PDA

View Full Version : HK vs POF furniture

superjc
February 24, 2017, 19:36
How are the POF wide handguards? I remember their bipods were terrible and sloppy. I'm thinking of getting one from RTG or should I hold out for a German one?

Also thinking of buying a Namibian forearm (I like the vents) and painting it black, what kind of paint would be closest to HK furniture, medium-gloss black? I figured one of you guys may have experimented with this.

Klaus Von Richter
February 24, 2017, 20:55
I have a POF wide handguard. It is well made and is pretty nice. I would definitely buy another. For the price point I would buy a POF over a German one.

hkshooter
February 24, 2017, 21:55
I've had POF stocks and such, cannot tell the difference from HK, only cheaper.

I'll agree, the bipod was a disapointment.

Namibian furniture is heavy and expensive. The former makes it a pain to carry, the later makes it a bad idea to paint it. I'd recommend searching out a vented G3 type hand guard. They are out there.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-91-G3-Horizontal-Vented-Wide-Black-Handguard-112p2101.htm

superjc
February 24, 2017, 22:04
I've had POF stocks and such, cannot tell the difference from HK, only cheaper.

Thankyou! This is what I wanted to know.
I understand the Namibian buttstock is the heavy part; and they seem to be super rare, I've seen a few handguards around for $100 shipped lately. Maybe I'll snag one and whatever Krylon I use, I'll do the same on my plastic PTR stock. I have a German stock in case that goes wrong :tongue: