered from them numerous times and everything is promptly shipped.

hansellhd
March 02, 2017, 11:52
Thank you NFADLR. It was exactly that which seeded my concern. I did looked over the RTG website and found the exact same item at half the price and lower shipping. Momma Shooter didn't raise a fool.:wink:

That's why I always go with RTG first.

Drew Eckhardt
March 03, 2017, 16:48
I'm thinking of ordering a couple of items from Hkparts.net, and would like peoples opinions / experience dealing with this company.

The handful of orders I placed with them all shipped quickly.

Straight Shooter
March 06, 2017, 01:35
I would like to thank one and all for their replies to my query. :bow:

Albatross52
March 27, 2017, 20:11
I have done business with Adam at hkparts.net for quite a while, His prices are high, but the quality is also,He is one of the fastest shippers out there. Robert at RTG has the best prices, and since the move is getting faster. Brownell's is hit and miss, they just can't seem to get the inventory issues correct on the HK pieces. Apex is a good source of surplus HK parts too,alond with gatewoodsupply, both with excellent shipping times. Midwestgunworks.com is also a dependable supplier of new parts.
I am new to the group, just didn't know where to post my intro.
Travis

eodinert
April 06, 2017, 08:49
I bought an 10.5 inch MR556 barrel there, and an HK gas block mounted front sight for it. The factory HK front sight would not lock in the down position (the barrel and gas block are presumably US made). When you shoot with the sight folded down, muzzle blast flips it about half way up.

I contacted the company, and no fucks were given. I work overseas, and don't have a lot of time to deal with stuff like this, so I will pay to make it work when I have time (the notch that locks the sight in place in the down position is undersized), and I will share the experience whenever someone asks.

K.O.A.M.
April 15, 2017, 13:38
I've had really great experiences with both HKparts.net and Robert RTG. If Robert has what I need, it's usually cheaper so I buy there. If he doesn't, I have confidence in HKparts.net.

Andy2205
April 16, 2017, 08:10
RTG parts for the win.

sabre5g
May 15, 2017, 17:36
I had the fastest shipping ever. Adam webber is a good guy. Screw the ATF. They are bottom tier shitbags in the grand scheme of things. Their PT test is a joke. And the stupid rules and laws are unconstitutional. Don't follow them. But be wise and use common sense.

I think Adam webber or what not got screwed over when he was partenerwd with some other business and got scapegoated over an SBR. It seems to me the ATF likes to make examples

saltydog
May 17, 2017, 14:24
I have had no problems with either RTG or HKParts.....

Lon Moer
June 10, 2017, 22:10
I've had no problems buying from Robert, Adam or Gordon. :cool: