PDA

View Full Version : Vector V93 range report

BM59
February 26, 2017, 17:18
I posted a WTB for a V93 a while ago and I ended up buying one at 802traders for about one grand shipped. I got a nice muzzle brake job done by Mike Fiesta at tieronedefense (whom I highly recommend to anybody who has the fortune to live in the people republic of NJ with its crazy gun laws), he replaced the sloppily welded hider with a HK brake from Robertrg. I also replaced the Navy flat side trigger pack with a HK polymer carved lower sold here by Wehrmacht - needed a bit of fitting but it looks way better. I took it to the range yesterday and shot 70 rds of Federal 5.56 and about 20 of PMC XTac. Smooth functioning, it went 'click' only once but was fine with same round after clearing and reloading. Groups at 50yds were consistenly at 1.5 - 2 MOA, which I expect when I use irons. My only disappointment is with a couple of Promag mags (which I had reduced to 15 rds together with the one from Vector for compliance) - I modified the tab to fit the mag retainer but I must have carved too much because they do not stay in place - will try to fill with JBWeld. Overall happy with purchase, thanks to many of you who posted their advice in previous thread.

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq24/para1962/7FCDCC9A-8572-43F5-BBFE-FB187D040326_zpsqcdzdq1b.jpg

yellowhand
February 26, 2017, 17:27
Nice!
I enjoy my 93's.:biggrin:
Just happy I got all my original mags at 14 each back in the day.

hkshooter
February 26, 2017, 17:51
Good to hear you got a good one. I really enjoy mine but sometimes wish I'd have paid more attention and got a few more factory mags. I have five but would like a couple more and it's hard to swallow that $80 ea price tag.

yellowhand
February 26, 2017, 18:06
Good to hear you got a good one. I really enjoy mine but sometimes wish I'd have paid more attention and got a few more factory mags. I have five but would like a couple more and it's hard to swallow that $80 ea price tag.

Got mine from Midway @14.00 each, and never believed they would go so dang high, about like the PSL mags.

BM59
February 26, 2017, 18:17
I ordered a surplus one from Apex at $70 and it was indeed painful - please guys stop reminding us how cheap it used to be :facepalm:

That said, I want the Promags 20 rounder to work because it is better for shooting from bench.

yellowhand
February 26, 2017, 18:33
I ordered a surplus one from Apex at $70 and it was indeed painful - please guys stop reminding us how cheap it used to be :facepalm:

That said, I want the Promags 20 rounder to work because it is better for shooting from bench.

I trimmed my promag ones, a little, stuck them in, they fit tight.
Lucky he is I guess.:whistling:
I almost bought an 80.00 original 20 rounder, but slapped myself silly.:biggrin:

Paid 12 bucks for the PSL mags, used, a little surface rust, and new ones for 18.
But was also buying new surplus FAL mags for 5 and new in the wrap surplus M1 carbine mags for 2.00 each.
Being old, is a good thing in the firearms hobby.:rofl:

hkshooter
February 26, 2017, 20:03
I haven't looked for any in a long time but if you find some MKE mags I've read good things about them. Early ones needed the catch slot lifted a hair but once the mod was done most reports say they run great. Might see if you can look some up, I know the Turks are still importing the rifles.

Here they are but out of stock. Just for reference.
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=17969&idcategory=156

Klaus Von Richter
February 26, 2017, 20:16
That lower looks nice on your Vector.

A good place to find mags are on Gun forums. You can find some good deals on HKpro.

yellowhand
February 26, 2017, 20:26
I haven't looked for any in a long time but if you find some MKE mags I've read good things about them. Early ones needed the catch slot lifted a hair but once the mod was done most reports say they run great. Might see if you can look some up, I know the Turks are still importing the rifles.

Here they are but out of stock. Just for reference.
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=17969&idcategory=156

I love all of HK parts stuff, but can't afford it, or won't pay those prices.:uhoh:

Get most of my stuff from here.

http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK93-HK33-c106.htm?pageStyle=h&ProdSort=3&page=8&idCategory=106&viewAll=yes

hkshooter
February 26, 2017, 20:33
I love all of HK parts stuff, but can't afford it, or won't pay those prices.:uhoh:

Get most of my stuff from here.

http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK93-HK33-c106.htm?pageStyle=h&ProdSort=3&page=8&idCategory=106&viewAll=yes

I've been using Robert for years but I checked when I looked for a link and he doesn't carry the MKE mags.

yellowhand
February 26, 2017, 20:41
I've been using Robert for years but I checked when I looked for a link and he doesn't carry the MKE mags.

If these are the ones that snap together, side by side, I got a few from him last year or so back, but yea, don;t see them listed now.

He has added to his stock though.:)

Bubacus
February 27, 2017, 07:20
How are the pro-mag 40 rounders? Just curious:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-accessories/h-k-93-40-round-magazine-detail.html?Itemid=0

jam762
February 27, 2017, 07:47
Not sure about the 40's but the 30's work great in a C93. The 40's are just too long.

yellowhand
February 27, 2017, 13:47
How are the pro-mag 40 rounders? Just curious:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-accessories/h-k-93-40-round-magazine-detail.html?Itemid=0

they actually work, but as said, they are huge!

.30-06
March 12, 2017, 18:07
Been eyeing one of these for a while. Are these made on new production parts or are they built on surplus kits?

hkshooter
March 12, 2017, 18:45
Been eyeing one of these for a while. Are these made on new production parts or are they built on surplus kits?

Mix of both. To my knowledge nobody makes 33/93 bolt group parts or trunnions, cocking tubes.
Barrels, trigger group parts, and grip frames are the only US made parts that I can recall for the .223 guns. Possibly recoil spring rods and muzzle devices. Haven't looked into these in a long time and preferring to use surplus whenever possible, I could have missed a US part along the way.

Edit: I believe someone made US made butt stocks, too. But nobody make the HK style plastic forearm that I recall.

.30-06
March 12, 2017, 19:07
Mix of both. To my knowledge nobody makes 33/93 bolt group parts or trunnions, cocking tubes.
Barrels, trigger group parts, and grip frames are the only US made parts that I can recall for the .223 guns. Possibly recoil spring rods and muzzle devices. Haven't looked into these in a long time and preferring to use surplus whenever possible, I could have missed a US part along the way.

Edit: I believe someone made US made butt stocks, too. But nobody make the HK style plastic forearm that I recall.

I cant tell from the picture, but is the trigger housing an SEF model or is it the SUO type from Malaysia?

Klaus Von Richter
March 12, 2017, 21:02
I cant tell from the picture, but is the trigger housing an SEF model or is it the SUO type from Malaysia?

SUO Malaysian contract made by HK.

hkshooter
March 12, 2017, 21:10
Yup, this. ^^^

BM59
March 12, 2017, 21:19

Bolt and bolt assembly, cocking tube, recoil rod all looked surplus when I cleaned it. I believe the stock is surplus too - the pin spring was stuck and i had to hammer it out with a pin and mallet. I will post pics of interiors next time I break it apart.

hkshooter
March 12, 2017, 21:32
These are great rifles. I traded one to a board member a few years ago and kind of wish I had it back. But I got a really nice L1A1 out of the deal, exactly what I wanted to trade for.

msnyder
March 13, 2017, 12:34
These are great rifles. I traded one to a board member a few years ago and kind of wish I had it back. But I got a really nice L1A1 out of the deal, exactly what I wanted to trade for.

Still have that 33. Love it!

hkshooter
March 13, 2017, 13:09
Still have that 33. Love it!

:biggrin:

HK556WI
March 22, 2017, 19:46
I had a V33 until it was voted off the island. In favor of a Ghillie built 93 on a SW receiver. I fell into a mint HK93 de-mill. In Jeff's exact words "What moron cut up a NIB HK93". I found it on Numrich Arms for $265.00 complete front end and bcg.